Caverna: The Forgotten Folk» Forums » Rules

Subject: Breeding cave + Halflings + Kennels? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Anders Johansson
Sweden
flag msg tools
Halflings:
Expert breeders: In each breedning phase, if you have at least 4 of an animal, you get 2 offspring of that type (rather than 1). If you have 2 or 3 of an animal, you get the usual 1 offspring.

Breeding cave:
Every time you breed your animals (in the Breeding phase or via the corresponding Expedition loot item), you will get 1 Food for each newborn Farm animal. If you get a newborn for each of the four types of Farm animals, you will get one more Food for a total of 5 Food. Take the Food from the general supply.

Kennels:
In each Breeding phase, if you have at least 2 Dogs on your Home board, you get 1 Dog from the general supply. (Your Dogs breed like Farm animals but they are still not considered Farm animals.)

Please help me sort out how the abilities mentioned above relate to each other, and - in particular - which of the three takes predecence over the others?

1) With Halflings, 4 wild boars and 4 sheep (for example) will give me in total 4 newborn animals. Will this grant me 4 or 5 food if I also possess the Breedning cave? I realise that the basic rules define that you need to breed 4 unique newborn animals, but of course the basic rules where written without any thought on the expansion and this situation.

2) With Halflings, if I possess Kennels and manage to breed 4 different newborn animals (all unique) will this grant med 4 or 5 food? Again, basic rules define that I need Farm animals(i.e. not Dogs) but I'm curious about your views/interpretations/clarifications in this subject.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grzegorz Kobiela
Germany
Hanover
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Editor at Lookout Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Breeding Cave only cares for different types of animals. As you said, with no expansion in mind, the wording on Breeding Cave wasn't chosen too carefully and is now a little ambiguous.

So:

1) You get 2 food.
2) You need 4 different newborn animals that are not dogs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.