Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Butler
United States
Bonaire
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone else gotten the impression that Blue/Mystery is easily the strongest genre, due to the "uncover adjacent wild" power? It lets you intentionally bury your valuable but hard-to-use genre cards as wilds and still get full benefits, which seems to outclass any other power by a pretty sizeable margin.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Champaign
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I only have a handful of plays under my belt. Uncover an adjacent wild is powerful but I haven’t seen that it guarantees a win. In a game where one player was using that ability as often as possible, I beat that player by 15 points with a yellow heavy strategy.

In how many plays have you seen a blue heavy strategy win?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyinsar -
Canada
Grande Prairie
Alberta
flag msg tools
Playing games
badge
Kilroy was here
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen others argue that "horror" was too strong because of the Ink Remover. I think all genres have decent powers in the right conditions and if used in the right way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Gracia
United States
Chapel Hill
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've played the iOS app like 100+ times and I think all the genres are pretty powerful in their own way.

Regardless of the genre, a word still has to be spelled correctly and some of the best cards of any genre are difficult to spell with (J's, X's, Q's, Z's), cost a lot, and require a 2nd card of the same genre to trigger.

For me, I think I win the most with the Adventure genre combined with a little red or blue. I also play with hardcore mode, which means even if someone finds that perfect combo word, it can only ever be used once.

There's also so many cool combos when mixing different genres. I don't think blue is the instant win genre.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.