Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
If given the option, I would prefer to play with the green pieces, please.
badge
I have two new 9 Card Games: 300 Spartans and Franky's 1st Christmas
mbmbmbmbmb

2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest

Contest Winners Announced

Table of Contents for this Post
Contest Rules
* Important Dates
* Volunteer Feedback Dates
* Explanation of Contest Dates
* Game Entry Requirements
* GDCR - Game Design Contest Resource
* Entry Limits
* Contest Participation
* Game Licensing
* Game Design
* Game Components
* Game Submission
* Example Entry Thread
Volunteer Players
* Volunteers Assignments
* Special Rules for Volunteers
* Categories
* Voting
Prizes
* Microbadge Award
* General Prizes
* Category Prizes
Links
Recommendations
Electronic Implementations
FAQ
License for Contest Rules

Contest Rules
Important Dates
Earliest Date for Games to be Publicly Available (Contest Start Date): January 6th, 2019
Entry Deadline: March 31, 2019 11:59 PM (MST)
Typo Corrections Deadline: April 07, 2019 11:59 PM BGG Time (MST)
Categories Locked: May 04, 2019
Voting Page Available (on GDCR): May 05, 2019
Voting Deadline: May 13, 11:59 PM (MST)

Volunteer Feedback Dates
Entry Deadline to Get Volunteer Feedback: March 03, 2019
Volunteer Feedback Deadline: March 18, 2019

Explanation of Contest Dates
Earliest Date for Games to be Publicly Available
This is the earliest date that a game can be made available online and still be eligible for the contest. Games that are going to be entered in this contest may not be made available publicly for download on BGG or other websites prior to this date. The purpose of this is prevent some designers from getting months or years of public feedback while others get much less. This also keeps the focus of the contest on new games rather than old designs.

Entry Deadline
Games for the contest must be entered by the Entry Deadline. All games entered in the contest must be announced on the contest thread, have a WIP thread, and be entered in the GDCR by this date. No new games may be entered after this date. Any game entered after this date will be removed from the Entry List.

All games must be in a Component Available Phase or Contest Ready Phase by this date to be entered. Any game that is still in the Idea Phase on the Entry Deadline will be automatically withdrawn from the contest.

Corrections Deadline
Games entered in the contest have a one week buffer period to make corrections in case of typos or minor component errors. After this date, the games must remain completely unaltered for the remainder of the voting period.

Categories Locked
Games and designers must be assigned to their final categories by this date. No changes are allowed to the categories after this date.

Voting Page Available
This is the date that the voting forms will become available on the GDCR.

Voting Deadline
Votes will be accepted from when the Voting Page is made available on GDCR until the Voting Deadline. No votes will accepted after this date.

Game Entry Requirements
The games in this contest are required to fit within the following parameters:

1 Exactly 9 Cards printed on A4/Letter paper. The preferred layout is a 3x3 grid - although other layouts are acceptable. The cards must be standard poker sized (approximately 2.5 inches x 3.5 inches / 63.5mm x 88.9mm) You may use both sides of the cards. The back side of the cards can be used for gaming purposes (i.e. both the front and back of the card are used in game play), a game logo, or be left blank (i.e. The games are not required to have card backs).

The cards may serve any game purpose. For example, cards may be used as the game board, playing pieces, random events, etc.

With the exception of the Legacy Category (see the Category section below), games may not require players to cut, bend, or mutilated the cards.

2 A4/Letter size PDF rules sheet(s) - There is no restriction on the number of pages in the rule book. The rule book may have reference information, charts, diagrams, and tables, but it may not be used as a game component. This means you can't place components on it or have it act as a component during game play. (i.e. The player should be able to play the game without the rule book once the rules are learned.)

3 The games entered in the contest should be new. To be eligible for this contest, a game must meet the following criteria.
The game cannot have been entered in a previous contest. Games that were entered in previous contests but not completed (i.e. Withdrawn or Uncompleted Entries) are still eligible to be entered in this contest.
The game cannot be publicly offered for download on BGG, a WIP Thread, or other websites prior to the Earliest Date for Games to be Publicly Available. The game may be described and discussed online so long as it is not actually available for download.
The game cannot be entered into other current contests. After this contest ends, you are free to enter your game in other contests provided it is allowed in their respective rules.

4 You may not publish or launch a crowdfunding campaign for your entry during the contest timeframe. (Once the contest is done, you may take steps to publish your game entry but please do not do so until voting in the contest has completed.)

5 Designers need to have full legal right over the games entered into this contest. Games should not contain artwork or characters that are protected by copyright or trademark without permission from the owner. Games may include content protected by Creative Commons or Copyleft licenses so long as the rules regarding redistribution and derivative works are followed. Artwork or characters in the public domain are of course allowed.

6 All game files should be freely available online for the duration of the contest. Game files may be hosted on your own web server or online storage sites such as Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, etc. The files must be freely available to anyone with the link and users should be able to download them without needing to create an account on the hosting service.

E The games may also use a limited number of optional components, which are discussed in the Game Components Section below.

GDCR - Game Design Contest Resource
This year, all games must be entered into the Game Design Contest Resource (GDCR). In this website, you can select categories for your game, sign up to be a volunteer playtester, mark the games you've played, and vote at the end of the contest. Loading your game into this website is a requirement. It will help me manage the contest more effectively and allow you to more easily alert me to changes in your contest categories, description, etc.

GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 01 Creating a GDCR Account
GDCR Instructions - 02 Adding Your Person Account
GDCR Instructions - 03 Setting GDCR Link Preferences
GDCR Instructions - 04 Adding a Game to the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 05 Adding Categories in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 06 Editing a Game in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 07 Finding Game Info in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 08 Finding Contest Info in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 09 Voting in Polls and Viewing Results
GDCR Instructions - 10 Logging Plays (Interactions) in the GDCR
GDCR Instructions - 11 Final Voting in the GDCR

There is a discussion guild on BGG where you can post questions or comments specifically about the GDCR.

