Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the number of orders seems to be related with the quality of the troops: 4 if elite, 3 if line and 2 if green.

Strange it's not related to the size of the OOB (and hence the number of leaders available).

More strange RS.14.2 for 3P "the number of orders ... for the Allies is the highest one allowed of the two number of Orders for each player", as every player will always have the exact number of orders (troop quality is the same for everyone).

Is this a typo? or I am once again missing something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Not strange at all for two players. Not sure about 3p rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
César Moreno
Spain
Castellon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe not strange; probably I'm still keeping a CC:E mindset, where you got more orders and more leaders with bigger OOB's (and not with better quality of the troops).

Then again in CC:E you don't have a Highest Ranked Leader who can chain-activate other leaders so it may just work fine here.

But I fail to see why better troops should be linked with longer games.

A green defender might have the benefit a short game (SD in space 4) while a elite defender will have to resist for at least 8 time triggers. Keep in mind the attacker has the same quality as the defender.

On the other hand, longer games when you have more units in the map feels right (to me).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
In the RSG: the better your troops, the higher the surrender level: this portrays your troops' willing to fight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal TOUPY
France
talence
Aquitaine
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
NoMasOvejas wrote:

More strange RS.14.2 for 3P "the number of orders ... for the Allies is the highest one allowed of the two number of Orders for each player", as every player will always have the exact number of orders (troop quality is the same for everyone).

why? if the french player has choosen Elite troops and the US player has choosen green troops, they won't have the same number of Orders.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.