Popular Tags: [View All]
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I finally acquired a copy of the game through a trade a few weeks ago, and it is both complete and with a working motor. However, I have a slight problem with Louie that removes most of the enjoyment from the game: while Louie spins around when hit, he doesn't spin back to his original landing-gear-down position after, staying in skewed positions. While this is funny, it also means that he is harder to hit afterward and most importantly he misses the chickens when flying over them as only the gear is long enough to reach.

This leads to the game being way too easy as most of the time missing Louie will not cost you a chicken.

I've tried graphite as suggested on another tread, and it makes Louie spin a little more but doesn't solve the attitude problem. It seems that Louie is a little too loose on its axle and has space to sag, creating extra friction. Adding weight to Louie makes it hangs right-side down, but also prevent him from rising properly when hit.

Any suggestion, or anybody with an extra Louie lying around that he would be willing to depart from for a small compensation?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Hébert
United States
Topeka
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this is very late to reply... but if you still have the game, here's the best solution: silicon oil. This stuff is used by airsoft players (something like paintball, but it shoots small plastic BB's) to lubricate theirs guns, which are a combination of metal and plastic (and incredibly realistic looking).

Some silicon products contain petroleum ingredients, which eats away the plastic, so you do NOT want those. Best is to purchase from an Airsoft dealer, who will only sell the 100% pure stuff, like this one where I have bought before:

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Airsoft_Cleaning_Silicone_...

Search on the words "silicon oil" and "airsoft" and you'll find several pretty easily.

You will be amazed how Louie moves afterward. I put silicon oil everywhere in the game where plastic parts rubbed against one another, and it made the game impossibly fast and fun. Makes for less wear on the motor, too.

James

P.S. Don't spill silicon oil on the floor. I did once. Makes a very slippery spot for months and months!

P.P.S. You can also find silicon oil in lesser concentrations at some hobby stores, because remote control car racers use it too. I have read that a 10-20% weight solution silicon oil is even "lighter," and some prefer it. I've seen it online, but never tried it. It may give you another option to look for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jean-Luc Simard
Canada
Longueuil
Québec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answer, I'll definitely try this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.