Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 8 it talks about contributing cards to a test. It also mentions fast free triggers you can use. Can you use the free triggers on a card you are discarding for its symbols or must it be paid for and in your supply to use it.

Is a supply a resource? The flashlight asks for 3 supplies.. I am assuming that is the resource token?

Lastly, on page 11 it states you can only have so many cards of a certain type per slot... I see the symbols but didn't see a symbol for the one accessory slot we are allowed. And I didn't see a card with the word accessories on it as a key word. What is that or what symbol will that be?

Thanks in advance everyone!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are committing a card to a skill test (i.e. discarding it from your hand it for its icons), then you ignore all text on the card if it is an asset or an event. Skill cards have text that only goes into effect when they are committed -- it's the only way to use them.

Use resource tokens on assets to designate supplies. But they are not resources and cannot be spent as resources, only as the supplies for that particular card.

The accessory icon looks like a necklace.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
Shelia102881 wrote:
On page 8 it talks about contributing cards to a test. It also mentions fast free triggers you can use. Can you use the free triggers on a card you are discarding for its symbols or must it be paid for and in your supply to use it.

It must be in your play area to use the fast trigger.

Shelia102881 wrote:
Is a supply a resource? The flashlight asks for 3 supplies.. I am assuming that is the resource token?

A supply is not a resource, nor is it a charge, nor an ammo, nor a secret, nor any of the other things that might be listed under "Uses". Some cards will interact with some of these but not others. However, in the game, you often use a resource tokens on the card to indicate the number supplies/charges/ammos/secrets still available.

Shelia102881 wrote:
Lastly, on page 11 it states you can only have so many cards of a certain type per slot... I see the symbols but didn't see a symbol for the one accessory slot we are allowed. And I didn't see a card with the word accessories on it as a key word. What is that or what symbol will that be?

An accessory has a necklace as its symbol (in the lower right corner of the card). Look at Police Badge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kill Bray
msg tools
Shelia102881 wrote:

This might be a bit confusing, but let's take Flashlight as an example, and let's assume you have currently two resources.

Flashlight has a cost of 2 resources, so when you put it in play you spend two of your resources. In this example you have two resources, so you spend them all, put flashlight in play and you are now at zero resources.

Now the Flashlight card says that it "uses 3 supplies". Every asset of this kind always has the full amount of uses when you play it, so you take 3 resource tokens from the token pool (not yours) and you place them on the Flashlight card. From this point onward those resource tokens are considered "supply".

At this point you can use the Flashlight and every time you use it you must expend one of the "supply" tokens that are on that card.

Once all the tokens on that card are expended, you can no longer use the related action of that card, but you still keep that card on your play area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shelia Wright
United States
Buffalo
NY
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zack
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you use the flashlight three times in one turn if you have the actions for it?

Not sure if the special ability of cards can be used only once per turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Montgomery
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
If you cannot reuse a card in a single round, the card will explicitly tell you to exhaust it. So you can use a Flashlight as long as you have charges and actions.

Aaron

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Zack
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.