Kevin Whitmore
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I have played Magnificent Flying Machines twice. The first game was a learning game, with five at the table. The second game was with three players who had played in the first game.

Naturally the downtime was lessened in the second game. We had two fewer players, and more familiarity with the game mechanisms. But even so, one of the players felt like the downtime was a bit much.

He posed a question, that I would like to pose to the designer. Why do players get two actions when it is their turn? He wondered if the game would move along better if every turn was just a single action.

Did you consider this when you made your design decision?

I am enjoying Magnificent Flying Machines. The theme is great, and the play is fun. But I will admit I am going to shy away from more than 4 players.

Thanks,

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Denning
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Mids
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Deion decision
Kevin hi
We experimented with 1,2 and 3 actions per turn.

We found that with 1 action a turn it could get frustrating if you failed a test as that was the end of your turn.

That is the reason for deciding on 2.

Also we felt that the draw of 1 card at the end of a turn would get too powerful if it happened after each action.

I think you are right it works best with 3 to 4 players.

Although we have had some fun 6 player team games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.