Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
147 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 

Shadows over Camelot» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Shadows Over Camelot/Merlin's Company PBF SOC 13 - "Superstitions of Time Manipulation" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Memoir '44 World Cup Tournament Organizer - Red Eyed Jack
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Time to play Shadows over Camelot: Merlin's Company again. This Play By Forum (PBF) game is open to all. Ideally at least 6-8 knights. No variants. No House Rules.

Preamble:
Brave knights of the Round Table of Camelot, hopefully this message finds you all enjoying the holiday that the king declared to honor your victory over evil.
Though you may think that this is just a social message that this wizard has created, I can assure you that you are wrong, and this is to warn you of grave danger that threatens the entire land.

In the midst of you vanquishing Morgan's forces of evil, she was able to steal a astrological time-arranger from me and on the 13th day after the defeat of her forces, she used it alter time, and thus once again threatens Camelot with her evil, and so your noble leader, King Arthur, is in need of assistance from you.

So, I, the great wizard Merlin, trusted adviser of the king, do beseech you, in the name of the king, to gather your forces and travel to Camelot and assist the king against the forces of evil.

Who of you will respond to the king's call for help?

Invitation:
The plan will be to start on January 13th. All 8 knights would be great! If you are interested in joining please reply to this post as soon as possible.

Please do not be overwhelmed by the following details (anything you don't understand we'll walk you through).

Set Up:
Seating order and knight's color will be assigned at random (except Arthur). You then pick which of the two knights you wish to represent. Next you will receive a Loyalty card and your hand of 6 cards via private message (PM).

The Board will be displayed like this: (click magnifying glass to adjust size)

SOC PBF guidelines:
The PBF rules we'll use are similar to those used in previous SOC PBF games:

d10-0d10-1: For copyright reasons, you must own a copy of Shadows Over Camelot in order to play. Also, it would be best to also own the Merlin's Company expansion. Cards will be referred to by title, without the accompanying text.

d10-0d10-2: Avatars change. Use an image banner (like the Weaver one at top of page) associated with your character (we'll see you get one) so we can tell who you are in-game. If you are using a mobile device, put your character name at the top of your post.

Please use the assigned banner for all of your posts (especially in-character). When posting your in-game actions, bold them to make them easier to distinguish. Once bolded, an action cannot be taken back (except in certain circumstances, such as a illegal action being made).

Post typography, please try to use:
* Normal text for discussions, etc.
* Italics for flavor text/fluff - keeps the game fun and interesting.
* Bold for in-game moves and actions. I won't process any decisions/actions unless bolded in the thread.

d10-0d10-3: When sending private messages (geek mail) to me, please use the following format in the subject line: SoC 5 - [Character Name] - [Action]. Example: SoC-7 - Sir Lancelot - Draw sword from stone. This will make it much easier for me to keep track of things.

d10-0d10-4: Do not communicate with the other players outside this thread regarding the game. If you have a question about this PBF game and do not want to ask publicly, PLEASE ask me (geekmail) - it's what I do, I don't mind really!

d10-0d10-5: Subscribe to this thread to keep up to date, and make sure you forward private messages (PM) via your geekmail address to me and visa versa.

d10-0d10-6: Conditional Orders (COs) may be used, but must be strictly confidential between the player and myself. Public COs are not allowed, and neither is bolding actions when it is not your turn (since this is essentially the same thing). For game speed, COs are a great way to keep things moving along.

d10-0d10-7: Secrecy rules must be conformed to. You may not refer to specific cards in your hand by name, and you may not discuss the numbers on the cards (e.g. Fight cards or White Special cards). You may hint at your situation (e.g. 'I am well suited to undertake the quest for the Holy Grail!' is fine, but 'I have three Grail cards in my hand!' is not).

d10-0d10-8: You must agree to check this thread at least twice daily, unless you give notice of absence ahead of time. More frequent checking will result in a faster, slicker game. I'm usually on >2x/day so it could move rather quickly at times. Players have 24 hours to respond towards the next step of their turn or their turn will be automated as follows:
a. Draw a Black Card as Progression of Evil, play face up if no response
b. Play the relevant card if on their Quest
c. If not possible, return to Camelot
d. If in Camelot, draw 2 cards at the Round Table
Convocations, group quest card distributions and discussion as to actions may take longer than 24 hours to resolve. If you need to be away for awhile you may choose an alternate (or I can find one if you prefer).

d10-0d10-9: GeekRolls are allowed. If you use a Geekroll please DO NOT edit your post.

d10-1d10-0: Remember all White discards are face down, anytime you must discard them geekmail me your choice(s).

d10-1d10-1: Be creative and have fun. In-character posts (funny or otherwise) with images are encouraged! Use of medieval-speak, character quirks, create a background story, etc. can be fun too. To make things easier on myself and keeping in character, I will refer to all players by your character name. Post images if you want.

So reply to this post if you want to join up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

The brave knights so far:

1. Christopher (Minuteman Miller)
2. George (otheym6)
3. Pedro (Pedrator)
4. Matt B. (balzi)
5. Matt E. (Stormcrow93)
6. Samuel (Emrys ap Arian)
7. Michael (maklen9)
8. Doug (chadnorth)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
Galahad to the Rescue!
badge
May the Holy Grail protect me from these evil deeds!
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I join?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
george glass
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would love to again serve the Realm!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pedrator wrote:
Can I join?

Sure, you can play. Provided you have read the rules and are okay with them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to play, Matthew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elliott
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
"Dark have been my dreams of late," he said, "but I feel as one new-awakened. I would now that you had come before, Gandalf. For I fear that already you have come too late, only to see the last days of my house."
badge
"Never had greater/Slaughter of heroes/Slain by the sword-edge-/Such as old writers/Have writ of in histories/Hapt in this isle, since/Up from the East hither/Saxon and Angle from/Over the broad billow/Broke into Britain."
mbmbmbmbmb
I humbly offer my blade for this fine Quest!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
Galahad to the Rescue!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
Pedrator wrote:
Can I join?

