3 Posts

Duelosaur Island» Forums » Rules

Subject: Mix DNA rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Peacock
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules don’t clarify the DNA mixing. If I mix a basic worth 3 and another basic at 2, do I get an advanced at 5?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christy Love
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 10 of the rulebook:

MIX DNA
To mix DNA, you must discard a park card from your hand. Then, you may
either convert any 2 basic DNA into any 1 advanced DNA. or convert any 1 advanced DNA into any 2 basic DNA. Adjust the DNA tracks on your company board accordingly.

With the example you provided, you should only increase an advanced DNA one step. I'm assuming your level on your advanced dna was at 4 before you considered mixing. So it's 2 basic (decrease) for 1 Advanced (increase) OR 1 Advanced (decrease) to any 2 basic (increase).

Don't forget you need to discard a park card when mixing DNA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich A
United Kingdom
London
NW London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JaspeLoedm wrote:
The rules don’t clarify the DNA mixing. If I mix a basic worth 3 and another basic at 2, do I get an advanced at 5?

I don't think the DNA have individual values assigned to them. There are simply 3 basic DNA icons and 3 advanced icons. No values attached, except for mixing where 2 basic equals l advanced.

Each step on the track is an individual DNA. Any 2 basic DNA can be swapped for any single advanced DNA.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.