Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

not sure about this one as has never come up for me over repeated playing. Understand the rule , one hq allowed in a combat. I have a situation where and out of supply hq is adjacent to enemy which will be attacked by other in supply units including a supplied hq. you understand my question I'm pretty sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Jensen
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
mbmbmbmbmb
Seems quite clear to me: one HQ per battle per side, so any friendly HQ outside of a hex containing a HQ that is being attacked can't participate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Feldmann
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Chad. A supplied HQ can NOT support an unsupplied HQ.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greig Goodfellow
Canada
Allanburg
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not exactly the situation.

An enemy hex is under attack, there are 2 HQ within range. The supplied hq is 2 away and the unsupplied hq is adjacent. Can the unsupplied hq add it's 3 attack to battle ? Guess I would have to break it down into component units (cause that makes sense)I figured not but had never come up before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Clemens
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Going off memory here but an HQ must be supplied to aid in any "ranged" attack or defense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hans Feldmann
United States
Fort Collins
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Juno44 wrote:
Not exactly the situation.

An enemy hex is under attack, there are 2 HQ within range. The supplied hq is 2 away and the unsupplied hq is adjacent. Can the unsupplied hq add it's 3 attack to battle ? Guess I would have to break it down into component units (cause that makes sense)I figured not but had never come up before.

That is exactly what I envisioned you were asking. The answer is still no.

4.2.1.2 HQ Ranged Support, second bullet under "HQ Ranged Support Restrictions" reads:
"One HQ unit per faction can participate in an individual combat."

It makes no distinction between supplied or unsupplied HQs. And in case you think this bullet doesn't apply because only one HQ is "ranged," look down to section 4.2.2 Attack Sequence, Step 1:

"The attacker declares which adjacent friendly ground units will attack the targeted hex. If the attacking units do not already include an HQ unit, the attacker may declare one supplied HQ unit to provide Ranged Support."

If you include the unsupplied HQs attack factors in the attack, the supplied HQ cannot also provide ranged support.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls