Scythe: The Rise of Fenris» Forums » General

Subject: *Spoilers* Encouragement needed (runaway leader?) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kurt
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmb
Might contain spoilers up to and incl. scenario 5.

Spoiler (click to reveal)

To start of, our first three games of the campaign were a blast. We really enjoyed the changes and surprises in every game.

However, with the reveal of the Tesla (Vesna) faction things took a 'sour' turn. In game 4, using their factory cards and chosen mech abilities the Tesla player rushed ahead in stars and eventually another player ended the game 'early' by destroying the final agents although everyone knew Tesla was going to win anyway (delaying the end would just have meant them having even more stars). So Tesla indeed won by a fair amount of money more than everyone else.
Then the infrastructure mods were unlocked (which no one expected). By (un)lucky draws only the Tesla player could purchase the type that allows you to do a bottom action for free.

In game 5 the Tesla player rushed ahead again due to their now even more powerful combo of factory cards, Tesla mech mods and two infrastructure mods. Game end was same as in 4, someone rushed to complete the alternative victory condition as to 'limit' the win/stars of the Tesla player.

Tesla again drew a bottom action infrastructure mod, leaving them with 3 of those now. Only one other player (among 3) also drew and purchased such a mod. To make things worse the Fenris faction ended up by a player who doesn't like to play overly aggressive, nor likes the fact that they now start with -16 coins.

So the general consensus is now that the Tesla player is going to win game 6 and 7 due to their combo and by netting more stars than the rest in games 4-7 thus also have the best bonus for game 8.

So the other three players are basically looking for words of encouragement and insight in how to be able to win a game (let alone the campaign). (no spoilers for game 6-8 please)

TLDR:
Spoiler (click to reveal)

The Tesla player seems unstoppable with the flexibility of the factory cards, mech mods and three bottom row infrastructure mods. How can the other players make a chance of winning a subsequent game? (no spoilers for scenario 6-8 please)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Strand
Canada
Langley
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When I played RoF (3 player), one of my friends won 5 of the 8 campaign games, another won 1, and I won 2. We were sure that our friend that won 5 was going to win the whole campaign & "blow us out of the water", but he only barely beat me in the campaign, even though I won far less games. Someone who wins a majority of games during the campaign are NOT guaranteed to win the whole campaign because game 8 is weighed more heavily on the final outcome. I won game 8 by a pretty good margin that I almost won the whole campaign even though I didn't win many games during the campaign.
I won't go on further as to not spoil the rest of the campaign for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.