Popular Tags: [View All]
Iain Simmons
Australia
Sippy Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I just want to confirm, in the draft rules (using the copy from Tabletopia), it states that "Deal 4 cards faceup beside the deck to form the tea additive area", but also as an action you can select "three additives token from the five face-up or blindly drawn from the additive bag". Note also the slight typo with 'additives token' instead of 'additive tokens'.

The default 1–2 player setup on Tabletopia has only 4 additive tokens visible. I wasn't sure if there was meant to be less for a 1–2p game, or if it's only during setup that there is one less. Or perhaps it was always meant to be five?

Can someone please let me know what's going on here?

Thanks,
– iain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Kazmaier
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Hi Iain,

We've reached out to Tabletopia about the outdated rulebook from an earlier PnP version. The correct new draft rulebook is at http://bit.ly/DownloadChai.

The current rule is draft 5 to fill the pantry, then take 3. It can be a blind draw. Right click on the pantry bag to draw more as tokens are taken.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
Connie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Simmons
Australia
Sippy Downs
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gamer_teacher wrote:
Hi Iain,

We've reached out to Tabletopia about the outdated rulebook from an earlier PnP version. The correct new draft rulebook is at http://bit.ly/DownloadChai.

The current rule is draft 5 to fill the pantry, then take 3. It can be a blind draw. Right click on the pantry bag to draw more as tokens are taken.

Hope that helps! Let us know if you have any other questions.
Connie

Hi Connie!

Great, thanks for getting back to me! That makes much more sense.

Note that they default setup in Tabletopia only puts 4 additive tokens out, so that will likely need to be amended also.

Oh and lastly, I can't quite figure out the ability cards in Tabletopia… I think they would need some card text, or if there's a reference sheet for all of them, then that could be uploaded to the docs in Tabletopia.

Cheers,
– iain

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking for an answer to this! I wasn't sure if the rules in Tabletopia or the PDF ones that I have were the most up to date. Thanks!

I did have another question though.

Both of the rulebooks have a pictured example that states you can take multiples of the same additive as one action. Was this intended to stay in? The actual text part of the rules that state this, is no longer included in the version on Tabletopia. (1. Selecting all of the additive cards of one type. The cards do not have to be touching, and new cards are
immediately drawn faceup before the player does their second action
)

I am going off of the assumption that the picture was not meant to be included in the new rules, and your only option to take additives is just the basic: take 3 total from either the board or the bag.

I'm so excited to play this game in person with the new AWESOME tiles that were unlocked during the campaign laughlaughlaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
emptiful wrote:

Oh and lastly, I can't quite figure out the ability cards in Tabletopia… I think they would need some card text, or if there's a reference sheet for all of them, then that could be uploaded to the docs in Tabletopia.

Cheers,
– iain

Yeah, I had to go and look for my PDF version of the rules I got during the campaign in order to figure them out. Not a priority considering this is essentially a free demo of the game (and a much appreciated one!), but it would be good at some point to update this if it is thought about

In the Tabletop Simulator version, when you hover over the cards the ability explanation pops up in a text pop-out. I'm not sure if Tabletopia has that same feature or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I answered my own question!! I double checked that the PDF I had was the most recent and it was NOT lol. So, I downloaded the new updated version from the link Connie provided.

All is well in the Pantry blush meeple

VISIT THE PANTRY:
Tea pantry items (milk, sugar, honey, vanilla, and chai spices) are also needed to complete most orders. A player
selects three items from the five face-up pantry items, or blindly draws them from the additive bag. The player
may chose a combination of face-up and blind draws.
● A player may reset the pantry board before their turn for 1 copper coin, with the existing tokens being
placed in the bag before drawing new ones.
● Players cannot have more than 6 pantry items in their tea house, but may chose which items to discard
down to 6.
● Empty token spaces on the additive board are repopulated after the player's action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.