Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


Not sure if this is racism or crazy transient or both.

Glad he was arrested but it took some time *and* hard video evidence.

The guy assaulted her and then lied to the manager. The video saved her job.

But TYT points out (I think correctly) that there is no way a black male could assault a white female and then be allowed to stay at the restaurant without the police arriving and arresting him.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
She got a couple of good punches in, good for her.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Zappa
United States
Aliquippa
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wifwendell wrote:
She got a couple of good punches in, good for her.


She should have thrown some of their coffee in his face - that stuff is deadly hot! (I'm actually sitting in a McDonald's right now drinking a large coffee)!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this the other day.

1) The guy sounds drunk. I'm not excusing him in any way. Just pointing out it's not just some dude spouting off out of no where. Asshole gets lubricated and lets random McDonald's employees know his real self.

2) The way the most of the rest of the employees basically ignore the situation is disturbing as hell. Especially the manager whom you see moving around behind her, still preparing an order. I assume corporate has had a long talk with that guy.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing good ever happens in McDonalds... as if its midnight from start to finish.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Dienz
United States
Shelburne
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WetRock wrote:

2) The way the most of the rest of the employees basically ignore the situation is disturbing as hell. Especially the manager whom you see moving around behind her, still preparing an order. I assume corporate has had a long talk with that guy.


That is the part I do not understand. Why do they even needed the video to have that guy arrested and "exonerate" the employee? There is plenty of other staff around her. The police should have been there ASAP and taken him in custody.
11 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elias Någonsson
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
odie73 wrote:
WetRock wrote:

2) The way the most of the rest of the employees basically ignore the situation is disturbing as hell. Especially the manager whom you see moving around behind her, still preparing an order. I assume corporate has had a long talk with that guy.


That is the part I do not understand. Why do they even needed the video to have that guy arrested and "exonerate" the employee? There is plenty of other staff around her. The police should have been there ASAP and taken him in custody.


Speculation: Before the video went viral, managers and corporate want to keep it quiet. I've worked a bit in restaurants etc and have seen coworkers been victimized in various ways many times and none of them have management supported and encouraged the victim.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
WetRock wrote:
I saw this the other day.

1) The guy sounds drunk. I'm not excusing him in any way. Just pointing out it's not just some dude spouting off out of no where. Asshole gets lubricated and lets random McDonald's employees know his real self.

2) The way the most of the rest of the employees basically ignore the situation is disturbing as hell. Especially the manager whom you see moving around behind her, still preparing an order. I assume corporate has had a long talk with that guy.


I don’t know anything about McDonalds US’s corporate culture, but most corporations would only do anything because it’s news now. The pressure is usually to keep working and avoid publicity.

Which is why I work for myself, even though I work for big corporations and the government.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cris Whetstone
United States
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
WetRock wrote:
I saw this the other day.

1) The guy sounds drunk. I'm not excusing him in any way. Just pointing out it's not just some dude spouting off out of no where. Asshole gets lubricated and lets random McDonald's employees know his real self.

2) The way the most of the rest of the employees basically ignore the situation is disturbing as hell. Especially the manager whom you see moving around behind her, still preparing an order. I assume corporate has had a long talk with that guy.


I don’t know anything about McDonalds US’s corporate culture, but most corporations would only do anything because it’s news now. The pressure is usually to keep working and avoid publicity.

Which is why I work for myself, even though I work for big corporations and the government.


On a corporate level I get that. I don't agree with it but I get it. I don't understand how the fellow employees just ignore it though. That manager looks like he's 16. He's hardly some MBA bucking for a corner office.

It's in the restaurant. Not an office. Restaurant work is typically a very social environment. It's not usually a place of keeping quiet and towing the line.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.