Subject: TTR Marklin and TTR Marklin Collectors Edition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Paul Inigo
China
Guangzhou
flag msg tools
mb
Whats the difference between the two please ? Thanks !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure there is one. Both my copies are labelled "Collector's Edition" so I cannot compare. But everything looks pretty much standard for the game given that it uses pictures of Märklin model trains throughout. Every single train card is unique, but I think that was true for all editions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven F.
Sweden
Västra Götaland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: TTR Märklin and TTR Märklin Collector's Edition
GregDarcy wrote:
I'm not sure there is one. Both my copies are labelled "Collector's Edition" so I cannot compare. But everything looks pretty much standard for the game given that it uses pictures of Märklin model trains throughout. Every single train card is unique, but I think that was true for all editions.

I agree with this. I have never heard of any differences, or, by the way, any different editions of TtR Märklin at all.

They might refer to the facts that
1) Ticket to Ride: Märklin is a somewhat more complicated game than original and Europe versions, thus maybe aimed for a smaller gaming community than them.
2) Märklin in itself is a well-known model railway manifacturer, so people more interested in trains and/or model railways than in games, are probably still interested in playing a game closely knit to Märklin. Or just buying it to get the train cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the Märklin version was issued to commemorate the company, so it was always considered a collector's edition. The only difference I know of is a CD for a computer game version of TtR that was included with the early printings and predates the current apps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Darcy
Australia
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Speaking of the early Vs Later printings, I believe they changed the map slightly to make it more obvious that you cannot continue a route through another country. I hadn't heard of the CD before. Sounds good.

The train cards are absolutely gorgeous BTW. And the game play is great. Problem is the way the game play was implemented sucked. Little cardboard chits that skitter all over the map. Yuck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.