Sure, you can play. Provided you have read the rules and are okay with them.

Did read indeed, am ok with all and own a copy of both base game and expansion. This should be fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Miller
United States
flag msg tools
new user
Is there room in this gallant company for a new knight?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb

I will join as the eighth knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chadnorth wrote:

Correction: You are the seventh knight. So we are still waiting for number eight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
chadnorth wrote:

Correction: You are the seventh knight. So we are still waiting for number eight.

Clearly Doug is reserving the eighth spot once someone else joins up as the 7th.
Gandalf Doug, likes to make a grand entrance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For a rules suggestion, Matthew, I found in useful during the modding of your birthday game, to have folks declare the turn they meant for COs and other Geekmails.
Something like "Soc 13 - Arthur turn 9.1 - Trade card to Gaheris"
or whatever.

It saved the moderator time when looking through a screen of geekmail to find the proper CO for knight X, mainly if some of us use the Conditional Order stuff, and there's multiples, you might select an older one by accident.

It's only a small thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to join as the EighthSeventh Knight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:

The brave knights so far:

1. Christopher (Minuteman Miller)
2. George (otheym6)
3. Pedro (Pedrator)
4. Matt B. (balzi)
5. Matt E. (Stormcrow93)
6. Samuel (Emrys ap Arian)
7. Michael (maklen9)
8. Doug (chadnorth)

Okay, we have a full 8 knights.

Seating order and colors will be determined shortly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

It seems that the brave knights have been quick to respond to the king's call.

Assistant, now to gather them into the great hall and seat them at the Round Table.

The brave knights in randomized seating order are:
1. Doug (chadnorth) King Arthur
2. Christopher (Minuteman Miller) Orange Knight
3. Matt E. (Stormcrow93) Purple Knight
4. Michael (maklen9) Black Knight
5. George (otheym6) White Knight
6. Samuel (Emrys ap Arian) Green Knight
7. Pedro (Pedrator) Yellow Knight
8. Matt B. (balzi) Blue Knight

Knights 2 through 8 will need to pick their choice based on the color assigned.
To do, please reply and use the banner for the knight you chose.

Starting hands and loyalty cards will be sent once everybody has made their choices.

Banners are here:

If any of the new knights need further help in creating the banner, they can contact me or I'm sure some of the veteran knights would be more then welcome to assist. Next communication after everyone checks in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Elliott
United Kingdom
Halesowen
West Midlands
flag msg tools
"Dark have been my dreams of late," he said, "but I feel as one new-awakened. I would now that you had come before, Gandalf. For I fear that already you have come too late, only to see the last days of my house."
badge
"Never had greater/Slaughter of heroes/Slain by the sword-edge-/Such as old writers/Have writ of in histories/Hapt in this isle, since/Up from the East hither/Saxon and Angle from/Over the broad billow/Broke into Britain."
mbmbmbmbmb

"I, Sir Tristan of Lyonesse, have come from afar to lend my aid to the Round Table. My horse is so fast it rode here in a day! Hopefully poor Dobbin won't be too tired to continue on our quests. And then, I will finally have the hand of my beloved Isolde!

May I also extend my warmest greetings to all Knights both new and old, it is my pleasure to fight alongside you all once again. And I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
Galahad to the Rescue!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Sir Galahad pledging allegiance to the holy sword and the round table. May Morgana burn in eternal damnation and the King forever shine justice over the land!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Korson
United States
Galloway
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I have journeyed far from the East, where I have fought to defend the Land where our Lord walked with his disciples against defilement by the Infidels. Now I seek to serve the noble Arthur in his struggle to defend Britain and its honorable people from being plunged into perpetual night. . .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Koehn
United States
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:

How cool! You guys are in for an awesome game. I will have a good time spectating this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Bowles
Australia
Tatura
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Sir Owain kneels before King Arthur.

"My liege, As a lion can fight for survival and for protection, so I offer my strength to fight for you. I will be as a shield to your people, and as a double edged sword to your enemies."

as he finishes Sir Owain stands quickly and thrusts his sword high, a glint in his eye and a smile that would frighten a small child.

It appears that he is eager to battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DuelistofAges wrote:
Red Eyed Jack wrote:

How cool! You guys are in for an awesome game. I will have a good time spectating this.

Brother, I am not as sad missing out on this one knowing that you aren't fighting without me!

That being said I am sad to miss out on dancing the dance with the few of you I know! Good luck, knights!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

As the Knights of the Round Table assemble, handsome Sir Bedivere of the "Perfect Sinews", Lord of Dunraven Castle and Marshal to King Arthur, strides to his place at King Arthur's right hand. Though he is one-handed since losing a hand in battle, it is still said that no three warriors can draw blood faster than he on the field.

He raises his lance and declares, "My Lord, here I am to stand by thy side once more against the evils that threaten the kingdom! By my strong arm, I shall smite the enemies of Camelot!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Hook
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends."
badge
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
mbmbmbmbmb

I, King Arthur Pendragon sit on the throne of Camelot. My trusted knights come to me in a time of crisis. So this is. Morgan! Why must she and her witches torment our kingdom and to do so along with at least one of my knights. Yes, a traitor in our midst or is there more than one? That sorceress is crafty, as is my bastard son Mordred. So much for family! Camelot must be saved from their darkness so that poetry, songs, and board games can brighten future lives.

"Squire, as the seven knights enter the castle direct them to the Round Table where we can begin to ferment our plans. Speaking of fermenting, tell them the first round is on me, well actually on the Table. Thanks. Now go hop to it."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.