Legendary: Buffy The Vampire Slayer» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Broken combo rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doc Flok
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
So I just played a game where Glory was the Big Bad and the scheme was Epic Struggle.We had already played all the Scheme twists (5 in light, 3 dark...so no loss there).
Both copies of Kakistos were still in villain deck, which was close to running out of cards. At this point, we had not even defeated Glory once. She was around +12 (20 total) at this point.
Flipped Kakistos, which set the Dark to 3.
I was like I can defeat him and put him on the bottom...
So we got to the point where we literally had JUST the 2 Kakistos cycling out of the villain deck and back into the villain deck until we could pare our decks down and get enough Fight and Courage tokens to defeat her.
Once we defeated Glory once, we could easily defeat her the other 3 times, as all Master Strikes had been played and she could not acquire any more Bystanders.

It felt like cheating...but...we did NOTHING against the card rules...

It was so broken, though. Just repeatedly killing one Kakistos after another to keep the villain deck going.

Anyone else ever had this happen?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
But what was your end game score? It had to be pretty low with all those scheme twists pulled. So yes, you could do this but i wouldn't really consider it broken if ultimately your score was crap because of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doc Flok
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
The individual player scores? Or? The one that first beat Glory had an individual score over 45 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
VampCylon wrote:
The individual player scores? Or? The one that first beat Glory had an individual score over 45 points.

oh I just looked in the rulebook. I have only played this with other people one time. I usually play solo. Apparently scoring is only used in the solo version. So yeah I guess your situation would feel a bit unfairly strong.

In Solo, you lose points from your end score for each scheme twist you pulled, so generally you don't want to get through the entire deck because you will end pulling all of them and losing a bunch of points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.