Entry Limits
To help keep the number of games manageable and playable within the voting time limits, there will be a restriction on the number of games entered. Each designer or team of designers is limited to two entries in the contest.

Contest Participation
While the end result of the contest is a geekgold prize, the goal of the contest should be to design the best game possible and help others do the same. The contest is much more enjoyable when you participate with other designers and provide feedback for their designs.

For each game entered in the contest, designers should try to play at least three of the other entries. This will help you meet other designers and you will find that many of them will return the favor and play your game. However, I know that schedule conflicts and other issues may arise so while playing other games is strongly encouraged, it is not a requirement.

When interacting with others, please be friendly and kind to each other. This contest is welcoming to everyone. I will not tolerate any racist, sexist, or otherwise bigoted behavior.

Game Licensing
Designers may release their game under any license they deem appropriate. This can include full Copyright Protection, a Creative Commons license, or release into the Public Domain. The only requirement for the contest is (obviously) that anyone should be able to legally print and assemble their own copies for personal use.

Regardless of license type, the games in this contest must be freely available as PNP for the duration of the contest. Once the contest is over, the designer is free to remove the PNP edition of the game so that the game can be published or sold using a pay-for-PNP model. Designers retain all rights to their games under whatever license is appropriate.

Game Design
There are no specific theme or mechanic qualifications for this contest. The game mechanics, theme, and amount of randomness are left to the discretion of the game designers.

Team design work is allowed for this contest. You can have multiple people working on a single game as designers, artists, play-testers, etc.

Game Components
Each game entered in the contest may optionally use up to a total 18 of the following components.
d10-1 Cubes.
d10-2 Coins. You may use a use a different sizes of coins in your game. (i.e. a US dime, nickle, and quarter.) Be mindful of international players when designing games with two sided coins.
d10-3 Paperclips. You may use metal or plastic clips in a variety of colors.
d10-4 Discs/squares.
d10-5 Meeples. You may use standard single color meeples from games such as Carcassonne.
d10-6 Dice. Only standard six-sided dice with plain pips are allowed.
d10-7 Crystals/glass beads. Versions that are commonly found in craft stores or other games may be used.
d10-8 Bags/cups. These can be used for randomly drawing other components. Bags and cups do not count toward the 18 component limit.
d10-9 A player aid. This may be a summary of the rules with key charts or diagrams used for quick reference during play. Player aids may not contain rules not found in the rule book or be used as components in play. Player aids do not count toward the 18 component limit.

For each of the above components, the following rules apply:
1 Components must be a single color. For example, individual cubes should not be green on some sides and blue on others. With the exception of coins, all components must be identical colors on all sides.
2 You may use some variety in the size and color of components (i.e. 3 small green cubes and 5 large blue cubes), but be aware that some players may not have access to a wide assortment of components.
3 Components must be unmodified. i.e. You may not use custom markings on the cubes or discs.

The 18 component limit may be made up of any combination of the above components. A few examples:
colonist 9 six-sided dice, 4 blue cubes, and 5 red cubes
colonist 2 small coins, 4 large coins, 3 plain metal paper clips, 5 red cubes, 1 green meeple, and 1 six sided dice in four colors.
colonist 5 blue cubes (note that you may have less than 18 components)
colonist 18 six sided dice and 2 cups (note that cups do not count toward the 18 component limit).

The following components are not allowed:
1 A pencil/pen. With the exception of games entered in the Legacy Category, no writing instruments are allowed. (This includes using writing down scores for a game. You must think of other ways to keep track of score using the components allowed.)
2 Custom components including tiles, counters, etc. The only PNP components allowed are the 9 cards.

Game Submission
Games entered in this contest must have a WIP/Entry Thread entered in the Board Game WIP Forum. The first post of this WIP/Entry thread should contain the following:
* A link to the 2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest (this thread)
* A two or three sentence Game Summary (this will be used in the Entry List)
* An image of the game (more than one is fine but at least one is required)
* Number of Players
* Description of Components
* Approximate Playing Time
* Categories in which the game will be competing.
* Links to the current game files. Rules and components should be in pdf format.

* All of the above information will be required in the entry thread. Any other info is at the designer's discretion. Please keep the first post in your WIP/Entry thread updated with current links and information about the game.
* Include the current status of your game in the Entry Thread's title. This will help other people know where you feel your game is in the design process.
1. Idea Phase (Private Playtesting. No publicly available printed components yet.)
2. Components Available (Public Playtesting. Printed Components are available. Game may be changed as a result of playtesting.)
3. Contest Ready (Game is complete and ready to be entered. The files cannot be changed outside of typo correction in this status.)

Don't forget to announce your game in this thread and enter your game in the GDCR after creating your WIP thread.

Example WIP/Entry Thread
Quote:
Entry Thread for Panda Quest - Components Ready

Designed for the 2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest.

Panda Quest
# of Players: 2
Game Time: 20 to 30 min

Components:
9 Panda Cards
Rule book
11 d6 dice (10 White and 1 Red)
7 cubes - (5 Red, 1 Yellow, and 1 Blue)

Panda Quest is a 2 player game. One player is the pandas and must try to collect all the bamboo cards by placing them in the correct order. However, the other player works for the Bamboo Preservation Society and doesn't want the panda to eat it all. That player will try to block the panda's progress be placing dice which temporarily modify die totals. The panda may use a special red die, a few Power Cubes, and a little bit of luck to overcome those obstacles.

I'd like the game to be entered in:
Best 2-player Game
Best Thematic Game
Best Artwork
Most Innovative Mechanic Category
Best New Designer
Best Written Rules

I'd like my game to be assigned volunteers if needed.

