Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
"exchange your hibernating crew marker in the Recovery Room
with one of your colonist dice from the supply"
I assume the colonist die is then rolled and placed in my barracks, but it's not spelled out.
And what happens to my just-exchanged hibernating crew marker? Does it go back into my supply?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
The die goes into the Recovery Room and is retrieved during the Crew Retrieval phase of the round. It is rolled during phase 2 ("roll crew"). The hibernating marker goes to the side of the board, and is placed back on it if you go to the medical center again.

EDIT TO ADD: See page 14 -- "Medical Center Ship Location -- Suspended Animation."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fba827 fba827
United States
Potomac
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ftom what I understand ( based on the instructional video here)

You havethe recovery room.

Next to it you place the dice ( off it’s board) to build the supply

In it ( on the board) you place the hibernating token

When you place a die in the recovery room seat, you move the token in to the supply, and move one die from the supply to the recovery room bottom area.

Then at the end of the round when you’re collecting dice youcollect the dice from the bottom half of therecovery room.

So basically it’s to add colonists to your pool for subsequent rounds

( as opposed to robotics which is for gettinga robot for just that round beforeit gets put back in to supply)

Ifwgat I wrote isn’t clear try rodney’s Instructional video here. And scroll forwardto where he talks about the recovery room roughly three-qyareters in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randall Monk
United States
Leesburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks. Page 14 of the rules is not at all clear on this, hence my question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.