Roger Rodriguez
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Seriously, I have a problem...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like Runebound Third edition is over 50% off at Amazon right now.

**EDIT** Price dropped a decent bit further, updated title. Surprised it's still in stock & actually dropping.

Geek: Runebound (Third Edition)

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0145GLJU4?pf_rd_p=c294505...

Camels: https://camelcamelcamel.com/Fantasy-Flight-Games-RB01-Runebo...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [AMAZON] Runebound 3rd Edition $28.22 (Prime)
Well there's a game I thought I was never going to buy.

Pete (stands corrected)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No deal in sight on any expansions .... it's a trap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
aesthetocyst wrote:
No deal in sight on any expansions .... it's a trap!
DAMN!

Pete (already has his foot in its jaws)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
An-Jen Tai
United States
Palmyra
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any point to getting this if you plan to get Gloomhaven shortly?

The man with too many games.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
anjentai wrote:

Yes, it's a completely different type of game than Gloomhaven. Gloomhaven is a brilliant puzzly card-driven campaign dungeon crawler that requires a 100 hour+ commitment to get the most out of, Runebound 3e is a streamlined and intuitive one-shot adventure game with clever and unique combat mechanics that plays in 2 hours and is great solo (especially with Unbreakable Bonds) as well as co-op and competitively. They scratch completely different itches, and I think they're both at the top of their respective genres (puzzly dungeon crawls and adventure games, respectively).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hs
United States
Spring/Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody know if the size of the minis are closer to Descent or 28mm Heroic Scale?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Maier
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad that I decided to not buy any games for a while. This year, it's one or more out for every one in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B G
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Ain't no thing like me, except me!
mbmbmbmbmb
$5 cheaper than when i bought it in October, and I’m still happy with the purchase. Great deal, good find!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SBelmont wrote:
Anybody know if the size of the minis are closer to Descent or 28mm Heroic Scale?

Thanks.

Slightly bigger than Descent scale, but slightly smaller than some 28mm Heroic scale lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Simpson
United States
Elkridge
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome deal!!

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick DeGeest
United States
Fort Pierce
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For anyone on the fence, this is a fun game if you're looking to scratch that medieval-fantasy-questing-hero itch. In each scenario, there's a big, bad villain threatening the realm while you and your companions race against time to power-up your heroes by completing quests, fighting monsters, upgrading gear, exploring locations, etc. This will eventually culminate in an epic showdown in which you save the realm or die trying. My group and I have really enjoyed it so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew De Lorge
United States
Spencer
MA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is this relatively easy to pick up and play after you've grasped the rules?

Games don't get a ton of repetition with me due to time restraints, so I tend to like games that you can quickly refresh yourself on rules and play easily.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hs
United States
Spring/Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the info.

SpoDaddy wrote:
SBelmont wrote:

Thanks.

Slightly bigger than Descent scale, but slightly smaller than some 28mm Heroic scale lines.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Rake
United States
Richardsville
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:

Games don't get a ton of repetition with me due to time restraints, so I tend to like games that you can quickly refresh yourself on rules and play easily.

I think this game is easy to jump back into once you have played it a couple of times. Most all of the mechanics have been streamlined and are really easy to recall once you know them. That's one of the things I like about the game. You can put it on the shelf for six months then pick everything back up pretty quickly when you play it again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hammel
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mattyd777 wrote:

Yep, I'd say so. This is a recurring favorite of ours, but we don't play it more than 2-3 times a year. The co-op expansion is pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JPotter - Bits77
United States
Tulsa
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I enjoy designing / manufacturing game components and upgrades. Got a project? PM!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pahn wrote:
Sad that I decided to not buy any games for a while. This year, it's one or more out for every one in.

Soooo .... get rid of a game

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also for sale @walmart with 1 copy left; so this deal may be almost finished.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a really fun game that I'm always surprised that I don't hear more about. Haven't played anything else that captures that adventuring vibe so well. It's like Talisman, but fun and less abstracted. The only iffy part is that combat is fairly involved. Each time it comes up there's basically a mini game that's almost like a brief game of Magic, one other person gets to control the monster, so not an issue with 2, not a big deal at 3, but with 4 people it makes for a long game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SBelmont wrote:
Great, thanks for the info.

SpoDaddy wrote:
SBelmont wrote:

Thanks.

Actually I would say it depends on which Descent figures you're talking about. The blister packs that had 4 heroes and 3 monsters had slightly bigger pieces, but the base 2nd edition figures were slightly smaller than Runebound. I am currently using some of my Runebound figures in my copy of Descent 2nd e.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe G

California
msg tools
I want this badly, but only for the sake of the solo expansion, and I don't want to drop $60 right now after the holiday mad crazy spending ><

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waywardson9 wrote:
I want this badly, but only for the sake of the solo expansion, and I don't want to drop $60 right now after the holiday mad crazy spending ><

You can play the base game solo - I owned it for a year before the solo expansion came out and only ever played it solo. The expansion makes the solo so much better of course, but it works fine solo without it as well.

I don't want to try to "push" you toward spending money you might not have, or be a "bad influence" in buying more board games - but you could always pick up the base game now for the 28 which is a very good price, and then later down the road pick up the expansion. Just a thought....whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe G

California
msg tools
PreacherMan05 wrote:
waywardson9 wrote:

You can play the base game solo - I owned it for a year before the solo expansion came out and only ever played it solo. The expansion makes the solo so much better of course, but it works fine solo without it as well.

I don't want to try to "push" you toward spending money you might not have, or be a "bad influence" in buying more board games - but you could always pick up the base game now for the 28 which is a very good price, and then later down the road pick up the expansion. Just a thought....whistle

That's what I'm fighting against now, damn we're such enablers.

And I just found some sunflower seed oil I want that's an add on item so I need to spend $25 to get it to ship.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dumas
United States
Warrensburg
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
waywardson9 wrote:
PreacherMan05 wrote:
waywardson9 wrote:

That's what I'm fighting against now, damn we're such enablers.

And I just found some sunflower seed oil I want that's an add on item so I need to spend $25 to get it to ship.....

Now see, you have to get the game so you can get the oil... I am just saying whistle enabling - enabling - enabling whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Yang
msg tools
SpoDaddy wrote:
anjentai wrote:

Yes, it's a completely different type of game than Gloomhaven. Gloomhaven is a brilliant puzzly card-driven campaign dungeon crawler that requires a 100 hour+ commitment to get the most out of, Runebound 3e is a streamlined and intuitive one-shot adventure game with clever and unique combat mechanics that plays in 2 hours and is great solo (especially with Unbreakable Bonds) as well as co-op and competitively. They scratch completely different itches, and I think they're both at the top of their respective genres (puzzly dungeon crawls and adventure games, respectively).

It seems to make much more sense for me comparing it with Mage Knight... Any thought on that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.