Subject: Britannia-style game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, why is this forum empty?
The Kickstarter started yesterday and I have to say, this looks very promising. I rarely do Kickstarters, but here I couldn't resist.

-Britannia style gameplay
-Short scenarios with 1h-3h gameplay and a long game, 6h+
-Proper counters which help gameplay instead of tons of useless miniatures, which obscure gameplay and inflate the price
-Rules are ok for a alpha version, which the rules currently are ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qY4cENkSzecI-eYCtdJzzd_WCh7... )

Anyone else interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey H
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have enjoyed Philippe's other 2 games (EU and LGG), so this was an easy decision to buy for me.

I was also curious on how it varied from the Britannia series. Seems to have some similarities, but there is a lot more that you can do with your countries.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael connor
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Anyone care to speculate as to when this will be available?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey H
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
xmfcnrx wrote:

Anyone care to speculate as to when this will be available?

The Kickstarter says March 2019. Not much contingency in that schedule!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can imagine May or June. End of March seems very optimistic to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael connor
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Upon reading the rules, the game came across to me as being similar to the old Barbarian, Kingdom & Empire
..which was an excellent game with the maturation of political entities from barbarism to imperial fall. An updated version though with cards and modern design elements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AF Davis
msg tools
I'm sorry I missed the early-bird pledges on KS offering free postage I played the old Great Invasions on the PC years ago, but live players around a board game covering the same era is much more appealing to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer S.
Germany
Dortmund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, not only free postage, but 10 EUR less price on top, so 20 EUR in total for a pledge from Germany.

Sorry, but obviously I have to wait for retail. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Yang
msg tools
I saw some release of quota popping up from time to time. It might be worth checking it out occasionally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ckhyde wrote:
I saw some release of quota popping up from time to time. It might be worth checking it out occasionally.

Like right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe THIBAUT
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
xmfcnrx wrote:

Upon reading the rules, the game came across to me as being similar to the old Barbarian, Kingdom & Empire
..which was an excellent game with the maturation of political entities from barbarism to imperial fall. An updated version though with cards and modern design elements.

Yes, it did inspire me cool I played it a lot many years ago...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philippe THIBAUT
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
I can imagine May or June. End of March seems very optimistic to me.

Yes, a lot will depend also if we reach enough backers from Spain and Germany. Ideally we would love to have only 1 production stretch, and so making the different languages and expansions all in a row.

This plus the added stuff not initially planned (like have a mounted map for all) will slightly increase production time.

But it is more than likely that we produce in France, so we save on overseas travel time a lot, plus gain huge flexibility and Qualtiy Control (easier to supervise production)

cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael connor
United States
Berkeley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering Philippe if this system will be extended back to the Classical Period. Say- The Hellenes: Vol.I-500BC-200BC followed by The Rise of Rome: Vol.II 200BC-100AD. I realize economic, commerce, political, demographic and cultural components will be required for something as comprehensive as that, but I can't think of any other game designer but you who could pull this off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Petersen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the €10 discount is to mitigate the shipping cost.
Anyways, March 2019 is totally unrealistic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave de Vil
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
xmfcnrx wrote:
I'm wondering Philippe if this system will be extended back to the Classical Period. Say- The Hellenes: Vol.I-500BC-200BC followed by The Rise of Rome: Vol.II 200BC-100AD. I realize economic, commerce, political, demographic and cultural components will be required for something as comprehensive as that, but I can't think of any other game designer but you who could pull this off.

Or back to the third century civil war. This would require Roman units in the 3 other colours (or maybe 5).
Similar scenarios to Conquest of the Empire - last candidate standing wins - but with more depth.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Reisinger
msg tools
mbmb
Looks interesting but will wait for reviews.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.