Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs: A Gemstone Mining Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Two Player Variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Gary M
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
This is a variant my wife and I came up with to play a team of dwarves against each other.

Setup:
-Each player takes 2 Dwarves and 2 Mine Carts, but only 1 Chest.
-Each player draws a hand of 7 cards that can be used by either of their dwarves.
-Randomly decide a first player, and alternate turns (Player 1 - Dwarf A, Player 2 - Dwarf A, Player 1 - Dwarf B, Player 2 - Dwarf B). We used the dwarf tokens to keep track of the round, flipping them over as we went. When a dwarf leaves the mine they are removed from the turn order.

Gameplay:
-Your dwarves share your hand of cards.
-Follow the text on the action cards. When one of your dwarves plays a card on "another dwarf" you can target your teammate dwarf. There's actually some fun strategy playing cards on your own Dwarves.
-Each Dwarf mines gems to their own cart. If they get two obsidian, only that Dwarf has an accident and gains an Experience token. ie You can keep playing with your second dwarf if he hasn't left the mine.
-When you go to trade in gems, your two dwarves pool their gems for scoring, but they share only the one Chest for storing gems.
-When a dwarf leaves the mine, it only scores the gemstone bonus if it has all of the gems needed (ie if the gems for the bonus are split between both of your dwarves, you only score the bonus once they've both left)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.