Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Mythic Battles: Pantheon» Forums » General

Subject: New 1.5 Dashboards: What Are Your Thoughts? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo Sanchez
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I haven't had a chance to thoroughly check them out yet, but I wanted to ask of those that had, what do you think?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Lastname
Germany
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I try hard not to think of them until Monday, when they will post a new version of the mistake-ridden list they sent around earlier. Yes, seriously, it was a comment of theirs to the KS update.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boxshall
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Againsto wrote:
I try hard not to think of them until Monday, when they will post a new version of the mistake-ridden list they sent around earlier. Yes, seriously, it was a comment of theirs to the KS update.


Yeah, that was quite a stuff up by Monolith. They'll have it fixed by Monday though.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
So far these followin expansions have been updated:

ÖDIPUS & SPHINX - to me has become stronger, just cuz od that second powa. Same with Ödipus. A 4th card means more double-activations.

ECHIDNAS CHILDREN - Basilisk has gained +1 attack. A mini-manticore.

RISE OF THE TITANS - Kronos got a lil worse, but not by much. Still a top-choice. Enceladus got better. Gaia gains 3 move ! Sick. I dont find a change was needed. Typhon no change i guess.

POSEIDON - Periphetes becomes a 2-pointer now, which can be huge. His powas are amazing afterall, but had to compete with more mobile units.
Andromeda becomes a 1-pointer now with +1 vitality, +1 toughness, +1 move, +1 range, 1 AoW, Block, close protection & a 4th activation-card. This sounds overpowered af but her sacrifice-powa has been worsened tremendously: Now if she is declared the target of on attack, she can not cancel it, but still does so, if others are attacked in her area. That makes extremely fragile d i need to test this.
Polyphemus now costs 5 rp, which was not needed imo -.-. Charybdis loses 2 vitality & Theseus becomes a 3-pointer now, which was exactly what he needed. Only strange that the worst unit hasn't been touched: Anthaeus. Remains unplayable & unrecruited.

HERA - Veteran Herkules loses 1 defense, Force of Nature (whick makes no sense) & his area-attack is resolved with -1 die. Still a huge danger, but nerfed 2 much imo.
Gerion goes up to 5 rp, loses 1 attack, but his powa to attack 3 different units now costs 1 AoW, which is big !
Ladon also goes up to 5 rp, loses 1 vitality, but his powa attack all enemies in range now costs 1 AoW & is resolved with 6 dice. Both Gerion & Ladon imo were 2 strong @ 4 rp & the reason why many other units were not picked anymore. A good change to me.
Chiron goes up to 4 rp & has his second powa changed. Now he can draw 3 cards. Picks one & shuffles the others back into library. Welcomed, since for 3 rp, too versatile.
Lastly Hera: She gains mobility & a second powa: Mother of legends, which allows her to recruit two 5 point-units. Not bad & after many units become 5-pointers, offers more conbinations. She got slightly stronger. Imo was not needed.
Perseus unfortunately wont get his terrible, terrible Initiative-talent replaced by Leader. Imo he should @ leadt gain +1 vitality.

HEPHESTUS - Talos goes up to 5 rp, loses 1 attack & most importantly: His scorching metal-powa now only works against range 0 attacks. Imo too much nerf !
Acamas loses 1 vitality, 1 range, Force of Nature & AoW. Hmm probably still a good damage-dealer, but too much nerv imo !
Prometheus loses 1 AoW, loses Force of Nature & goes up to 5 rp. Too much nerv.
Pandora goes down to 1 rp & gains 1 AoW. I doubt that makes her playable . . . just a terrible unit imo.
The strongest 2-pointer in the game: The caucassian eagle has not been touched . . . wtf ! He should @ least get his move to 2 reduced !

