Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems every printing of this game I see out there has different dice & tokens from the last. Now that Asmodee is running Catan Studios, I'm curious to see how this new reprint is looking. Particular, if the insert is any better. Anyone pick it up and have pictures?

I need to get the expansions finally and my base set is slightly worn. It's cheap enough that I might consider just grabbing a new one so cards are evenly worn and then give this one away/sell cheap.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Stone
United States
Monroe
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pictures at

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/203219/rivals-catan-delu...

I had to make my own insert to accommodate the expansions, and gave the plastic deck holders away since my paper version is so much better.

Really want different dice, these are garish compared to the previous set. Got a virtual set for my phone (Custom Image Dice app), but it is just not the same.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Milton
United States
Prior Lake
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That link is for the deluxe version that was put out a couple years ago. There is a new reprint that is just hitting shelves in the last couple weeks. It's the regular version, not the deluxe with the card holders and promos.

The tokens in that deluxe set are the absolute worst I've seen of all the sets so far. I wish the one I had bought had the wooden ones like were pictured on it but it came with yellow and blue acrylic hexes with the images etched on. Could be worse but also could have been better. I don't understand why the simple components of this game seem to constantly be different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.