Download Links:
Rules
Game Components
Low Ink Version

Volunteer Players

I’d like to ensure that each entrant receive fair consideration for the voting and also gets feedback for their design - which can be far more valuable than any geekgold prize. To accomplish this, the contest will use volunteer players to play any games that are not getting feedback or players.

I will evaluate the entries in the contest and determine which ones are getting feedback on their own and which ones and which ones need some additional help. If a game doesn’t have a sufficient amount of quality comments, I will assign two or three volunteers to play the game and post feedback and a session report. This will hopefully help the designer make improvements to the game and also increase interest of other players. If a game has received quality playtest feedback from at least 3 to 4 separate people, I will not assign it to a volunteer.

The volunteers will provide constructive criticism about the game and comment on what works well and what doesn't. They'll also provide a brief session report and pictures of the game in play. My hope is that this will help to create interest in the games for other players and that the designers will get feedback from a wide variety of players.

Important Note for Designers: The Volunteer Program is Opt-In. When entering a game in the contest, you must clearly specify if you will accept volunteer players or if you would prefer not to. (You can do this by a check box on the GDCR.) I realize that not every designer will want people to be assigned to their game. If you do not opt-in, volunteers will not be assigned to your game.

Important Note for Everyone: The Volunteer Program exists to help games that aren’t generating attention. It is not intended to replace the community playtesting that has always existed in this contest. Please continue to play and comment on games that interest you. Please do not stop playing games just because this program exists.

Volunteers Assignments
The volunteers will be assigned on the date indicated at the top of this post. These volunteers will have three weeks to play your game and should post feedback to your by the volunteer feedback deadline. This will give you time to use that feedback to make improvements to the game before the voting deadline.

To participate in the volunteer program, designers must have their game entered with playable PNP components available by the Entry Deadline to Get Volunteer Feedback. I cannot guarantee volunteer feedback before the voting phase after this time.

Special Rules for Volunteers
Volunteers will register on the GDCR (an account there is required to participate). Volunteers can choose the number of games and players that they will realistically be able to playtest.

I will assign games to volunteers based on the restrictions and requests they make. Volunteers will not be able to choose specific games. However, volunteers can select one game they are really not interested in playing. For example, if a volunteer really didn't like zombie games, he or she could request to not be assigned a game with that theme.

I will be contacting volunteers before the program begins to make sure they’re still available to be assigned games. There will be a special microbadge for people who volunteer.

Volunteers will be able to vote for their favorite games in a special category only available to them. Volunteers are also eligible to receive the Best Playtester Award.

I will link the volunteer sign up form here when it is available.

Categories
In addition to the grand prize, there are several special categories that games may optional enter into. With the exception of Best Overall Game, each category is opt-in. To enter a category, you must select that category for your game on the GDCR.

d10-0d10-1 Best Overall Game
d10-0d10-2 Best Solitaire Game
d10-0d10-3 Best 2-player Game
d10-0d10-4 Best 3 or more player Game
d10-0d10-5 Best Thematic Game
d10-0d10-6 Best Wargame
d10-0d10-7 Best Dexterity game
d10-0d10-8 Best Written Rules
d10-0d10-9 Best Original Artwork
d10-1d10-0 Best New Designer
d10-1d10-1 Most Innovative Mechanic Category
d10-1d10-2 Best Low Ink Game Category
d10-1d10-3 Best Card only game "no components"
d10-1d10-4 Best Legacy Game
d10-1d10-5 Best Playtester
d10-1d10-6 Volunteer Prize

Best Overall Game
This is the grand prize of the contest. All games are automatically entered into this category.

Best Solitaire Game, 2-player Game, and 3 or more player Game
The player count categories are designed for games that meet a specific player count. A game may meet other player counts but must have a dedicated mode for a specific player count to enter a category.
For example, a game designed for 2 players may also be entered as a solitaire game if it also has dedicated solitaire rules.

Best Thematic Game
This category is for games where the mechanics are closely aligned with a great theme. It includes Sci Fi, Horror, Fantasy, and Dungeon Crawlers. Really, there is no limit to what the theme can be as long it works well with the mechanics.

Best Wargame
This category is for games that simulate a conflict. This could be historical war, a fantasy battle, sci fi space combat, etc.

Best Dexterity Game
This category is for games that involve physical skill, balance, or coordination to play.

Best Written Rules
This category is for the best rule book in the contest. This includes rule clarity, rule book layout, and organization.

Best Original Artwork
This category is for games with original artwork created specifically for the game, either by the designer or another artist. Reuse of existing artwork does not qualify.

Best New Designer
This category is for games created by designers with no previous completed designs in any contest or games previously released. (An exception is made for designers who have only participated in the 24 hour design contests. They are still eligible for this category.)

Most Innovative Mechanic Category
This category focuses on mechanics (or combinations of mechanics) that make the game new and unique. When entering this category, please specify what mechanic you feel qualifies for the prize.

Best Low Ink Game Category
Games in this category should look nice and be playable when printed with a minimum amount of ink. Games may have both a full ink and low ink option and enter this category.

Best Card only game "no components"
This category is for games that use only 9 cards and a rulebook. No optional components are allowed. (i.e. no dice, cubes, etc.)

Best Legacy Game
This is a special category introduced this year. The category is for games that where the full experience is played out in a campaign that can only be played once without printing a new copy. (For example, Pandemic Legacy). This category comes with a few special rules:
A The nine cards may be modified during play. This includes tearing, folding, cutting, or marking them. However, you may not ever have more than 9 cards (i.e. you may not tear a card in half and use it as two cards).
B The optional 18 components (cubes, dice, etc) may not be modified during play.
C A common writing implement (i.e. pen, pencil, marker) is allowed for these games and does not count toward the 18 component limit. This may only be used for modifying cards and not for any other purpose. (i.e. Players may not use the pencil for score keeping or write on a separate sheet of paper.)
D You may indicate that portions of the rulebook that are not to be read until a certain in game condition is met. The rule book may not be used as a game component and all game play must remain on the cards. (i.e. You may not do something like a choose-your-own adventure style rule book.) The hidden sections should be things like additional or modified rules when a new character or scenario is unlocked in the game.
E Games entered in the Legacy category may still be entered in other categories.
F Only games specifically entered in the Legacy category may make use of these special rules.

