Mikaela Hård
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
new user
badge
Hi!

I'm developing a board game right now and I need help finding cleaver boxing / packaging.

Do you know any cleaver boxes that makes you "aah that's so smart." please link examples.

My plan is this:
The tiles are placed in the box so that you use the box as a board. I want to be able to play the game in a park. In the expansion there will be more tiles so I would love if It would be possible to expand the box or attach the expansion box somehow. (maybe magnets)

Sorry for my bad explanation, It's difficult. Hoping that maybe somebody can understand what I mean.

Have a good day!
Best regards
Mikaela
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tuomas Uusitalo
Finland
Vantaa
flag msg tools
You aren't meant to be here.
badge
Go along now.
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make enough room for the expansion tiles in the core game box
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not certain on the subject but I think there are many shipping issues with magnets in your product. That might be something to take into consideration.

How about making the expansion with a slightly smaller box dimension than the base game box so you can fit the expansion bottom box inside the larger base box so it ends up like a double layer bottom box. Then you can separate the two and use them both when you want to play. I don't know for sure, just throwing out ideas.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
April W
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ICECOOL comes to mind. The box has other boxes that nest into it and you set them next to each other to form the play area.

It is attached with little fish pins which don't hold it together terribly well, so it requires a flat surface. To make it sturdier you could use small clips. Magnates would probably work fine as long as they were strong enough to hold it together well; several boxes in my collection have a flip top that is hold down by magnets and I've always liked that design. Not sure how it effects box cost though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Johann
msg tools
If you can't use the magnets, maybe you could make it so that the boxes don't have to be ATTACHED per se in order to use them both for the same game.

Like maybe there are markings on the box that indicate where they line up but the boxes can be physically apart still while playing, which would make it easier in an outside setting where maybe there's not an exact space that lets the boxes sit right beside each other.

Of course at this point it would still be two boxes you're carrying to the park, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcius Fabiani
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
"The game is afoot."
badge
"The game is afoot."
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleopatra and the Society of Architects
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tuppari wrote:
Just make enough room for the expansion tiles in the core game box

But at the same time do not leave so much space that people will be buying mostly air. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Smith
United States
ARLINGTON
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks for the hover!
badge
Reach out and touch someone!
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out Dice Forge and Who Goes There? both have very good packaging, and utilize elements of the box/packing in the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Horm
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MikaelaHard wrote:
Hi!
Do you know any cleaver boxes that makes you "aah that's so smart." please link examples.

Burgle Bros. game box doubles as a building.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.