Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: New at Axis & Allies - which game should I buy? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ale Ottenby
msg tools
I recently played A&A 1914 and got hooked. Now I want to buy my own game. Since I’m a beginner, which game do you recommend? I’ve done some research, and it seems like 1942 2nd edition is the place to start. Do you agree? If so, does it have to be the second edition; what differs from the first?

Thank you,

Ale
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I was going to choose one Axis and Allies game to buy it would be Axis & Allies: 1942. Mind you, it does not play quite the same way as 1914 plays, but it is the way to go if you are getting one Axis and Allies. Axis & Allies Anniversary Edition is a little more pricey and the size of the box is a bit unwieldy and takes up even more table space, but it is also good if you can spare the table space and store the box. If I had to purchase only one, it would be one of these two versions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
That's a fine start. Don't get the first edition it's completely different despite bgg refusing to split the entries.

Alternatively, people keep puttong the anniversary edition on sale. Maybe wait for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James C
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anniversary Edition, hands down.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.