Best Playtester
This is an award for the user who offered the best playtester and feedback in the contest. Designers and other contest participants will nominate users during contest voting.

Volunteer Prize
This is a special prize that only the Volunteer Playtesters may vote for.

Voting
There will be two full months available for participants to play the games. Aside from a one week window in which typo corrections can be made, no changes to the rules or components will be allowed during the voting period.

The voting form will be posted on the GDCR. Voting links and instructions will be posted on the available date.

When evaluating games, players may either print and assemble the games or use any electronic modules provided (such as Vassal or Tabletop Simulator).

Players are not required to play every game entered in the contest in order to vote.

The requirements for voting are as follows:
1 The voter must have a BoardGameGeek account that existed before the start date of the contest.
2 The voter must be an active participant in the contest. This means that the voter must read the rules and provide meaningful feedback to at least three games. The three games should be in addition to games that he or she designed or games which were designed by someone the voter knows personally. The feedback needs to be substantive (i.e. Comments should be more significant than saying something like "great game"). The comments can be questions about the rules, suggestions for improved play, or other insights about the game.
3 Voters are allowed to vote for games they designed. Please try to rank your game honestly compared with the other games.
4 Votes that do not meet these rules will be automatically disqualified and will not be counted.
5 Votes for only one game or other suspicious behavior may be disqualified.
6 If you are not able to meet these requirements due to special circumstances but would still like to vote, please contact me via geekmail to discuss the situation.

Prizes
Microbadge Award
Everyone who designs a game or votes in the contest will receive a 2018 9-Card Nanogame Print and Play Design Contest participant microbadge.

General Prizes
The prize pool is made up of geekgold from several sources:
Prize from me: 500 GG
Total in the General Prize Pool: tbd
To contribute to the General Prize Pool, please tip the Best Overall Game post below.

The general prize pot for each of the three main categories will be divided up among the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners in their respective categories using a 4:2:1 ratio.

Category Prizes
The prize pool for Category Prizes will be from the geekgold tipped to the Category posts in this thread. (Immediately below this post.) Category prizes will be awarded to the 1st and 2nd place winners using a 3:1 ratio. A game can potentially win more than one category. For example, the winner of the Best Dexterity Game may also be the winner of Best Wargame.

Links
There is a thread to discuss the rules of this contest.
2019 9-Card Game Design Contest - Discussion Thread

There is a BGG Family for 9 Card Games. There you can find links to previous contests and all contest games that have been added to the BGG database.
9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Family

Recommendations (Not Required)
Games should optimally have a Low Ink alternative so people can try them without using too much printer ink. This could be a version without graphics or a greyscale version.

While the end result of the contest is a geekgold prize, the goal of the contest should be to design the best 9-Card game possible and help others do the same. The contest is much more enjoyable when you participate with other designers and provide feedback for their design. I recommend playing at least one or two games for every one game you enter. I realize that real life can get in the way sometimes so this isn't a requirement, but try to help others out if you can and they will likely do the same for you.

Electronic Implementations
Vassal and Tabletop Simulator versions are allowed in this contest and are the preferred method for creating electronic version of the games entered. Designers are free to create electronic versions for their games but must provide PNP components as well. To be clear, building an electron version is optional and is not a requirement for entering the contest.

If you would like to volunteer to make Vassal modules or Tabletop Simulator versions of the games entered into the contest, please ask the designer and artist for permission before creating one. Designers can also preemptively explicitly grant or deny permission for others to create electronic versions of their work. You may not charge any money to create an electronic version of a game.

FAQ for New Users
If you are new to BGG, I have prepared a guide to help introduce you to everything you need to know to enter a game into this contest.
Design Contest FAQ for New Users

Topics:
01. Where to Find Contest Rules
02. Creating an Entry Thread
03. BGG Formatting
04. Creating Links to Your Entry Thread
05. Adding Your Entry to a Contest Geeklist
06. Editing a Post and Updating the Title
07. Linking to External Sites (for game components)
08. Adding Pictures to Your Entry Thread
09. Subscribing to Your Entry Thread and Seeing New Replies
10. Replying and Quoting Other Posts
11. Optional: Buying an Avatar
12. Optional: Adding Your Game to BGG
13. Optional: Adding Your Game to the Contest Family
14. Optional: Adding Yourself as a Designer
15. Optional: Thumbing and Giving Geekgold to Posts
16. Optional: Choosing a License for Your Game
17. Optional: Free Art Resources for Your Game
18. Optional: Adding Your Game Entry to Your Quickbar

License for Contest Rules
The contest rules are released under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License. You are free to use and modify the rules for your own noncommercial contests or other projects. Please credit Chris Hansen as the original author when using these rules. This license applies only to the contest rules. It does not extend to the games entered or to the individual posts made on the contest thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Design Contest Resource
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest - Entries List
Entries List for the 2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest

The Entries List is generated from data in the GDCR. Please use that resource to enter your game in the contest and keep its information up to date. Instructions can be found in the GDCR Guild. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help. This is an autogenerated post and only runs once per day. Changes that you make in the GDCR will appear here in the next update.

Contest Ready

12 Patrols (formerly 12 Offerings) (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Scott Allen Czysz (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
12 Patrols is a solo abstract strategy game where the player creates a 3x3 grid of region cards and places patrols of dice and/or cubes between each card to meet the security requirements of each region. Place all 12 patrols satisfactorily to win.

