Hide
3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Conventions

Subject: GenCon Prototype Play Section rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Xeno Xeno
msg tools
Hi, I heard there is a designated hall for playtesting prototypes + trying new games.

What is the process for getting into this hall? Is that one of the badges for sale or do I just show up and wait in a queue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Harris
United States
Fairborn
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you mean to just play the games the answer is yes. You can get free tickets once the event sign up begins insuring you will be able to play a game at the time for which you have signed up.
Or, you can just show up and take a number and hope that there are spots available.
If you mean you have a prototype and want to get GenCon players to try it, then I am not sure how to go about getting a table. I am sure there will be information on GenCon's site once the organizers are ready to begin taking submissions.
My friend and I have have signed up for tickets in advance the past few years and have had a lot of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Proper-Lee
United States
Levittown
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I assume you're referring to the First Exposure Playtest Hall? HEre's last year's page:
https://www.gencon.com/experience/feph2018

This year hasn't been posted yet, but I'm sure will be linked on the main page soon enough since it's been popular and well received.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.