MGS
United States
Weston
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Finishing Blow
mbmbmbmbmb
You can’t really use the Giant Sloth on non-untamed turns also because it is illegal to discard untamed cards on an Sanctum turn, for example.

My question is: if I reap with commander Remiel, can I use the Sloth? I know I can’t discard an untamed card and the question is if Remiel’s reap ability trumps the Sloth’s condition/requirement. I guess not. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Always useful to link the cards in question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marius Roth
Germany
Wistedt
Lower Saxony
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

I would say "no". You need to discard an Untamed card, to use the Sloth.

Remiel only allows you to use a non-sanctum card on a sanctum turn, but the restriction from Giant Sloth still persists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Durst
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Astartus wrote:

I would say "no". You need to discard an Untamed card, to use the Sloth.

Remiel only allows you to use a non-sanctum card on a sanctum turn, but the restriction from Giant Sloth still persists.

Agreed, I would say you could not use the Sloth this way. Unless you also somehow are able to discard an Untamed Card via card effect (perhaps a Sanctum maverick Sloppy Labwork?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Contig
United States
flag msg tools
(this is not a hint)
badge
(this is still the old picture and I am too lazy to update it)
mbmbmbmbmb
The issue appears to be that one says you can use it, and another says you cannot.

My own feeling is typically cannot wins over can. For example, this is the case in Android Netrunner. I think "use" in this case simply tries to override the house restriction, rather than other restrictions the creature being ready, or card specific restrictions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Sullivan
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 7 from the rulebook:

"When using a card via a card ability, any other requirements of using the card (such as exhausting to reap, fight, or resolve its “Action:” ability) must be observed, or the card cannot be used."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beau Bocephus Blasterfire
United States
Berrien Springs
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SupaGerm wrote:
Page 7 from the rulebook:

"When using a card via a card ability, any other requirements of using the card (such as exhausting to reap, fight, or resolve its “Action:” ability) must be observed, or the card cannot be used."

Gotta love it when people quote the rulebook. While I appreciate other people's responses, these are the responses that I appreciate the most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.