2 Nations (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Dragoslav Obucinski (BGG) (GDCR)This game is designed for two players. The goal of the game is to reach the 3rd level on the Nation card. The winner is the player whose nation first reach the target. In order to succeed, players have to choose the best way for development. Developments also include bonuses that make progression easier.

9 Card Campaign (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Glenn Ford (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Glenn Ford (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
9 Card Campaign is a full dungeon delving adventure campaign in just 9 cards. Your heroes will grow in power and experience along with the difficulty of their quests until a few hardened veterans struggle their way to glory.

9-Bit Dungeon (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: zombocom (BGG) (GDCR)
9-Bit Dungeon is a 9 Card Roguelike, with a randomly generated dungeon with over 1500 possible layouts, four increasingly difficult levels, random enemies and events, and shops full of upgrades.

9-Card Circus (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: acharlie1377 (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Janine Viglietti (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: acharlie1377 (BGG) (GDCR)
9-Card Circus is a solitaire in-hand management game. You need to manage the needs of your burgeoning circus, while creating the most sensational act the world has ever seen! NOTE: the art for this game was designed by Janine Viglietti (BGG user thevig), not myself.

Agents of S.M.U.S.H. (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: Matt Clapham (BGG) (GDCR)
An asymmetric 9-card game of sassy '70s agents and diabolically defended bases for 2 players.

The Alpha (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Javier Pascual (BGG) (GDCR)
The Alpha is an abstract strategic two players game where you have to prove that you are the Alpha. To do that, you must influence people - represented by dice - to be near of you, and don't let them think you are the Omega. Also, you should try to figure out who your opponent is, to get the people away from him. The player with more people near at the end of the game will be The Alpha.

Anag-run (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: Baglio92 (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In this game you have to try to take the right tokens before the other players, as soon as the letters that make up the name of one of the colors of The game will be on the table.

Animal Fight (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: BogusKoszalka (BGG) (GDCR)A little crazy battle between animals.

Ave, Imperator! (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Marcel Khler (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Marcel Khler (BGG) (GDCR)
Ave, Imperator! is a gladiator arena combat game. By outmaneuvering, using the right actions at the right time and a bit of luck, you will defeat your opponent in the arena to gain your freedom from the emperor. Ave, Imperator, morituri te salutant!

Bad Letter (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Wyckyd (BGG) (GDCR)BAD LETTERS is a 2 - 4 player cooperative word game, where players together try to figure out what the bad letters are.Components: 9 double-sided cards with a consonant on them.At the start of a round, each player receives two cards. The first card you receive is your 'GOOD LETTER' - you can only ACCEPT words that contain this letter at least once. The second card you receive is your 'BAD LETTER' - you must always REJECT words containing this letter.The active player says any existing word. The players now indicate if they ACCEPT or REJECT it (based on their secret letters) with a thumbs up or down (or thumb sideways if neither reject or accept the word). Play continues to the next player clockwise, until someone finds a word that is accepted by everyone.

Be Mine (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Rachel Bruner (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You and a friend are sending Valentine's Day postcards to family and friends. Together you must try to send the same card to the same person. Specifically designed for children.

BGG 9-card Easter Eggs Hunt (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: BogusKoszalka (BGG) (GDCR)This is a game known in some countries to play in the yard in eastern. Now always available on the cards!

Burn the City (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Wyckyd (BGG) (GDCR)Burn the City is a two player game in which both players are vying for control of the city. The nine cards each represent a location in the City.Each player receives 3 locations at the start of the game, and the remaining three are auctioned off.Players use the location cards in their hand to bid, and can use each card in two ways: they can select a card and keep it, or burn it. When you keep a card, you get to place it in front of you, and your bid is quite low. If you burn a card, you have to discard it, but your bid is a lot higher. Cards can also have special abilities that trigger when they are used in an auction, when you gain them, or when they are in play.After the remaining three cards have been auctioned off, the game ends and players tally the victory points listed on the locations they control. The player with the most points wins!

Bury Me in the Rift (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Matthew Bishop (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Digital Version Available on :
Tabletop Simulator
Invasion! Your squad of 2 mechs must protect cities from giant monsters, while completing goals to earn upgrades across a 6-game campaign.

Cain's Legacy (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: darkrenown (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: darkrenown (BGG) (GDCR)
A combination of memory and abstract card matching is required to build up your farm, and also help destroy your opponents

Cat Corral (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Chuck Lemon (BGG) (GDCR)You are a pet sitter for the neighborhood cat lady, who has headed off on her dream vacation to Kathmandu. Upon her disappointing discovery that no actual cat-men reside there, she has booked the next available flight home. Meanwhile, during their morning care and feeding, youve managed to leave the front door ajar, allowing all the pets to escape. Catastrophe! Now you have just fifteen hours to wrangle all the fugitive felines or else face the fury of your cat-crazed client...

Chummy Chimney (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: John White (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You are a Chimney Sweeping company that deploys sweeps to work on rooftops in 1926 London. You often work the same chimney next to competing sweeps.

Circuit Breaker (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: DanSim (BGG) (GDCR)Designed by: Grant Frey (BGG) (GDCR)You are building your first computer to be able to play the latest game, Spreadsheet Simulator 2019. Work with nobody but yourself as you wrack your brain to build the optimal motherboard layout kitted with the latest and greatest components. Be careful, as you will need to plan ahead as your placements are permanent.

Clue Hunt (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: ColinGamagami (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: ColinGamagami (BGG) (GDCR)
A crime has been committed. Now a detective must solve the case before the culprit tampers with the evidence. As the detective, you must find all the clues to solve the mystery and reveal the culprit. As the culprit, you must tamper with the evidence to sabotage the detectives investigation.