Next objects to change are hopefuly the base-set & Pandoras Box.
I'll give my overall opinion when every expansions have been processed. But so far i think i like it. Especially the addition of new powas
2 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem Verheij
msg tools
mbmb
Pandora was already a good unit actually, now just even better. She just relies on being in an army that has other units that help put more cards in your hand.
And having a guard to protect her.
She killed Ares almost single handedly in one of my games, with two 10 dice attacks.
Ares tried to kill her but first had to kill the guards and while she was wounded, she was not finished off before her turn.


Agreed that Prometheus and Acamas are nerfed too much. They should just have been moved up to 5 points without a nerf.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Ritzen
Netherlands
Stein
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all, Monolith put the update on the new dashboards on their forum due to troubles with kickstarter, see: https://the-overlord.net/index.php?/topic/591-mythic-battles...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume that regular Heracles will get nerfed as well since he is now more powerful than Veteran Heracles. I am sad to see Force of Nature go. He's supposed to be the strongest human/god. Now he can't even throw a tree.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Klein
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanx bruh. But they can't be serious with Theseus. I thought he was gonna becone a 3 pointer. Now 4 points & worse in both powas ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D Conklin
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
More of the same old stuff....

typos
French vs English discrepancies
obvious lack of play testing (despite claims otherwise)
can't post to their own KS (?!?)

Not inspiring confidence. cry
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Praetor Kamahl
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Regarding Theseus, I haven't played, but the ability to become an 8/9 defender that strikes first seems pretty scary, but the 0 range also makes that window of opportunity narrow (good counter to 0-range monsters that can be problematic, perhaps).

Also 2 art of war cards, they seem a lot harder to acquire now if the other heroes are anything to go by.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sikachev
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EasyLover wrote:
So far these followin expansions have been updated:

ÖDIPUS & SPHINX - to me has become stronger, just cuz od that second powa. Same with Ödipus. A 4th card means more double-activations.

ECHIDNAS CHILDREN - Basilisk has gained +1 attack. A mini-manticore.

RISE OF THE TITANS - Kronos got a lil worse, but not by much. Still a top-choice. Enceladus got better. Gaia gains 3 move ! Sick. I dont find a change was needed. Typhon no change i guess.



Where did you see those ones changed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clanggedin Silverbeard
United States
SALEM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aekold wrote:
EasyLover wrote:
So far these followin expansions have been updated:

ÖDIPUS & SPHINX - to me has become stronger, just cuz od that second powa. Same with Ödipus. A 4th card means more double-activations.

ECHIDNAS CHILDREN - Basilisk has gained +1 attack. A mini-manticore.

RISE OF THE TITANS - Kronos got a lil worse, but not by much. Still a top-choice. Enceladus got better. Gaia gains 3 move ! Sick. I dont find a change was needed. Typhon no change i guess.



Where did you see those ones changed?


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G M
United States
flag msg tools
mb
Clanggedin wrote:
Aekold wrote:
EasyLover wrote:
So far these followin expansions have been updated:

ÖDIPUS & SPHINX - to me has become stronger, just cuz od that second powa. Same with Ödipus. A 4th card means more double-activations.

ECHIDNAS CHILDREN - Basilisk has gained +1 attack. A mini-manticore.

RISE OF THE TITANS - Kronos got a lil worse, but not by much. Still a top-choice. Enceladus got better. Gaia gains 3 move ! Sick. I dont find a change was needed. Typhon no change i guess.



Where did you see those ones changed?


https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/806316071/mythic-battle...


Again, that update on kickstarter was incorrect and they had trouble posting the corrections on kickstarter. They instead posted them here:
https://the-overlord.net/index.php?/topic/591-mythic-battles... so ignore the kickstarter update for now, and check the overlord.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Sikachev
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gmik wrote:


Again, that update on kickstarter was incorrect and they had trouble posting the corrections on kickstarter. They instead posted them here:
https://the-overlord.net/index.php?/topic/591-mythic-battles... so ignore the kickstarter update for now, and check the overlord.

You're confusing 2 updates. Those were previously corrected dashboards which were shown back before Christams.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G M
United States
flag msg tools
mb
right sorry...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.