Subject: Some rule questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

first of all I think the rulebook for the base game as wells as the expansion is very good but I still have some questions.

I own the german version and I hope the wording for some ingame terms will be correct.

Here we go:

1. Mano del Muerto: If you kill gangsters you get at the end of the game money but he lets you get in addition to that some more money right away.
4 times the strength of the killed gangster.
What if the strength printed of the killed gangster is 3 but a job was put on him as well as a machine pistol which increases his strength to 5?
Do I get the printed strength aka 12.000$ or 20.000$?
I assume it's 20.000$

2. Lono Slifer: He lets repeat your enemy a dice roll twice a round.
There are also examples listed, it could be the same die twice or 2 different dice during the same roll.
EDIT for clarification: Just to be sure, I could also choose a single die roll twice of 2 different opponents/actions, correct?

3. Bonuses are cumulative, correct?
If I have Thelma Montgomery in play, my opponents need to roll 1 number higher if attacking my business men.
If I have Bob Nelson in play all attacks against me need to be 1 higher.
If I own both of them and somebody attacks one of my business men, the required die roll is increased by 2, correct?

4. Boggy Gloves lets me assign 2 jobs.
I may choose between doing a purchase or 2 jobs, correct?
I may not do a purchase and a job without splitting his dice(0 of them for the purchase).

5. Ryu Yamamoto: What if I choose to search the stack for a card and it isn't found.
May I choose to do another action or do I have to purchase the card from the market afterwards?
For example I know there are two copies of each building in this game and I know there is no in the stack but one of them in the market.
Could I search for the card in the stack which isn't shuffled afterwards to get some information of the order?
This could be done to know which cards would come next that are required for monopols without actually purchasing anything.

6. Yumiko Ishi: I have to pay half the price of any business card.
What if I use the influence card (EDIT: I meant the job card) with the same effect and for example a card which costs 14.000$ will be purchased?
The card would cost 3.500$.
Would I round it up to 4.000$?

7. This is about timing.
T-Dog lets me put anytime during my round(once) 5.000$ under my boss card which is safe for the rest of the game and doubled at the end of it.
Would this be a valid move?
My opponent attacks me and is going to steal(job card) some money from me.
After he rolls at least a success I may not interrupt the steal and use T-Dogs power, correct?
I'd say as long as the card activation of the theft card is going on it can't be interrupted except by reaction cards.

8. In addition to 7...
If I use Ivanka Putinoff and declare a player as target, may that player still play cards to save them? For example a machine pistoll?
I'd say no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitja Go
msg tools
I am not 100% sure, but try to answer them.

1. I think its the printed strength, except for that one gangster, which gets stronger every turn.

2. Yes you can. But at what point in a game one die is rolled by 2 opponents?

3. Yes cumulative.

4. Should be fine to do 1 purchase with no dices and do a normal jobs with the other ones. Another question i got about him is, if it is allowed to do a job with 2 dices and if you fail one of them, you can try with another one?

5. -

6. I think you mean job card? I do not think there is a influence card like this.

7. You can probably use T-day action only on your turn.

8. I'd say no, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The English rules are here:
https://www.quined.nl/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/GFH_rules_E...

1.I agree with Vitja Go.
2.yes
3.yes
4.only 2 jobs (split dice as you want)
5.you do only one action (OR is used in the wording - 1)standard action: to buy a business card from the market a little bit cheaper or 2)kind a Job card "Conections" action - look through the deck and buy 1 card cheaper)
6.I would say 4000$.
7.T-Dog's ability is valid only on your turn.
8.it's a tricky question - maybe you can play Snitch or Spy cards but no Machine Pistol cards (these cards may be played only in the planing phase).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Traviktox wrote:
2. Yes you can. But at what point in a game one die is rolled by 2 opponents?

6. I think you mean job card? I do not think there is a influence card like this.

Regarding 2, I edited the sentence to be more precise.
I meant a single die roll by 2 different actions/opponents.

Regarding 6, yes I meant the job card.

Thank you for your input @ both of you.

One more question: The gangster that lets you pay to improve his strength... In case of a tie, is his value increased by the paid money or just his base price considered?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vitja Go
msg tools
I would say his value is increased.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.