Coba (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Steve Retks (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Steve Retks (BGG) (GDCR)
Coba is a microgame played with just 9 cards. In Coba, you will be placing cards in a 3x3 grid to create the Mayan ruins in Coba. Each card has four different ruins on it, as well as tourists and the native iguanas that populate the area. The resulting site will have 12 total rows and columns, 6 along dirt trails and 6 along gravel trails. One player will then score along the 6 lines of ruins along the gravel trails and the other player will be scoring the 6 lines of ruins along the dirt trails.

Condense the Code (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Christopher Melenberg (BGG) (GDCR)
Abstract. Puzzle. Solo. Legacy.You want to become an expert coder: flawless, bug-free, beautiful and simple code. So you head to University to master your skills.

Contraband (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Matthew Sciarabba (BGG) (GDCR)Contraband is a three player game where you are trying to blow up your friends in order to make it to the top. Players trade or diffuse card deals between themselves in order to keep from ending up with the bomb card. At the end of four rounds, players reveal their hands, and whoever has the bomb loses, while the other players gain Victory Points (VP). First to three Victory Points wins the game!

Corrupt Maze (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Jason L (BGG) (GDCR)
Corrupt Maze is a card-based game where players explore a procedural labyrinth with the goal of getting out alive-- unless they happen to be the one building it, in which case, not so much.

Criminal Callout (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: KingdomKey (BGG) (GDCR)
During the night a murder has been committed. You and the other players will be trying to determine who is the perpetrator. But be cautious, the murderer is among you. It is a 9 card game where each card helps you determine the culprit.

Cube Heist (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Brian Church (BGG) (GDCR)
In Cube Heist, players take on the role of rival gang bosses hoping to steal their way to the top of the criminal underworld by efficiently managing their underlings, expanding their influence, and ultimately scoring big by completing Heists. A worker placement game for 2 players, lasting around 60 minutes.

Dance Of Muses (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Baglio92 (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Designed by: David Trambusti (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Baglio92 (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Andrea Arbeteta Garcia (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Dance Of Muses is a 2-4 player board game, in which, all players move the 9 muses, trying to get the best results for their team.

Dice-scraper Builder (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Adrian McDevitt (BGG) (GDCR)Summaryice-scraper Builder is a two player game. The goal of the game is to build the tallest skyscraper of dice in five turns or until all resources have been used after the end of a turn. To build one's skyscraper, players will play resource cards to build his/her skyscraper. However, each player must look out for the other player, for he/she can use an action card to sabotage the production of the other player's skyscraper by either destroying parts (Sabotage) of the skyscraper or stealing parts (Mafia) of the skyscraper for themselves. A player can defend these parts with an Insurance (an Action Card) to defend his/her parts from Sabotage or Mafia. Also, there are a few cards that both have a Resource and an Action (Resource/Action cards). A player can use this card to either add dice to his or her skyscraper or perform one of the Actions, but not both.

Disputes for Dominance (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: tjcar1024 (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: tjcar1024 (BGG) (GDCR)
Disputes for Dominance is a medieval-era game about managing your influence over the two other players. It is a 3 player 9 card game where each player starts with 6 of their own influence dice, and the players take turns playing cards with the objective to gain as many influence dice as possible from other players while maintaining your own.

Empire (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Todd Sanders (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
At the turn of the century, build your industrial empire by constructing factories, hiring workers, producing goods and selling them for a profit. How rich will you be when you retire?

The Epic of Gil & Ennis (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Matthew Heiti (BGG) (GDCR)
"Teachers suck. Parents suck. People suck. Everything everywhere sucks. You're all I've got left." After a traumatic event, best friends Gil and Ennis run away from home and spend six nights dreaming in the wilderness, before climbing the perilous Mount Humbaba and confronting their own personal demons. Inspired by the Epic of Gilgamesh and The Goonies, THE EPIC OF GIL & ENNIS is a game for 1 or 2 players, playable in 15 minutes.

Escape From Meeple Hell (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Connor Riley (BGG) (GDCR)Escape From Meeple Hell is a 4 play team based game where each team controls one meeple. One player knows the route to escape while the other player takes the actions of the meeple. The player who knows the path to escape must help the player taking actions find the correct path.

Escaped Oddities (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Tony Yang (BGG) (GDCR)
Fantastical oddities have escaped from the Zoo of the Whimsical and have entered the 9 districts. You compete with another zookeeper in securing the districts where these oddities reside. Over a series of rounds, the first zookeeper to reach 100 points worth of oddities and districts win the game, ending the city-wide search and capture.

Everchange Dungeon (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Lowen Jeffery (BGG) (GDCR)The game is (surprisingly) a dungeon crawler in which the player takes control of a hero on a quest to kill the beast that is plaguing their town. Contains randomized (ish) dungeon layouts, many different encounters, and multiple bosses.

Fire & Fury (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Christopher Melenberg (BGG) (GDCR)
Solo. Legacy Game. You are Dragon. Bring the FIRE!

Flickering Shadows (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: feanaro23 (BGG) (GDCR)A horror themed deduction game. Use a limited hand to orient yourself in the constantly moving set of cards before you. Use your knowledge and wit to stay one step ahead of everyone else.

Flip n Hide (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Safetyglue (BGG) (GDCR)
Each card has a positive and negative effect. It's up to you to trick you opponent into letting you have the positive effects.

Fog Town (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: wxywing (BGG) (GDCR)
Fog Town is a game made up of 9 cards for 1-5 players: policeman, prisoner, rich-man, captain, and priest. In your turn, you can take one action by choosing two cards. You win the game when your role catches the target role first.

The Fountain (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Angel Vzquez (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Angel Vzquez (BGG) (GDCR)
Players are the spirits of Love and Fortune and they want to influence the people in this Kingdom to make a wish for their favor by tossing a coin into The Fountain.

