6 Posts

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some in-between scenarios questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M. Hisham Y
msg tools
Hi all,
I finished 2 scenarios of the campaign (Night of the Zealot). I have some questions before starting the 3rd Scenario (the devourer below):

1- Roland got (Rita Chantler) in his deck from the gathering scenario. But I feel that I can benefit from other cards like (Police Badge) more than her in the 3rd scenario. So can I replace Lita with another cards (of course paying the experience costs needed) or (Lita) is not considered as a normal replaceble card of the deck and she should stay there in Roland's deck?

2- If I like to join a 3rd investigator (Daisy, Skids or Agnes) to this campaign scenario (The Devourer) and I have the cards required to build his/her deck (by a second core set cards), then can I make this happening right now? I mean can I add this 3rd investigator to the game to join Roland and Wendy in the Devourer Below scenario so I have 3 players? If yes then what are the conditions?

3- another separate question not related to my case above: Is it allowed to try a scenario which is not the first scenario? For example I like to try the midnight masks scenario with Daisy and Skids as a one scenario game (no campaign). Is this possible or the rules prevent such a game play? And we only allowed to play the 1st scenario as a stand alone one!
Many thanks in advance
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crazed Survivor
France
flag msg tools
The Orzhov welcome you. Please leave your belongings with the Obzedat. They are not yours anymore.
badge
Hi, I'm a european crested tit, and a very small punk rocker!
mbmbmbmbmb
1- You can only replace the 30 cards you've chosen when dekbuilding. Cards that don't count against your card limits can't be altered between scenarios.

2- An investigator can join but they'll have 0xp. (Mateo will have 5)

3- You can play games stand-alone. You're allowed 9xp. You can gain 10xp if you dd another weakness to your deck (randomly so). You can have up to 49 xp that way (so 5 basic weakness + your signature weakness(es).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For #3, see the Standalone rules (under S) in the Rules Reference book. Also note the specific Standalone instructions in the scenario chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MC Shudde M'ell
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. You're stuck with Lita (unless you find a way to get rid of her in a Scenario), but she doesn't count towards your 30 card limit.

2. Yes. Every Scenario in a Campaign is set up as per "setting up the game" in the rules (page 27), including choosing the number of Investigators. Of course, a new Investigator has no Experience.

3 - Yes, the Rules allow you to play any Scenario as a stand alone game - "Standalone Mode" page 19.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Branko K.
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
bluestar2022 wrote:

1- Roland got (Rita Chantler) in his deck from the gathering scenario. But I feel that I can benefit from other cards like (Police Badge) more than her in the 3rd scenario.

Sure. devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris E
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baba44713 wrote:
bluestar2022 wrote:

1- Roland got (Rita Chantler) in his deck from the gathering scenario. But I feel that I can benefit from other cards like (Police Badge) more than her in the 3rd scenario.

Sure. devil

Ahahahahahahahahaha sauron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.