Popular Tags: [View All]
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game’s just collecting dust, awaiting the balance fixes. Any ETA?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cory Kneeland
United States
Beaumont
Texas
flag msg tools
A game with family is my true happiness
badge
Gotta love the duck!
mbmbmbmbmb
Open it. Play it. Wonderful game. Solid mechanics. We won on the easiest setting. Super fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What difficulty fix do you need? We talked about all sorts of ideas in another thread. For me, it's simple enough to just find the right difficulty level for the game with what they have in the box. This varies with player count though. The more players, the easier the game seems to be. So I can't just always play on HARD, for example. That and my refusal to play Steelheart's research by the rules seems to work out fine most of the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoang Pham
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also try starting out with 1 or 2 less white dice. Easy DIY fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can review other threads. We have found it impossible to lose on the hardest setting. Not interested in DIY. Designer mentioned fixes pending.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're finding it impossible to lose on the hardest setting, I find it hard to believe that you're playing all of the rules correctly. It's likely worth a careful re-read of the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
You can review other threads.

joeyman3 wrote:
I find it hard to believe

Designer wrote:
Most commonly we can win on sparks with about 20 lives left. Even with a Abraham/Tia combo with less containment and enforcement removal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joey Larsen
United States
Orem
Utah
flag msg tools
The Joeymans chose one to lead them.....The Joeyman
badge
Anyone who thinks that Avatar is a guy with a blue face needs an airbender
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if the designer said it, then there it is. Self esteem drops ten points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Anthony mention we will likely release a left side board for each player count that will add an easier and harder values to better accommodate different play levels.

Here's the likely values for the 2 player count. For some of you, this is still beatable, but that's not really to point to lose every time, but you shouldn't also win every time either.

3 - Kill population (one more than sparks)
1 - Discover Reckoners Base (One more than sparks)
3/3 - Enforcement (In groups of 3) (once more than sparks and one bigger
group size.
0 - Barricades (Same as sparks)

We been focusing on the expansion, but we do play to have to full array of player count values for both an extra hard and extra easy difficultly level for the next kickstarter. Thanks for your continued interest and patience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Seth - We had tried those values (2p 3/1/3/0) several times previously, and still hit "lockdown" mode, around 5-6 turns before we finished it out. And we would have survived another 5-6 turns additionally, even if we didn't end it at that point. And, I still have concerns re: MedKit!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
seth van orden
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LemonyFresh wrote:
Thanks Seth - We had tried those values (2p 3/1/3/0) several times previously, and still hit "lockdown" mode, around 5-6 turns before we finished it out. And we would have survived another 5-6 turns additionally, even if we didn't end it at that point.

And, I still have concerns re: MedKit.

Can you do this every time? I'm guessing you won't be able to. Only with the right items and rolls for your given strategy. Once again, it is ok to win some of the time. Last time we talked via email you mentioned you had tried it once with this result. Have you tried it more since then?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure, I wouldn't want to lose all the time, either. A target of roughly 50-50 +/- 15% seems reasonable.

We went 3-0 with those values, and then packed the game away again. Though, for each time we had the MedKit in the first half of the deck. If it comes down to a 50-50 split just on whether or not Medkit is in top or bottom half of the deck, that is unsatisfying.

We have racked up a ton of games now prior to packing it up, often in painstaking fashion, just in the name of providing feedback / increasing our own sample size. At this point, though, we just kinda want to play a fixed version!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert R
msg tools
mbmbmb
Same issue here. We win the game all the time. Reread the rules x times.

Even with the suggested adjustment board we didn't lose a single game with 2 players. We fixed it with the house rule, that every epic starts new on the 2nd spot in its track. And we set the start enforcement to 4.

Sadly enforcements are never a real danger in standard difficulties.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ragnar Jürlau
msg tools
mbmbmb
You COULD try and nerf Medkit to heal 1 population, instead of two, or just maybe try playing a game or two without it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess we'll see what they come up with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Schmidt
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
badge
Designer of Titans of Steel - www.titansofsteel.de
mbmbmbmbmb
Wasn't the game playtested properly ? I wonder how such obvious imbalances were missed.

Hope Onimaru will be more challenging.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
So I can't just always play on HARD, for example.
Me neither, especially as I get older.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Rubbo
United States
Philadelphia
PA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LarkinVB wrote:
Wasn't the game playtested properly ?

I've held back from asking this question, because, while I'm curious, the answer doesn't really matter. There could be any number of reasons what it wasn't, and it's in the past. I met them at a convention; they seemed like good people.

I was more interested in what is happening now to aid backers who have experienced this problem. The answer is, they are focusing more on the next product to crowdfund at the moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.