Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Setting up for tomorrow´s Hanging High mission in Frontier Town and have some questions:

1) The extra "Rooftop Bandits" that I need to place due to my party size being 3+, are they normal Bandits, or are they Corrupt Marshals, just like the default ones placed on the ground? The instructions feel unclear to me.

2) Regarding Corrupt Marshall activation. How exactly are turns handled after we start attacking?

The rules state that Corrupt Marshals don´t activate until the turn after they are Alerted.

Is the below correct? If not, what is the correct way to handle turn order and fight rounds after attacking? Thanks for any input!

1) Hero #1 moves into position
2) Hero #2 attacks one of the Marshals -- they are now Alerted
3) This ends the current turn and starts a new Fight Round -- players must roll for the timer of the mission (as stated in the mission rules for each end of turn)
4) Hero #1 has the Quickdraw ability which gives her Inititative 10 in the first round of a Fight -- she activates it and goes first in the fight
5) The fight resumes as any normal fight would -- in our case, the Corrupt Marshalls would go next, followed by Hero #2, 3, and 4.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
August W.
United States
Novi
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
trydling wrote:

1) The extra "Rooftop Bandits" that I need to place due to my party size being 3+, are they normal Bandits, or are they Corrupt Marshals, just like the default ones placed on the ground? The instructions feel unclear to me.
They are Corrupt Marshals. I base this off the Elite rule for Not Enough Models. I believe it was FFP intention to never have the same model have different stats (although this changed with Scafford's Gang and Hideous Mutations)

"If you are called on to place more Enemies of a particular
Enemy Type than you have models available (for instance, you
must place 4 Tentacles, but you only have 2 models as the rest
are already on the board), place all of the models that you do
have available, and ALL Enemies of that Type become Elite
for the duration of this Fight."

trydling wrote:

2) Regarding Corrupt Marshall activation. How exactly are turns handled after we start attacking?

The rules state that Corrupt Marshals don´t activate until the turn after they are Alerted.

Is the below correct? If not, what is the correct way to handle turn order and fight rounds after attacking? Thanks for any input!

3) This ends the current turn and starts a new Fight Round -- players must roll for the timer of the mission (as stated in the mission rules for each end of turn)
4) Hero #1 has the Quickdraw ability which gives her Inititative 10 in the first round of a Fight -- she activates it and goes first in the fight
5) The fight resumes as any normal fight would -- in our case, the Corrupt Marshalls would go next, followed by Hero #2, 3, and 4.

The turn does not end with Hero #2. finish the turn and the Marshals activate next turn.

3) Hero #3 activates
4) Hero #4 activates
5) Turn ends as normal -- players must roll for the timer of the mission (as stated in the mission rules for each end of turn)
6) starts a new Fight Round
7) Hero #1 has the Quickdraw but can't use it because it is the second round of this fight
5) All heroes and enemies activate in normal initiative order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot for the reply, and the clarification that we are in Fight Round #1 as soon as we start Attacking. We will make sure to start the Fight with Hero #1 in this case to make sure all Heroes get a free Attack in on the Marshals before they get to Activate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls