Max Caine
msg tools
In FoFo, three of the Heroes have a different resource mechanic (the Ninja having none). The Samurai builds resource points by either causing damage or taking damage and spends those points to play a Battle Tactic or boost his damage. The Travelling Monk gets 1 resource point a turn and can put as many points as he likes into causing +damage (on a 2 for 1 basis) or +healing (on a 1 for 1 basis). The Sorceress gets a fixed number of resource points each turn and has to assign those resources to the spells she wants to cast that turn. Which of those do you like the best?

Me, I'm partial to the Monk. I like the reliability and flexibility of Ki. More than once I've delivered the smackdown to an Oni or Tengu who needed it by dumping 8 points of Ki (yeah, I go for that ability every time) through my staff. The Samurai is very bursty. Sometime you're on a roll, scooping up Fury like it was going out of fashion, and other times you're getting nuthin'. The Sorceress I find needs to focus her Magik on just one spell to make sure it's cast. What do you think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Zero Residual Presence
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm out of curiosity, how have you managed to deliver that smackdown? I didn't realize Forbidden Fortress had been sent out yet; I certainly haven't received my copy. Are you just playing a demo version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane White
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Fenrikoth wrote:
Hmm out of curiosity, how have you managed to deliver that smackdown? I didn't realize Forbidden Fortress had been sent out yet; I certainly haven't received my copy. Are you just playing a demo version?

It’s available at retailers. Only Kickstarter backers are waiting for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Zero Residual Presence
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Figures.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake G.
Netherlands
flag msg tools
Don't feel too bad Jason, at least you will be getting everything at a fraction of the price that us retail folk will have to pay! And we will have to wait a loooong time before it's all available.

I would kill to be able to get all the content at the Kickstarter price, even if I had to wait longer than expected for it!

I know it can feel pretty crappy though when backers are waiting longer than retail, I've had it happen to me a few times too. Take comfort from those sweet savings and exclusive access you have
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam L
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greenja wrote:
Don't feel too bad Jason, at least you will be getting everything at a fraction of the price that us retail folk will have to pay! And we will have to wait a loooong time before it's all available.

I would kill to be able to get all the content at the Kickstarter price, even if I had to wait longer than expected for it!

I know it can feel pretty crappy though when backers are waiting longer than retail, I've had it happen to me a few times too. Take comfort from those sweet savings and exclusive access you have

This, I wish I went in on at least the 100 pledge. That Jorogumo and Sho-Riu are sweet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Smith
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
Zero Residual Presence
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah; no worries! Plenty of other things to keep me occupied. :-) I also decided to catch up on reading some of the updates, since I clearly missed a few. ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.