GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,211 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
276 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM » Werewolf

Subject: Auto-mod: 9er For New Players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Basic 9-Player Ruleset

Good Roles:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'wolf' or 'not wolf.' The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not wolf.' Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

Priest - Each night receives a vision of a target deceased player. The vision tells the priest that deceased player's exact role. The priest does not receive any vision on Night 0. Thereafter, the priest chooses one deceased player to view.

Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf.

3 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.


Evil Roles:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0.

Sorcerer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'seer' or 'not seer.' The sorcerer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not seer.' Thereafter, the sorcerer chooses which player to view. The sorcerer wins if the wolves win, but does not count as a werewolf for parity purposes (see below).


Victory Conditions:

Good - All good players win if all werewolves are eliminated, or if the last two players remaining are the hunter and one werewolf. The sorcerer does not have to be eliminated in order for Good to win.

Evil - All evil players win if the wolves achieve parity: if at any time the number of wolves remaining equals the number of non-wolves remaining (including the sorcerer), evil wins. Howver, if one wolf is left with the hunter, then good wins. The sorcerer counts as a 'non-wolf' for these purposes.


Lynch Rules:

Each day players vote for one player to be lynched. The player receiving the most votes is killed. If there is a tie between two or more players, the tied player with the longest held last vote is killed.

Lynch time is 8:00pm BGG time. Votes cast with this time-stamp are counted. Votes cast after this time are invalid. Votes made during the night phase are invalid.

All votes must conform to the Cassandra Vote Tally System rules. (Will be
posted once the game starts). If all living players vote night fall it will
speed up the dusk.

Neither the player's role or team is revealed upon lynch.


Night Orders:

Wolves, Seer, Sorcerer, and Priest must all submit their night orders by 9:00pm BGG time. They do this by using the Cassandra Game Order system in the Cassandra Chat System.

The wolves' night kill choice is revealed with the DAWN post. The players' role and team are not revealed.

If all living players (including those with out night actions) click on the
'Lock Game Actions' button it will speed up Dawn.


Do not post the content of your Mod Chat room to the game thread. You may summarize, but direct copying is not allowed. Consider that like showing your card to the group in a face-to-face game


Please limit posts made after you have been killed, since there is no
moderator on duty to police such things, it would be better to refrain


Notice:
The Automod system is in Beta Testing. There may be unexpected or strange errors or results or things may change from game to game, so make sure you always read the rules. Please direct any concerns, questions, or improvment suggestions to Melsana or Jmilum.


Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote
Lynch time: 8:00pm
Night Action Deadline: 9:00pm
Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.


This game will start when full.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List According to Cassandra:
dice101101
Freyja
graan_jonlo
jhgibson
khcst5
Luthien
simply4est
SybotCB
WereGhost

9 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/2123...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremy set this game up for a friend of ours I played live WW with this past weekend!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forest Cole
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You know I keep trying to get in a quick basic game, but everytime I sign up for one, it dies out. Whoops, sorry because

I just signed up on Cassandra.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
we won't let this one die.

anyone out there in the ether that would like to try online werewolf?

here's your chance. I'll even give everyone that plays a No-Prize

i don't plan on playing myself so that i am free to answer any and all questions
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Gibson
United States
Unspecified
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Just wanted to say hi! I will probably be asking a lot of questions at first- I hope that is okay!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dottie - I am female. Do people really think Dottie is a man's name?
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I am newish enough, right?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Gibson
United States
Unspecified
Tennessee
flag msg tools
for those of you who have played online, can someone maybe tell me some strategy hints for the different roles?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cassandra Project wrote:

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'wolf' or 'not wolf.' The seer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not wolf.' Thereafter, the seer chooses which player to view.

