Subject: Noob questions about captains and about the campaign expansion. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I’m a complete rookie when it comes to this game. I own only the core box and am looking to expand. Before I do, however, I’m hoping that someone can help me with a couple of questions.

1. Are there specific captains (or crew members) assigned to the ships in this game?

If so, how do I get them? Are they only in certain expansions.

2. Can I play the Corellian expansion campaign with only the core set? If not, what is the minimum that I need?

Thanks, as always!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Norris
United States
Blacksburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
If you manage to click exactly on my avatar's eye, you will win a special prize! Be careful though, as the penalty for missing it is severe.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I think I understand your questions, please tell me if I misunderstood!

1) Each ship expansion will bring you a new commander, and a variety of other upgrades. The upgrades will consist of a set list unique to each ship expansion (you can check the armada wiki page for a breakdown of each expansion and what’s included). Commanders, officers and upgrades aren’t ship specific (except for titles), they just give you more options/flexibility/combos/synergy. Now, the commanders are faction specific, sometimes the officers are too, but most all other upgrades can be used by both sides.

2) No. I would STRONGLY recommend getting the Corellian Campaign after you have a decent sized fleet. I think the minimum fleet size would be at least one of everything through wave 2 (which I recommend anyways, as it truly makes Armada a full game, but one of every ship should be an end goal). Not only does the Corellian conflict require enough ships for both sides to get to 500 point fleets, but it also includes upgrades squadrons for squadron pack 1 for both the rebels and the imperials. If you didn’t have those squadron packs, they would be useless.

One final recommendation: https://armada.ryankingston.com

This will help you build your fleets, and IMHO is essential. If you donate him like $1 or more, you will be able to save your fleets electronically, but if not, it is still free to use and you can print your list. Also, when you make an account, a new tab opens up that lets you set your inventory of all the upgrade cards and ships. This is essential to efficient and easy fleet building.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: I know squadron pack 1 for rebels and imperials are OOP right now, but I think you will see them reprinted with the SSD release soon. Any other ship that is OOP should be restocked within the year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alextnorris wrote:
So I think I understand your questions, please tell me if I misunderstood!

1) Each ship expansion will bring you a new commander, and a variety of other upgrades. The upgrades will consist of a set list unique to each ship expansion (you can check the armada wiki page for a breakdown of each expansion and what’s included). Commanders, officers and upgrades aren’t ship specific (except for titles), they just give you more options/flexibility/combos/synergy. Now, the commanders are faction specific, sometimes the officers are too, but most all other upgrades can be used by both sides.

2) No. I would STRONGLY recommend getting the Corellian Campaign after you have a decent sized fleet. I think the minimum fleet size would be at least one of everything through wave 2 (which I recommend anyways, as it truly makes Armada a full game, but one of every ship should be an end goal). Not only does the Corellian conflict require enough ships for both sides to get to 500 point fleets, but it also includes upgrades squadrons for squadron pack 1 for both the rebels and the imperials. If you didn’t have those squadron packs, they would be useless.

One final recommendation: https://armada.ryankingston.com

This will help you build your fleets, and IMHO is essential. If you donate him like $1 or more, you will be able to save your fleets electronically, but if not, it is still free to use and you can print your list. Also, when you make an account, a new tab opens up that lets you set your inventory of all the upgrade cards and ships. This is essential to efficient and easy fleet building.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Edit: I know squadron pack 1 for rebels and imperials are OOP right now, but I think you will see them reprinted with the SSD release soon. Any other ship that is OOP should be restocked within the year.

You understood perfectly! The answer was exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!! BGG has the most wonderful community!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.