Tommy Rydling
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

I have some questions on how to handle Items on the Mule Ally after Missions.

SCENARIO: When I end a Mission, I have some Items on my Basic per-Mission Mule. I travel to Town. What happens with those Items?

Which of the below (if any) is correct?

Thanks!

1) The Items are lost, since the Basic Mule was only hired for the Mission.
2) The Items are not lost. To access them in Town I must hire a Basic Mule first -- hiring an Advanced Mule would not give me access to the Items, since that is not the same Mule that carried my Items.
3) The Items are not lost. To access them in Town I must hire either a Basic or an Advanced Mule first.
4) The Items are not lost. I can access them in Town regardless of whether I hire a new Mule or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Taylor
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say (1) makes the whole point of hiring a Basic Mule pointless, since you'd never be able to keep anything it carries. It's a Mule, not a Bag of Devouring.

(2) or (3) or 3 seem reasonable solutions.

Or even (4), where you could keep the items (dumped on a floor in your Hotel in town) until you leave Town, unless you re-hire the Mule.

But honestly, go with what you like. It's a cooperative game, not a competitive one, and there's no such thing as the Rule Police.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. T.
Germany
Kassel
Hessen
flag msg tools
Need to play more Shadows of Brimstone!
badge
Really!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcus the Ready wrote:
there's no such thing as the Rule Police.

Don’t let Sheriff Jee hear that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jee Fu
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trikels wrote:
Marcus the Ready wrote:
there's no such thing as the Rule Police.

Don’t let Sheriff Jee hear that.
Too late.

TOOOO LAAATE.

I don't use Basic Allies, so I'm not actually the best source of data here but if its anything like hiring advanced Henchmen "per mission", then you possess the Mule right up until the point that the NEXT Adventure begins. You can pay to renew the mule at any point in between Adventures, but you don't lose access to it until the next Adventure begins. So, if you visit Town then it's available. If you wanna get technical, then if you haven't yet paid the per-mission cost then the last time you can trade with it is at the beginning of the day that you leave Town at the end of (at least, that's how it works with Advanced Allies - see the Offical FAQ). After that you're either forking over the cash to keep the Mule or losing everything on it.

For Advanced Allies, resurrecting them counts as their per-mission payment.

- Jee

P.S. Yes, I believe that rules matter in a Cooperative game. I don't know how you can have a game if you don't have rules. Rules that change at the whims of the players are not rules, much as love is not love that alters when it alteration finds. That being said, the ruleset for Allies is most unclear and it needs revision. The FAQ helps, kinda. But there are so very many loopholes. For instance: The Advanced mule. RAW, you can load it up with all your Dark Stone Shards and Dark Stone Items at the beginning of Travel and take it all back at the beginning of Town. Because Advanced Allies don't take part in - and are thus unaffected by - Travel Events, ALL your important stuff is completely protected from Travel events That would threaten them like "Harried by Hellbats". This is a good place for a House Rule, even tho I hates them precious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls