Popular Tags: [View All]
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The SENSORY FOCUS and HYBRIDS Adaptations both specify Primary "tile", not "site", so are the following tiles still eligible for these Adaptations:

Q1: A Primary Tile that was placed on a Secondary Site due to SPECIAL DISCOVERY? [I am going with YES]

Q2: An Alien Tile that was placed on a Secondary Site due to a SPECIAL DISCOVERY pulling an ALIEN CULTURE CONTACT from the Primary Discovery pile? [I am going with NO]

Q3: An Alien Tile that was placed on a Primary Site due to ALIEN CULTURE CONTACT? [I am going with NO]

I suppose another way of asking this question is which of these is considered a Primary tile?
1. Only tiles with Primary Site on one side (like Q1).
2. Any tile that ended up on map due to a Primary tile (like Q2).
3. Any tile on a Primary Site (like Q3).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WBRP wrote:
The SENSORY FOCUS and HYBRIDS Adaptations both specify Primary "tile", not "site", so are the following tiles still eligible for these Adaptations:

Q1: A Primary Tile that was placed on a Secondary Site due to SPECIAL DISCOVERY? [I am going with YES]

Q2: An Alien Tile that was placed on a Secondary Site due to a SPECIAL DISCOVERY pulling an ALIEN CULTURE CONTACT from the Primary Discovery pile? [I am going with NO]

Q3: An Alien Tile that was placed on a Primary Site due to ALIEN CULTURE CONTACT? [I am going with NO]

I suppose another way of asking this question is which of these is considered a Primary tile?
1. Only tiles with Primary Site on one side (like Q1).
2. Any tile that ended up on map due to a Primary tile (like Q2).
3. Any tile on a Primary Site (like Q3).

I think you are correct; primary tiles are those tiles that have 'primary' written on the back site. What site they end up on is irrelevant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It seems simplest. Also, if you have SENSORY FOCUS and have chosen to draw the Alien Culture Contact, you only get to draw one Alien tile, not two as if it they were Primary tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Alta Loma
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right, your choice in the case of Sensory Focus is choosing whether to take the Primary tile that instructs you to draw an Alien tile, or some other Primary tile. Alien tiles are listed separately from Primary tiles in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.