MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
I have 6 æmber a Hunting Witch in play and Chota Hazri in my hand. Can I Forge a key when I play CH? Do I gain the æmber from the HW before I have to use CH’s PLAY ability? Do I get to choose the order? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you get to choose, but even if you didn't the Hunting Witch is out prior to Chota Hazri, so I would think her ability should kick in first giving you the extra Aember for putting out Chota before his ability kicks in taking one away and giving you a key.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
Canada
St Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ explains how this works on p24 of the current rules, but in the context of Library Access and Wild Wormhole.

Gain bonus Æmber from card (doesn't apply to Chota Hazri)
Powers that trigger each time you play a type of card (Hunting Witch)
Play effect of the card (forge a key)
After enters play effects (e.g. 3x Autocannon kill Chota Hazri)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam R
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
Ronaldo wrote:
I have 6 æmber a Hunting Witch in play and Chota Hazri in my hand. Can I Forge a key when I play CH? Do I gain the æmber from the HW before I have to use CH’s PLAY ability? Do I get to choose the order? Thanks.

Yes you can. It’s a good combo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all. I think Michael makes a compelling case. Either way, I get to make a key. Nice. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matija
Croatia
Rijeka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
mlvanbie wrote:
The FAQ explains how this works on p24 of the current rules, but in the context of Library Access and Wild Wormhole.

Gain bonus Æmber from card (doesn't apply to Chota Hazri)
Powers that trigger each time you play a type of card (Hunting Witch)
Play effect of the card (forge a key)
After enters play effects (e.g. 3x Autocannon kill Chota Hazri)

To be precise, Play: abilities and "after play" (such as Autocannon) trigger at the same time so active player decides resolution of those. That's because Play: abilities are defined in the rulebook as triggering "after a card enters play" - same as the wording on Autocannon for example.

But anyway, yes, you can forge a key in your situation. Not because you can choose the order, but because abilities that trigger "each time a card is played" (such as Hunting Witch and Library Access) always resolve before Play: or any other "after a card enters play" abilities.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.