Hide
7 Posts

Maximum Apocalypse: Gothic Horrors» Forums » Crowdfunding

Subject: Standees? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thursday42
msg tools
Did anyone receive plastic standees in this expansion? The manual indicates they should be included, but there weren't any in mine.

To be clear, I received the cardboard bits, just not the plastic part to actually stand them up.

Or maybe that's what the manual meant when it refers to standees?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boxshall
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They should be in the box. You might want to email them about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Corbally
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't check my box very well, so I'll need to go back to make sure I had some...

EDIT - no standee stands in the expansion for me. Maybe since it's an expansion it's assumed you'll use those in the main box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Boxshall
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
russonc wrote:
Maybe since it's an expansion it's assumed you'll use those in the main box.

You might be right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norm Deets II
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
russonc wrote:
Maybe since it's an expansion it's assumed you'll use those in the main box.

I'm almost certain that is correct. Since GH is an expansion, albeit a big one (especially KS edition), I believe you are meant to use the original 6 that came with the core game. This would be similar to Kaiju Rising and Jurassic Perils, both of which came with new characters and their associated cardboard standee, but no base. I think the only reason it feels odd is because GH came in a full size box, so it somehow feels more like a full game (although you still need, at minimum, scavenge decks and tiles from the core in order to play).

BTW - my wife and son have enjoyed the expansion so much we have already completed the 4 classic monster scenarios. We felt the 1st and 4th were the hardest, probably because they required scavenging. We only won #4 by 2 party members sacrificing themselves to kill off the last 2 bosses while the 3rd boogied back to the already refueled van for the win - with 4 health points remaining! ;-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vincent Bertrand
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't have any standees either, and in the booklet it says it should come with three...
It's either a mistake in the booklet and it should not have any, or there is a batch with missing standees...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terence Lee
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I think the standees refer to the little rectangular characters not the plastic piece. I also didn't get any extra plastic bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.