Gemstone Poker (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Stuart Coyle (BGG) (GDCR)A three player bluffing game using three sets cards: Ruby, Emerald and Sapphire.Each set requires a different approach to winthe hand. The first player to win all the biddingtokens wins the game.

Gem_blenders.zip (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Steve Sekula (BGG) (GDCR)
Welcome to Gemlandia, a land whose culture, economy, and social structure revolve around gems. You and your opponent are Gem Blenders -- gifted individuals who have the special ability to combine the energies of gems to use powerful transformations called blends. Gem Blender battles are Gemlandia's most beloved pastime. In Gem_blenders.zip, 2 players face off against each other in a series of quick, action-packed rounds.

Growing Pains (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Chris Backe (BGG) (GDCR)
You're an evil scientist trying to grow monsters, which you call 'Pains' because that's what they'll unleash on the world! (If you're anything like my wife, you just groaned. Go on, get it out of your system.) Over the course of 8 rounds, you'll be planting monsters, adding water and compost to help grow them faster, then zapping them with electricity to bring them to life. Be careful, though - explosions and fires in the lab can destroy your specimens, and sometimes these little creatures can escape before they're ready to be evil! After 8 rounds, count up your score and see how well you did.

Gymnast (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: quantumpotato (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: quantumpotato (BGG) (GDCR)
Fling Gymnast cards onto your opponents'. Score points for each target point that covers their card. Quick drafting and bonus scoring gives this dexterity game variety.

HIT! (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Giampiero Randazzo (BGG) (GDCR)
Slipper or cockroach: which side do you on?

Hunter's Tally (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Peter Grichnik (BGG) (GDCR)A two player game where players find and hunt fantasy monsters with the goal of outscoring their rival

Hunters Mark (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Drago (BGG) (GDCR)
Hunters Mark is a 2 player, 9 card game where you want to hunt for the biggest game possible. The first to 3 beasts wins.

I Am Not Left-handed (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Christian Beck (BGG) (GDCR)
Tabletop Simulator
The best reason to be losing a sword fight is to get your opponent to underestimate you. In this bluffing game for two players, two fencers take swings at each other in attempts to discover their opponents strengths and weaknesses, but sometimes have to take a few on the chin to keep them guessing.

Jewel of the Undine Lords (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Todd Sanders (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Adventerous rogue, bold doer of deeds and student of majicks - you have sifted rumors and hearsay, delved deep in ancient libraries to find clues leading to the Undine Lords and their magical jewel, the one said to give all to the worthy? You ventured deep into lands no one had returned from. And one night, while camping at the base of old stone tower you were set upon by cloaked horrors. You fought bravely, but to little avail.You wake in a dark cell, stripped of weapons and gear...

Johnny Appleseed (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: benlocascio (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: benlocascio (BGG) (GDCR)
You face off against another farmer, and try to be the first person to plant all of your apples. As you travel across a landscape, you try to find available orchards to plant in, block your opponents progress, and plant the golden apple for victory

The Jungle (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Doug Guzman (BGG) (GDCR)Designed by: Gwen Collins (BGG) (GDCR)Capture, empower, and steal monsters as you forge a path through the jungle! In this 9 card game, you must prepare your ever-changing team of monsters, and destroy your opponent's team!

Kingdom Conquest (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Terrence Pledger (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Terrence Pledger (BGG) (GDCR)
In this game, the player aims to conquer the kingdom as quickly as possible. On their journey, they must face monsters to acquire tokens which are needed to recruit soldiers and take over the land.

Kitchen Disaster (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Mia (BGG) (GDCR)
Two player compete to see who can make the most recipes with the ingredient cards provided

Krazy Klimber (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Joseph Propati (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Joseph Propati (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In Krazy Klimber a giant Gorilla and his monkey minions have taken over a large building in New York City. You are the greatest Zoologist in the land and the city has hired you to tame the Gorilla and get the building back. Since the building has been taken over you must climb up the face of the building to reach the Giant Gorilla and take back the building. All the while the Gorilla and his monkey minions will be tossing thing down at you to try and knock you off the building.

Labyrinth Runner (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: Onthewayover (BGG) (GDCR)
In this in-hand, cards-only deck management game, you play a runner who is being chased by a rampaging Minotaur through a labyrinth. Navigate your deck of cards using the clues provided to find and open each door. If you open all 3 doors before being cornered by the Minotaur 3 times, you reach the center of the maze and escape!

Lead your Country (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Dragoslav Obucinski (BGG) (GDCR)The game is designed for 2 players. The player in this game takes the lead of a small country and he will try to make that country stronger and to win his rival in the game. Its necessary for the player to wisely improve his country, because changing the direction of the development of society disturbs the balance in society and then comes to revolution.

Legacy of the Land (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Caroline Berg (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A solo legacy game of homesteading in unknown lands.

Lemming Launcher (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: nerdboxx (BGG) (GDCR)
Lemming athletes of all stripes are teaming up to launch over the edge of competition cliffs around the world.Your goal is to free fall and land with enough skill (and dignity) to dominate the landing field and lead your squad of furry little rodents to international victory ... go team!! Earn Achievement Trophies for squad landing formations and landing pad area control -- the squad with the most trophies at the end of the game wins!

Machinists' Feud (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Tarnil Corvax (BGG) (GDCR)
In this game, your goal is to build a machine to overpower your opponent. You will have to manage your economy, choose when to upgrade certain aspects of your operation over others, and when to upgrade your machine. This game encourages a healthy combination of economical development and competitive upgrading to stay on top.

Mariner (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Gabe Wigtil (BGG) (GDCR)A one-player game celebrating the Mariner space probe program. Complete the seven successful Mariner missions before time runs out.

