5 Posts

Gaia Project» Forums » General

Subject: Gaia Project Foamcore Insert/Organizer rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian
msg tools
Full album here: https://imgur.com/a/Gl4Iwlz

Rulebooks, Research Board, and Scoring Board.

Faction Boards and holder for Record Tokens, Action Tokens, QICs, and Power Tokens. The white foam was repurposed from the protective packaging Gloomhaven arrived in, needed to fill in empty space to store the box vertically.

Close-up of the token holder.

Tech Tiles, Lost Planet Token, Gaia Planet Tokens, and Federation Tokens.

Close-up of the tiles. By far the biggest pain in the butt. I was too lazy to erase the pencil marks I used to measure.

Top: player token holders.
Bottom left: cards, Round Boosters, Final Scoring Tiles, and Round Scoring Tiles.
Bottom right: Space Sector Tiles.

Close-up of the player token holders. The larger section holds Structures, Credit / Ore / Knowledge Markers, Gaiaformers, Player Tokens, and any faction-specific pieces (e.g. the Brainstone). Basically anything needed for initial setup. Smaller section holds Satellites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Very impressive build! A couple questions:

How did you do the curved token holder bottoms?

What's the thinner material on the sides of the player token holders?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
msg tools
MentatYP wrote:
How did you do the curved token holder bottoms?

I used 65 lb. cardstock paper and cut out a strip with: length = floor length + (2 * wall height) - 10mm
Then I applied some glue to the middle of the strip and the edges, laid it over the "opening", and gently pushed the middle in until I could push the edges in to be flush with the walls. Dry run first, of course.

MentatYP wrote:
What's the thinner material on the sides of the player token holders?

Chipboard. It's about 1.5mm thick and quite sturdy. Can't remember where I learned about this material, but it's been an amazing space saver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elvis Lucas
Brazil
flag msg tools
Really an amazing job!
I enjoyed the organization, so clean, so nice.
Great work, congrats!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wow, this is such a cleverly designed insert!
Do you happen to have the measurements? If true, would you mind sharing them? That would surely help me copy it. Thanks a lot!

Benjamin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.