Heroscape Master Set: Rise of the Valkyrie» Forums » General

Subject: Different game modes? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just took out all my Heroscape stuff from the closet again.

I remember that I thought the regular game (go kill all of the opponents) figure dident make too interesting of a game.

I think this game would be a really good game if it was played on another game mode.

Like king of the hill, domination or something.

For example, have 4 players each with an army.
Have 5-6 hot spots on the map where you get points from holding each round, they can be a few squares big, so that the one with most occupide hexes have control. Or a single hex control zone.

Dead figures respawn after death.

Killing other figures gives points.

So either, play a specific ammount of rounds, and most points win. Or first to a specific point for a win.

The question is how much point should you get for killing other figures, and how much should you get for holding hot spots.

Maybe each figures would be worth its army points in killing points.
If that is the case, should a hot spot be worth 10, 20, 40, 50 or 100 points per turn? (or maybe more?)

Also is there any good maps for this type of game mode?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Rohlin
Sweden
BOLLNÄS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/137381/heroscape-all-offi...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David LeftOn4ya
United States
Florence
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting to that - yes that has all the maps and Scenarios (aka "game modes") that were made officially by Hasbro/WotC. Also see Battlefront Game Rules by Heroscapers's Heroes of Star Wars Scape, which has almost exactly what you are looking for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I ran an Easter Egg hunt one year on Easter weekend. The objective was to collect Easter eggs and bring them back to your base. All were worth different amounts of points, and some would give you other benefits. I had a respawning system whereby there was a track of spaces marked 3, 2, and 1. Dead units would go on space 3. When you activated an order marker, you could activate units on the board or units on the track (or a combination for squads). Units on the track would advance to the next space and when they advanced from 1 they would reappear in your starting area.

Another time I ran a "safari" game where players got points for killing each other as well as non-player monsters and animals that would act randomly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Byrd
United States
Box Elder
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I ran a game mode where you had to capture a fag in the middle and bring it back o your base. Units were given out randomly. 2 cards worth under 100, 1 card worth 100-150 and one card worth more than 150. All flying was disabled. Units re-spawned based on their point value. Under 100 cost units re-spawned 2 turns after death. 100-150 as 3 turns, and the 150+ was 4 turns. Game went till one player had 3 captures. I made a map that was designed for 4 people (though only 3 people played) and it went on for about 4 hours just for 1 person to get 3 captures. Also if the flag was dropped it went back to the middle. The middle was the highest point of course, and it was snowy. There was only one way in or out of the flag area and it was 1 elevation up. So it literally took 4 movement points just to move next to the flag.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.