Subject: Solo objective card (build 10 centrals) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
daniele daniele
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
mbmb
In solo how can I construct 10 centrals with only 8 infrastructures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Pombo
Uruguay
flag msg tools
designer
mb
As you are playing solo all infrastructures are yours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What is a "central?"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Green Power Plants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stealthychalupa wrote:
Green Power Plants

Ok, so since there are a lot more than 10 green power plant pieces, you can potentially build more, but all of them would need an infrastructure, and since only YOU are playing the game, there can't be more than 8 on the board total.

That would seem to be a serious error in the solo card since it is unachievable solo. Do you use another player's infrastructures when yours run out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You may use as many infrastructure as you like in solo. Just grab a couple of the same color as you used for the second action marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Also per your other post, I would not worry about solo goal cards until you get a bit experienced with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Griffin
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stealthychalupa wrote:
You may use as many infrastructure as you like in solo. Just grab a couple of the same color as you used for the second action marker.

That is logical, however in solo mode it instructs you to take another action marker. It would be logical if it ALSO told you to take the infrastructures from that other player color too ... just in case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
stealthychalupa wrote:

Do what? Really? Is that noted in the rules at all? Based on the other post it sounds like this needs some serious errata for the solo game. I mean this is completely game changing. Step 1 of the solo setup very clearly says to use one color only. I'm not disputing you, it makes perfect sense what you're saying as I was pretty dead in the water with what I had left to do at the end.

It is just a drastic change to have access to more infrastructure and also what you stated in another post about getting only 1 knowledge per scientist in a summit.

Is there anything else? How do we get the word out there on this stuff? A lot of people have this to play solo and just these 2 things make for a pretty different experience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniele daniele
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
mbmb
feartheclown wrote:

It is just a drastic change to have access to more infrastructure and also what you stated in another post about getting only 1 knowledge per scientist in a summit.

Really? Do you get only 1 knowledge per scientist in a summit in solo play?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
In playtesting, only one knowledge was given per scientist. Two made it much too easy. When I saw the final rules when I received the game I asked Julian about the change and he was not aware of it.

That said, unless he says here it is an errata it is not official. I would suggest trying it though if you find yourself winning too much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
carbon_dragon wrote:
stealthychalupa wrote:

That is logical, however in solo mode it instructs you to take another action marker. It would be logical if it ALSO told you to take the infrastructures from that other player color too ... just in case.

Yes, that is one omition from me in the rules. I’m very sorry for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, 2016 - Vinhos Deluxe, 2017 - Lisboa, 2018 - Escape Plan, CO2 Second Chance and Dragon Keepers - Maybe: 2019 - ROTW Portugal and On Mars, 2020 - Kanban Deluxe Edition
mbmbmbmbmb
cely81 wrote:
feartheclown wrote:

Really? Do you get only 1 knowledge per scientist in a summit in solo play?

That is not official, you may play like this if you want a more chaleging game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
daniele daniele
Italy
Varese
flag msg tools
mbmb
Ok, thanks. But 1 knowledge x scientist only in solo play or always in coop?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cely81 wrote:

Just solo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fear The Clown
msg tools
mbmbmb
newrev wrote:
cely81 wrote:

Just solo.

Vital thank you for clarifying.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.