Popular Tags: [View All]
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Preordered and anxiously awaiting this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked on miniture market all I see is the expansion where is the base game ?
Maybe I’m confused I thought there was a Concordia Venus base game ?
Or do you have to buy the base game and the expansions also ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a Venus base game, and a Venus expansion, they are two separate things.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikolai
Germany
Münster
flag msg tools
Hidden trackable information in games sucks!
badge
I play games for fun and pursuing the goal to win the game is fun! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:

Maybe I’m confused I thought there was a Concordia Venus base game ?

Yes, there is. And also an expansion.
The Concordia: Venus expansion is for when you already own the old Concordia base game. The more expensive stand-alone Concordia Venus includes the Concordia base game (except the Italia map) and the Concordia: Venus expansion (plus a Cyprus map).

noahshu wrote:
I looked on miniture market all I see is the expansion where is the base game ?

You should ask that question to Miniature Market.
They seem to offer the Rio Grande Games English-only version and neither the Rio Grande Games versions of the stand-alone Concordia Venus nor the Concordia: Venus expansion have been released yet according to Rio Grande Game's website. So the stand-alone Concordia Venus will probably still turn up at Miniature Market at some point.

You could always buy the bilingual English+German version from PD-Verlag's webstore. But shipping to the US from them is really expensive, so you'll probably want to wait until you can get it from a US based shop.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
noah caldwell
United States
galt
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was confused because I see the op saying he pre order the game and he can’t wait . I was wondering where he pre ordered it .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali Ardekani
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The game is available on Amazon. It says it will be released on Jan 11th but it gives March shipping dates which is really weird.

https://www.amazon.com/Rio-Grande-Games-Concordia-Expansion/...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Windsor
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
I’m eager to get my copy too. This dice tower news post says January 15th. http://www.dicetowernews.com/rio-grande-rings-in-new-year/56...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kranz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Concordia was on my short list for a long time. Once they announced Venus that was the perfect entry point. I can't wait until my order is shipped!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Becker
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
noahshu wrote:
I was confused because I see the op saying he pre order the game and he can’t wait . I was wondering where he pre ordered it .

Ah, sorry - Ordered it at CoolStuffInc. I guess MiniatureMarket only has the expansion available...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
noahshu wrote:

Ah, sorry - Ordered it at CoolStuffInc. I guess MiniatureMarket only has the expansion available...

CoolStuffInc also only has the expansion available. You can preorder the Venus expansion or the orignal base game plus the Venus expansion (two separate boxes).

Edit: In other words, make sure you preordered what you want!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kranz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
loon wrote:
FightOnGoBlue wrote:
noahshu wrote:

CoolStuffInc also only has the expansion available. You can preorder the Venus expansion or the orignal base game plus the Venus expansion (two separate boxes).

Edit: In other words, make sure you preordered what you want!

I pre-ordered the new base game from CoolStuff. Item RIO561 is the new Venus base game. The description matches what is on Rio Grande's website. It says "Includes the base Concordia game and everything from the Venus Expansion" which sounds like it might be two separate boxes but it is the standalone version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
poypoyking wrote:

I pre-ordered the new base game from CoolStuff. Item RIO561 is the new Venus base game. The description matches what is on Rio Grande's website. It says "Includes the base Concordia game and everything from the Venus Expansion" which sounds like it might be two separate boxes but it is the standalone version.

If it's the standalone version of Venus, then that description is blatantly incorrect. What they have described would have the Italia map for example, standalone Venus doesn't.

It could well be content management error, and whoever added the item really thought that standalone venus = base game + expansion venus, but they differ in several ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Bolland
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
PLAY
badge
Loooooooooooooooon!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kelanen wrote:
poypoyking wrote:

If it's the standalone version of Venus, then that description is blatantly incorrect. What they have described would have the Italia map for example, standalone Venus doesn't.

It could well be content management error, and whoever added the item really thought that stanalone venus = base game + expansion venus, but they differ in several ways.

I think it is the standalone Venus. The description says "all in one box". Unfortunately, a few weeks ago (if I recall correctly), the description said it was two boxes.

The online retail and distributor descriptions of RIO651 are all a little off in various ways, but I believe RIO561 is the standalone Venus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Z
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikewindsor wrote:
I’m eager to get my copy too. This dice tower news post says January 15th. http://www.dicetowernews.com/rio-grande-rings-in-new-year/56...

Looks like Dice Tower news was accurate......I received a notification from MM this morning that my copy has shipped.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kranz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kind of unrelated but to a new Concordia Venus owner will I want Salsa as well?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Schindler
United States
Lombard
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Salsa is good but by no means necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Challis
United Kingdom
Hungerford
West Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Goatcabin wrote:
Salsa is good but by no means necessary.

I think the base game is too simple, and wouldn't ever play without Salsa.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kranz
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My copy will be here Saturday! Just in time for game night on Monday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.