Hide
14 Posts

1775: Rebellion» Forums » General

Subject: Solo play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Karl Henze
msg tools
How is solo play?Just wondering because I read/heard so many good reviews for multiple players,thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
khenze wrote:
How is solo play?Just wondering because I read/heard so many good reviews for multiple players,thank you

There isn’t a way to play the physical game solo, but there is an iPad / Steam app with computer opponent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Henze
msg tools
Don’t mean to ask the same question,but what about playing both sides ,with the variable turn order.,and is it any fun??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric deRuiter
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
khenze wrote:
Don’t mean to ask the same question,but what about playing both sides ,with the variable turn order.,and is it any fun??

It wouldn’t work. You would need some sort of AI for the other side (like COIN or Conflict of Heroes) to determine what they do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Royce
United States
St Cloud
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Completely disagree that solo play is "impossible". As a solo player, you just move from one side of the board to the other and play each side to the best of your ability according to the cards. Sure, you have to put out of your mind which cards the other side has, but to say it is impossible to play solo is just plain wrong. Of course your opponent is a pretty smart player, so be on your toes!
That said, the game is best with 2 players. One good thing about the game is that it takes only 10 minutes to learn and even less to set up; and doesn't take long to play either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A big part of this game is not knowing when the game might end, since it requires a player to play both of his truce cards. If you know the other player's hand, you lose that tension.

I agree with Eric. This is not a solo game. If you want to play it alone, buy the app, which is really good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
khenze wrote:

I love this game solo! In fact, I've had more plays solo than face-to-face. I guess I'm a nerd hahah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Christensen
Denmark
Solroed Strand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CactusJuice wrote:
khenze wrote:

I love this game solo! In fact, I've had more plays solo than face-to-face. I guess I'm a nerd hahah.

Because you win a lot?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Daffin
United Kingdom
Ledbury
Herefordshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cheng wrote:
A big part of this game is not knowing when the game might end, since it requires a player to play both of his truce cards. If you know the other player's hand, you lose that tension.

I agree with Eric. This is not a solo game. If you want to play it alone, buy the app, which is really good.

Sorry guys. People have been playing wargames solo for probably as long as wargames have been around. So the answer is yes, it can be played solo.

In fact, the varying turn order also helps. As regards the truce cards, you can house rule that a side can't play its truce card until the last part of the game - and make it a roll of the dice to determine whether it is played or not - so you won't know exactly when the game will end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
I play it solo many times. I don't look at the drawn cards until it's that faction's turn. Random play order is very helpful.
By the way, I win every game.

Owll
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kruse
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Haha but you also lose every game.

I also find this game is good for solo when opponents are lacking. It’s fun with the app, but also fun playing both sides which I often prefer as I like the feel of actually touching the pieces. This game has very little hidden information unlike say Star Wars Rebellion which is very difficult to solo and play both sides given that the whole point is to find the rebel base which is supppsed to be hidden.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Earl
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
harvest4 wrote:
This game has very little hidden information.

The cards? Your overall strategic plan?

I guess that's why I never understood "soloing" a wargame that's not designed for it. One of the best parts of a wargame (for me) is to outwit or surprise my opponent, which I can't really do to myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
One of the best parts of a wargame (for me) is to outwit or surprise my opponent, which I can't really do to myself.

Wait til you’re older...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Philippe Goyer
Canada
Verdun Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Looking for a Publisher for a Grand Strategic all fronts WW2 card game
mbmbmbmbmb
kduke wrote:
Quote:
One of the best parts of a wargame (for me) is to outwit or surprise my opponent, which I can't really do to myself.

Wait til you’re older...

hahha...so true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.