Claudio Ciardelli
France
flag msg tools
Special PreGT1 turn rule.

"During this pre-game turn he may conduct a a Movement, Offensive Bombardment, and Combat Resolution Phase; however, he may only do so
with units that can attack either a Special Forces Camp (Duc Co or Plei Me) or an ARVN unit. All other units remain in their starting locations."

Does this mean that PAVN can move any unit that is within range of a potential arvn attack, EVEN if he does not initiate an attack? Or can I only move units that WILL attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mitchell Land
United States
Ballwin
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ClaudioC wrote:
Special PreGT1 turn rule.

"During this pre-game turn he may conduct a a Movement, Offensive Bombardment, and Combat Resolution Phase; however, he may only do so
with units that can attack either a Special Forces Camp (Duc Co or Plei Me) or an ARVN unit. All other units remain in their starting locations."

Does this mean that PAVN can move any unit that is within range of a potential arvn attack, EVEN if he does not initiate an attack? Or can I only move units that WILL attack.

The intent is that you can move to attack either a SF Camp or ARVN units.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claudio Ciardelli
France
flag msg tools
So being in range to potentially attack but not attacking is not allowed. For instance I have a hidden unit that is within 6 MPs of the Pleikku supply unit and I want to move it to hex 4303 to preempt mechanized movement along the northern roads instead of attacking. That is not allowed.

I understand that is not ok.

Sorry,
Just seeing if I could interpret the SSR literally...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.