Popular Tags: [View All]
Josh Kanehen
United States
Bothell
WA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Question regarding a Saw ability card, specifically because of an interaction between the card in question and the Two-Mini class.

Can the Saw class abilities that are given to an ally (e.g.: Booster Shot bottom, Syringe top), be given to a summoned ally? Or, can they not be because that ally doesn't have an "active area" for the card to go into?

For Booster Shot, playing on the bear would be super helpful, but there are other summons that Syringe's top might be worth using on as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael ray
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Only characters have an active play area, so you can only give them to the the actual characters.

So not to any summons, including the bear, and not to any other NPC allies that may show up in other missions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Marney
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct: summons don't have a hand of cards or an active area, so they can't receive those cards. However, the Tyrant himself is happy to have them; it's a lot easier to play an "Active Tyrant" build if you have permanent defenses and Saw keeps feeding you heals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dukelow
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I play solo two player and these were the first two classes I unlocked. Unfortunately, the med packs don't work well with having the summon be the real character.

There are two ways I see it working okay:

The first is what I did, which is to drop the med pack card from my hand and just play Saw as a damage dealing healer. This actually worked okay, as he really just followed the bear around, healing and dealing respectable amounts of damage. Most scenarios, I literally never moved the tyrant.

The second, which I did not try, but could possibly be good: Do an active Tyrant build for two mini, and use the card where you can redistribute all damage between you and your summons, I forget the name. I think this could work well, because giving the tyrant the med pack will still extend his play and prevent him from exhausting for longer, plus, you can provide a lot of healing to your bear through the use of that other card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.