1. find wolves
2. clear goods
3. stay alive

Quote:
Priest - Each night receives a vision of a target deceased player. The vision tells the priest that deceased player's exact role. The priest does not receive any vision on Night 0. Thereafter, the priest chooses one deceased player to view.

since this is a no reveal game, only the priest knows the roles of those that are lynched/killed. he or she
needs to hold this info until the right time. they might be able to call out an evil, if that evil is falsely claiming a role that the priest knows has already died, or inform the village that they have lynched a wolf and then vote analysis could be used to root out the other wolf and such

Quote:
Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf.

stay alive until the end of the game

Quote:
3 Villagers - Ordinary villagers with no special powers.

hunt wolves


Quote:

2 Werewolves - The werewolves know each other's identity, and may private message/chat without restriction. Each night the wolves choose one target player to kill. There is no kill on Night 0.

kill the seer, don't kill the sorcerer, reach parity

Quote:
Sorcerer - Each night receives a vision of a target player as 'seer' or 'not seer.' The sorcerer receives a vision on Night 0 of one randomly chosen player that is 'not seer.' Thereafter, the sorcerer chooses which player to view. The sorcerer wins if the wolves win, but does not count as a werewolf for parity purposes (see below).

find the seer and get them lynched by revealing and calling the seer a wolf or counter a revealed seers claim

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhgibson wrote:
Just wanted to say hi! I will probably be asking a lot of questions at first- I hope that is okay!



Welcome! and Ask as many questions as you like!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhgibson wrote:
for those of you who have played online, can someone maybe tell me some strategy hints for the different roles?


I think jeremy summed up the roles pretty well for you

My favorite part of playing online is the the chat room the wolves get during the game! Let's you plan things better than when you play live WW.


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
WereGhost wrote:
I am newish enough, right?


Wow, if you and Wightwolf are ever wolves together, and win, no one is ever going to let you slide again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Avin Fernando
United States
Pittsburgh
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Freyja wrote:
My favorite part of playing online is the the chat room the wolves get during the game! Let's you plan things better than when you play live WW.




If some of the new players wanted, could Melsana or jmilum add a vet to the modchat for some of the new players to be able to chat and ask for advice? I would be willing to be a mentor.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Avin wrote:
If some of the new players wanted, could Melsana or jmilum add a vet to the modchat for some of the new players to be able to chat and ask for advice? I would be willing to be a mentor.


that's not currently possible as only players in the game can be added to chat rooms
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan
United States
Shaker Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Grant
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy da Mom
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We just need two more new players to get started next week!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Avin wrote:
If some of the new players wanted, could Melsana or jmilum add a vet to the modchat for some of the new players to be able to chat and ask for advice? I would be willing to be a mentor.


that's not currently possible as only players in the game can be added to chat rooms


actually I just checked and I can do this. it's not possible from the web interface, but I can do it via the database
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Gibson
United States
Unspecified
Tennessee
flag msg tools
So, how does the mechanics of the game actually work? Where do we post during the game, how will we know what our role is?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Werner Bär
Germany
Karlsruhe
Baden
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhgibson wrote:
So, how does the mechanics of the game actually work? Where do we post during the game, how will we know what our role is?

The game will be played in this thread. Voting is also in public and will be done here.

On the page where you signed up, you role will be visible (but only for you) after the game starts. Once the game is finished, all roles will be visible there for everbody.

On that game page, there will be a link "cassandra communication system" above the player roster after the game starts. Following that link, you will find a page with one or more chat rooms. If you're a wolf, you will be able to chat with your partner there. In addition, each player will have a chat with the moderator. This being an automod game, there is no human moderator; but i think jmilum and Melsana will have a look at them, so you can ask questions there you can't ask in public since they are related to your role.

That communication page will also have a tab where you can enter your night orders, if you have any. The result of views will be given in your moderator chat on that page.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
abby trzn
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
This is my first game here on BBG.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
we just need one more...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States

Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jhgibson wrote:
So, how does the mechanics of the game actually work? Where do we post during the game, how will we know what our role is?



If you have any questions as the game goes along we'll all be happy to check in on the game.

ninja Sometimes durring a game you see a post with these ninja's around it. Often times this is when someone not playing the game pops in to answer a question, or in a game a few weeks ago, to tell me to stop posting because I was already dead. ninja

My daughter just signed up so I'll be popping in the thread every so often.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ctrzn wrote:
My daughter just signed up so I'll be popping in the thread every so often.


how about getting the little seer in here as well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cindy
United States

Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
ctrzn wrote:
My daughter just signed up so I'll be popping in the thread every so often.


how about getting the little seer in here as well?


But then I'll have to share my computer... *she suddenly begins to itch everywhere*
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [12] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.