Hide
12 Posts

Dice Throne: Season Two – Battle Chest» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gunslinger questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Baramon
msg tools
We played our first game today and Samurai ran over Gunslinger like a freight train of honor, is she that weak or we been playing her in a wrong way?

Bounty Hunter talent says: Inflict Bounty. Then deal 1 undependable damage.
Is this damage immediately boosted with +1 damage and extra CP as Bounty status says or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Phelan
United States
Lake Waukomis
Missouri
flag msg tools
I am no expert but the Bounty Hunter needs to use Evasive a lot and her defensive ability can really reduce a lot of damage if you save your dice changing abilities for it. I do think the Samurai is slightly better but it's usually close.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
what about Bounty Hunter skill +1 damage and +1CP is it 2 damage immediately because of the skill effect and +1CP or only during next attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Gunslinger is quite powerful. She's probably my favorite character to play. If you inflict bounty, you should also reload. That's up to 5 undefendable and you are inflicting bounty, which can net you a lot of CP and extra damage throughout the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Schutz
Netherlands
De Meern
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Baramon wrote:
We played our first game today and Samurai ran over Gunslinger like a freight train of honor, is she that weak or we been playing her in a wrong way?

Bounty Hunter talent says: Inflict Bounty. Then deal 1 undependable damage.
Is this damage immediately boosted with +1 damage and extra CP as Bounty status says or not?

yes, yiou immediatly get the benefits, also, don;t forget to use the reload tokens (especially on undefendable damage). It can boost it up.

I really like playing the gunslinger. I feel I can do pretty steady damage and negate a lot too with her defense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
it's just odd that it says 1 damage instead of 2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter Schutz
Netherlands
De Meern
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the ability does 1 damage. bounty adds one damage. But say you;re playing a Seraph that has cleanse tokens on the board. They could immediately remove the bounty, so you have no benefits of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris S
Germany
Abensberg
Bavaria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Might still be too soon for this statement but in season 2 it feels like the Gunslinger is at the bottom of the food chain. Maybe a bit higher that the Tactician but the rest feels stronger (some of them a lot).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Maynard
msg tools
mb
The Gunslinger is near the top dudes! Sometimes the dice just don't roll your way.

Reload is a beast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick May
United States
Pinellas Park
FL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SmartTrigger wrote:
Might still be too soon for this statement but in season 2 it feels like the Gunslinger is at the bottom of the food chain. Maybe a bit higher that the Tactician but the rest feels stronger (some of them a lot).

I've been a long time player of Dice Throne and I can tell you they do an AMAZING job of game balancing. If you think a hero is weak or OP, I would tell you that you either a) need more experience playing that hero and learning to optimize them or b) need more experience learning to counter the hero to hinder them as much as possible. Each hero is a strategy puzzle. Any one of them can be strong in the right person's hands.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Baramon
msg tools
next two games I took a gunslinger and dice the sht out of Samurai, such a brilliant game. I love designs like this wherein a small format you get a more game and fun than in some heavy 3h+ games. Nothing beats innovation in that field but Dice Throne is darn close.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angel Oviedo
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
We played our first match with those 2 same characters. I was gunslinger and my cousin was the samurai. It was such a close game! I inflicted bounty and had a couple of evasives. The evasive was what saved me! He was dealing 13 damage and lost my duel on the defensive roll. I used my 2 evasive and managed to land a 2 and blocked all damage. At the end, I won with 1 health point left. My cousin had a strike back, i think that's what it's called. Point been, if he would've landed a 4 or higher it would've been a draw cause he wouldve killed me with that too! I'm looking forward to play again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.