4 Posts

Pulp Detective» Forums » Rules

Subject: Time Marches On rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scipio Garling
msg tools
In this rule, the rulebook says:

"If you offset the current Storyline card, go ahead and close the gap to integrate it with the rest of the story."

What on earth does that mean?

"Offset"? "Gap"? I can't imagine what those mean in the context of the gameplay.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Udo Richter
United States
Oakley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is referring to the suggestion to place it away from the rest of the cards already placed, to help remember which card you are currently rolling for. I don’t find that necessary.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
todd sanders
United States
pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Top of page 8 mentions placing the current Storyline card slightly separate from the others, i.e. offsetting it so to speak.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Posa
United States
Lebanon
OH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scipiogarling wrote:
In this rule, the rulebook says:

"If you offset the current Storyline card, go ahead and close the gap to integrate it with the rest of the story."

What on earth does that mean?

"Offset"? "Gap"? I can't imagine what those mean in the context of the gameplay.

I, too, found this confusing initially. All they refer to is Todd's suggested way of setting up the game. You may ignore, if you don't play it that way - I find I don't need to, either.

Great game, though!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.