Subject: NEW HERE! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Isaac Mule
msg tools
new user
badge
Hello!

I am new to boardgame geek. Well, new to having an account. I've researched games on here for awhile and read many threads over the past year.

The reason why I decided to sign up was because I think I'm finally ready to start developing my first boardgame further, towards production.

I've been working on a WW1 era game that has players balance both their military and economic resources. You start your turn by rolling a dice for either Wheat, Lumber, Iron, or Ammo. These resources help you build military units beyond basic soldiers and calvalry as well as trenches. The game is very strategic, and not overly complex. Which is something I've noticed with lots of other military games. Instead of a complex combat system, this game requires players to balance their armies and resources or risk being over run.

I was hoping to connect with other new or first time game developers to hopefully limit my mistakes. Maybe there are tips you can pass on, things you learned. Or maybe you're interested in play-testing the game in a few months when it's ready.

Any who. Just looking to connect with more boardgame enthusiasts, and connect with a wider group of people.

Thank you everyone
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Rountrey
United States
York
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
But the worst thing I ever done - I mixed a pot of fake puke at home and then I went to this movie theater, hid the puke in my jacket, climbed up to the balcony and then, t-t-then, I made a noise like this: hua-hua-hua-huaaaa
badge
I got it! I got it!... I don't got it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Clean up that Newbie Profile with this gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave, or "Phineas" or "Tolstoy" or,
United States
Mount Holly
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, if you have not seen this group of forums, they are designed just for designers like you!

Board Game Design

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.