Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Norbert Chan
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Wow, so this is what you get for 100 pieces of gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
After pizza from Little Ceasar's, we taught Ticket to Ride to Rob. Craig was trying out his new defensive strategey. As Don and I were building in the eastern part of the map, Craig tried to interfere as much as possible. He did cause me to detour once and put pressure on me, I'm sure he did likewise to Don, but as it turned out later, Craig exclaimed "There's no point to playing defence!". Don started with LA-Ny (21) Den-Pitt (11) [I think]. Later he made a draw from the pile, and kept quiet that he kept all three(!) tickets. The reason: he drew LA-Chi (16), Chi-Sf (9), NY Atl (6). I had Sf-Atl (17), Bos-Mia (12) and was even lucky to complete the routes in time, partly due to Craig's defence and pressure. Craig had Tor-Mia (10), SSMarie-Nsh (8). Rob had Cal-Salt Lake(7), Cal-Phx(13), Dul-Houston(8). This was Don's 6th win in about 8 or 9 games. I'm impressed!
Scores: Don 138 (75 track, 63=21+16+11+9+6 destination)
Craig 111 (83 track, 10 longest train, 18=10+8 destination)
Norbert 97 (68 track, 29-17+12 destination)
Rob 86 (58 track, 28=13+8+7 destination)

I left at 1:15 to meet up with Angela and told her about the Ticket to Ride game. She wanted to play a 2 player game, so we started. Angela drew Sea-LA (13), Van-NY (20), Sea-Mon (20). I drew LA-MIa (20), LA-Chi (16), Chi-NO(8). All my tickets were sort of linked, so I was rubbing my hands together thinking I had the game in hand when Angela built all the 6 track routes up top, I built all the 6 track routes along the bottom. Angela and I tied in longest trains, but Angela built more efficient routes. Score: Angela 142, Norbert 118. Doh!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.