4 Posts

Shadows of Brimstone: Swamps of Death» Forums » Rules

Subject: other world map noob question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
just had our first game of SOB the other day and we enjoyed it...

reading up on the rules afterwards and theres loads we did wrong that we now understand...

However, the rulebook mentions that the other world boards are printed on the back of the mines boards.,.. they aren't on mine (pardon the pun) my mines maps have swamps on the backs... so.. how do I do other world boards or do I just use the swamps ones?

Sorry if this is tucked away in the rules somewhere but we are just learning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelby Babb
United States
Springdale
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Swamps -are- another world: Jargano. There's a few expansions out for it as well.

It's a neat feature that all tiles in the game (so far) are double sided and do double duty. Plus, you could get Forbidden Fortress and play it as two more Other Worlds if you like, with the mines connecting to Forbidden Fortress or Belly of the Beast (FoFo's opposite tile side).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan smith
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Aha! Ofc...that makes sense now..thanks for that.

Hmmmm... so.... I have bought the slugs and serpent men expansions.... does that mean there cards go in the other world (swamp) decks rather than the mines decks?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Chance
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
That depends. If there are general threat cards that came with them they can appear in the mines. If it was only the otherworld threat cards than they will generally only appear when exploring that otherworld. As long as the card backs match when you add the cards you should be good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.