Hide
17 Posts

Nemesis» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Objectives. Print and Play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gwan Gwanish
msg tools
Below are Google Drive links for a custom set of 12 "Personal" Objectives. I adapted them from custom objectives I made for the print and play edition. There are others I plan to adapt as "Corporate" Objectives. Tried to match the terminology and structure of the bona fide objectives. They come in three different batches, so you can easily print and choose which appeal to you.

No promises about balance, considering the game has been tweaked from its earlier version. My group just found it enjoyable to have more variety in the secret objectives. They also were a homage to some classic sci-fi films. I'm not a graphic artist, clearly. They came out a bit faded in color.

Recommend heavy weight cardstock. You should be able to print these as normal, cut, fold and sleeve. As long as you sleeve the Objectives that came with Nemesis, they should all feel very similar. To avoid the cards having a funny bulge near the bend, I just cut them apart entirely and then glue both sides together.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1JLwABbt_qWdmF5rt9L6jrZE964...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ExBLtf54wYC9Fgc7BrcoTulJXp...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=12Si_xMyVcqhICkL79MG0D1HzXm...

Updated to include the additional custom Corporate Objectives:

Set 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vEsvAxiYkOhj4yiKlNykHoTOkrK...

Set 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ROcg4n2uhYiDUc4jGquJeHorHeK...

Set 3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r-drF7qN0zBXxqHVThqUsLACTN...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Custom Personal Objectives. Print and Play
I think your first One (reach Venus) is quite similar to “reach earth”, only way harder. I wouldn’t pick it because it seems almost impossible to achieve. There’s another objective that the ship must reach Mars but I believe that objective has a second option. I think your objective needs a second goal as well.
I like your second objective, but what about Nemesis blowing up? What I believe is the ship must survive without any fire? That’s also quite hard...
I like the third objective and the fourth, although allowing everyone else to survive in a 4 or 5 player game is very tough I think.

BUT, that being said, I like more objectives and you did a great job creating New ones and I want to try them anyway !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas M
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you post these in the Files section?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwan Gwanish
msg tools
bigvolfan82bg wrote:

I submitted them to the Files section. Never done that before, but I believe an Admin reviews the submission before it posts.

Zekere wrote:
I think your first One (reach Venus) is quite similar to “reach earth”, only way harder. I wouldn’t pick it because it seems almost impossible to achieve. There’s another objective that the ship must reach Mars but I believe that objective has a second option. I think your objective needs a second goal as well.

Yes, "Decommissioned" is very similar to the game's "Quarantine" objective. I added a couple objectives that make use of Venus and Deep Space on the coordinates token. "Quarantine" requires the player to reach Mars or reach Earth and destroy the Nest. It is the only objective that I am aware of that has a destination other than Earth. However, in my experience, the fact that "Quarantine" has an alternative to the "betrayer" style objective results in nobody ever attempting to send the ship to Mars. Instead, the player that draws it usually tries to be nice and destroy the Nest instead.

Agreed, the fact that "Decommissioned" only has a single directive is harder, but it does raise the likelihood or more teammate backstabbing goodness. A player can always go with their Corporate objective as an easier alternative.

Zekere wrote:
I like your second objective, but what about Nemesis blowing up? What I believe is the ship must survive without any fire? That’s also quite hard...!!

Yes, the intent is that the ship does not blow up and there are no fires. Yes, difficult, but the Fire Control Room is always present to give someone a fighting chance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Florian Stock
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A couple of nice ideas but some comments:

You sometimes have "AND finish the game in escape pod or hibernation" clause, but this is a default condition on all objectives (because it means that you survive, or did I miss something?).

I like very much those "Computer" goals, but "Renegades" can seem quite hard. There I would suggest a rules clarification, like "All EXPLORED Computer Rooms". Restricting it not to explored rooms, would mean you also have to explore all rooms, which is alone very hard in a game, but you have to repair all those and "revenge" them.

Also very good to make some additional, that use more of the alternate coordinates.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwan Gwanish
msg tools
flolo wrote:

You sometimes have "AND finish the game in escape pod or hibernation" clause, but this is a default condition on all objectives (because it means that you survive, or did I miss something?).

No, you did not miss anything. My mistake. When I was adapting my old objectives to the format of the ones that shipped with Nemesis, I noticed a few have the language "Do ___ AND finish the game in Escape Pod or Hibernation with ________." I glossed over that additional directive that concludes the sentence of "with an Intruder Egg object" or "with the Blue Character Corpse Object." Without those additional requirements, the directive to finish the game in escape pod or hibernation is superfluous.

flolo wrote:

I like very much those "Computer" goals, but "Renegades" can seem quite hard. There I would suggest a rules clarification, like "All EXPLORED Computer Rooms". Restricting it not to explored rooms, would mean you also have to explore all rooms, which is alone very hard in a game, but you have to repair all those and "revenge" them.

Good point. It should be limited to explored Rooms. Maybe also make it easier by limiting the amount of rooms, such as "A majority of Rooms with Computers that are explored must be functioning AND finish the game in Hibernation."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin De Schutter
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GwanGwanish wrote:
bigvolfan82bg wrote:

I submitted them to the Files section. Never done that before, but I believe an Admin reviews the submission before it posts.

Zekere wrote:

Yes, "Decommissioned" is very similar to the game's "Quarantine" objective. I added a couple objectives that make use of Venus and Deep Space on the coordinates token. "Quarantine" requires the player to reach Mars or reach Earth and destroy the Nest. It is the only objective that I am aware of that has a destination other than Earth. However, in my experience, the fact that "Quarantine" has an alternative to the "betrayer" style objective results in nobody ever attempting to send the ship to Mars. Instead, the player that draws it usually tries to be nice and destroy the Nest instead.

Agreed, the fact that "Decommissioned" only has a single directive is harder, but it does raise the likelihood or more teammate backstabbing goodness. A player can always go with their Corporate objective as an easier alternative.

Zekere wrote:
I like your second objective, but what about Nemesis blowing up? What I believe is the ship must survive without any fire? That’s also quite hard...!!

Yes, the intent is that the ship does not blow up and there are no fires. Yes, difficult, but the Fire Control Room is always present to give someone a fighting chance.

Really appreciate the efforts though!! More missions are great as I feel This game has much more potential.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
THESE ARE AWESOME!

Please more. More quotes and objectives with stuff from Bladerunner and The Expanse.

Also, one thing I was surprised Awaken realms did not include:
Give credit for objective difficulty. So number all the objectives with a difficulty rating. If multiple characters finish the game alive and with objective fulfilled, then the character with the hardest objective rating completed is the ‘true winner’. Like the objectives in REX.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Also you can make objective have a secondary “good guy rating” where if everyone dies, the highest good guy rating wins as long as the ship is in self destruct, all engines disabled, or the ship pointed at deep space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Objective brainstorming (in progress)

Alien Hybrid - ship must reach earth. 1 escape pod must still be unused. You must survive in hibernation.

Alien Hybrid Rogue - you must escape in escape pod. Ship must not reach earth or mars. No one must know your identity who still survives.

Earthers will pay - ship must reach earth, Exactly 1 engine must bedamaged. 2+ computer rooms must be disabled. You must survive in escape pod, hibernate and 1 pod still left

Mars will Pay - same but reach mars

The Belt needs a sample - escape pod with egg

Mars needs a sample - escape pod with egg, or ship must reach mars with all engines working and 1 or less computer rooms disabled. Belter CANNOT have egg. No other objectives completed that harm mars.

Earth needs sample - same but Neither belter Nor mars can end with sample, and no other completed objectives that harm earth.

Note for Alien objectives: 3 ways that you might be figured out.
1: if you would normally die of a chestburster, you don’t die. You just “give birth” to a creeper. 2: if you are scanned in surgery when you only have 1 objective. 3: the Alien Queen will pull her punches and won’t actually damage you. (More of a “posturing” like competing wild animals). Note all other aliens will still accidentally kill you. Because you still smell too human.

Will think of more....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwan Gwanish
msg tools
As promised, here are the links for 10 additional custom Corporate Objectives, saved as PDFs.

Set 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vEsvAxiYkOhj4yiKlNykHoTOkrK...

Set 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ROcg4n2uhYiDUc4jGquJeHorHeK...

Set 3: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1r-drF7qN0zBXxqHVThqUsLACTN...

Sample JPEG attached:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwan Gwanish
msg tools
bigvolfan82bg wrote:

The first set of Personal Objectives are now available in the file section:

https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/174784/custom-personal-ob...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco da Silva
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks Gwan!! Great job on these. Definitely going to print and add these to my game.

Just one thing. The link to sets 1 and 2 for the corporate objectives that you've just posted are not working. Not sure if it's just for me though, but I was able to download set 3. I get a 404 error - URL not found on this server.

Thanks again. These are great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwan Gwanish
msg tools
Doh! Fixed the links. They got chopped off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gwan Gwanish
msg tools
Tom W wrote:

Will think of more....

Please do! I like the ideas.

I had a rating system with number of skulls on my version for the original print and play. Couldn’t find icons I liked that I felt matched up well with the official game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is stella work... Going to print these off.

Some more suggestions...

The ship has to be destroyed by Fire. "Some Men Just want to watch the world burn" (Joker)

The first player into the cockpit must survive. "Come with me if you want to live"

The ship has to arrive in deep space with at least 1 other player in Hibernation "Ripley: There's a monster in your chest. These guys hijacked your ship, and they sold your cryotube to this... human, and he put an alien inside of you. It's a really nasty one. And in a few hours, it's gonna burst its way through your rib cage, and you're gonna die. Any questions?"

At least 2 eggs need to be taken off the ship via Escape Pods (you and/or another player) "Paul Kirby: What if they catch us with them?
Alan Grant: What if they catch us without em?"

The Player to your left must survive. "John Connor: Are you here to kill me ?
Terminator: No. You must live."

The player to your right carrys a special genetic DNA marker - they must survive and escape via an air lock, or his body must be ejected via an air lock. "Dead or alive, your coming with me"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaffa Brown
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A few more...

Stop Anybody sending the signal, and get any form of Intruder DNA (body or egg) back to earth - "We made these things. Nobody can know"

Blow either a Queen, a Breeder or a Creeper our of the AirLock - "Gentlemen, we should all stick to our set routine and not get unduly agitated. Correct. All right. Thank you, gentlemen." Andrews

Have another play use the escape pod and be contaminated (therefore die in the escape pod). - "Ripley, time is important. Let us deal with the malignancy. We've got a surgical base set up on the rescue ship. Come with me." Bishop II

Kill all other players of the same Gender as yourself - "Yes, you have a great body. May I use It?". Benson, Saturn 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.