Mini Dungeon Dash (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: YYC146 (BGG) (GDCR)A dexterity game in which you escape a dungeon. Collect keys and find the exit, fight monsters, find loots, and manage to overcome curses. Race to escape as swiftly as possible before you are out of moves. Beware, the dungeon gets more and more unstable as you proceed! In the game, you stack tokens in a single pile to perform actions. If they collapse and fall out of the starting platform you lose tokens. If you run out of tokens you are out of moves.

Mountain, River, River, Sun (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Liberty Kifer (BGG) (GDCR)
An extremely simple game, with extremely simple rules, that will nonetheless test your powers of observation, planning, and focus. Try to match the sequence on the goal card with the larger symbols on your cards, while simultaneously preventing your opponent from doing it first with theirs. Trickier than it sounds

Mysterious Suitcases (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: mzmznyc (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: mzmznyc (BGG) (GDCR)
In this game you are two sneaky fellows stealing luggage off of a baggage claim in hopes of getting the rare artifacts from the foreign destinations that these tourist have previously been too. But alas these items are cursed which could end up very badly for you!

Nine Mysterious Sides (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Jesse Cashmer (BGG) (GDCR)
There are four people with nine possible sides to them, each player draws two cards and one remains face down. The players then need to decide which of them is the monster and execute them, or use their card's ability to gain points. Each player can play only one of their two cards to help prove themselves innocent or achieve their own personal agenda.

Ninja Samurai (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Eximeno (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Eximeno (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A little crazy battle between ninjas and samurais. Only 9 cards to kill all your enemies!

Pip Race (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Phillip Breja (BGG) (GDCR)
Grab your helmet and racing suites ladies and gentlemen, its racing time! Rev it up, burndown straight aways, slide around corners,and give the other racers something to worryabout in this 9 card racing game.

Pirate's Abyss (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Morgan Harrell (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Morgan Harrell (BGG) (GDCR)
Sink the enemy pirate ship by using strategy and a little bit of luck. Be careful of the disasters of the sea though.

Pixel Town (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: YYC146 (BGG) (GDCR)Players are engineers trying to build pixels on a 5x5 town and complete their secret order. Engineers are allowed to cooperate since the players near you can also get half the credit after you create your order. Beware, some tricky opponents might steal your order from you. May the best engineer wins.

The Potion Maker (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Joseph Propati (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Joseph Propati (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
You are the King's Master potion maker, but he's getting frustrated with your lack of progress in creating a special giant strength potion for his army. So, youve been commissioned by the King to create the magic potion or else. If you are unable to create the potion for the King, it's off to the dungeon with you! You know that it takes a lot of gold to purchase the special ingredients needed for the magic potion. Each potion you create will be valued in gold pieces and if you can create and sell enough potions to earn a total of 220 gold pieces, you will have enough gold to buy the special ingredients you need to create the magic potion. There are six potion types you can create and sell to other kingdoms across the land. As your workers travel the land they will collect potion ingredients for you to mix together to create any of the six potions and then use those same workers to sell each potion created. You can also use your workers to help in the potion creation process.

Princess Willowheart vs Bob the Dragon (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: PeterWilliams (BGG) (GDCR)Princess Willowheart is a quick dungeon-crawler, following the adventures of the princess to save her beloved prince from the evil Dragonlord, Bob. It relies on a push-your-luck mechanic to preserve your dice pool (representing strength and willpower to go on) whilst maximising the chance of success. It also has as much of a narrative as I could squeeze into 8 cards.

Professor Quidits Contrabulous Game of Steam Powered Football (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Glenn Ford (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Professor Quidits Contrabulous Game of Steam Powered Football is a 4 player game with players formed into two teams of 2. Players pass cards around the table trying to ensure that their team mate has both the player and ball necessary to score without handing their opponents scoring combinations. Play continues until someone holds the combination of cards necessary to capture the fast moving Clockwork Ender.

Railways (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Alban Viard (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Todd Sanders (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Sampo Sikiö (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In the middle of the 19th century, it is the time of the Industrial Revolution. Take advantage of the steam age and build your railroad empire by developing railroads, expanding buildings, and moving passengers to make the most profit.

Reaper (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Jchon E. Bahl II (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In Reaper, 2-3 players will assume the role of post-apocalyptic foragers, who are fighting over resources in order to fortify a base in his/her manor. During the game, players will balance actions for gathering resources, building mechs and board movement while competing over territory. The game ends upon a player reaching a total upgrade of his/her base and the winner is determined based on achievements.

Reptile Rumble (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: AKrenzel (BGG) (GDCR)This game is a 2 player battle game where select 1 of 4 different reptiles to battle one another. Each turn they will draw a random card from the bag that can be used as either a wearable-item or a consumable. The reptiles all have unique abilities that they can use to give themselves an edge over their competition whether they are hard-hitting abilities or poisonous attacks.Rules Available at: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1H_hKjQ9td3aJ4DoABdSiwtIpP6b... by Andrew Krenzel and Ashley Wielgos

Ring Tales (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Marek Kolcun (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Ring Tales is a colaborative game in which players try to tell a story about beings living on an isolated station while an unexpected and an significant event happens.

Rock, Paper, Scissors, Domino (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Amelie Le (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Amelie Le (BGG) (GDCR)
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Domino is a game of chance and wits. RPSD uses classic Rock, Paper, Scissors hierarchy with a Domino twist. During each round, players will play their cards domino style and try to knock out their opponent. The game is played in several rounds, until one player runs out of Health.

The Salish Sea (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Kevin Snell (BGG) (GDCR)
9 card solitaire medium weight dice game.Play as a Coast Salish tribe during the early 1800s, when trade with Europeans was increasing, raids by the Haida nation from the north were becoming more frequent and exposure to Smallpox was devastating populations.

Saloon Shootout (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: acharlie1377 (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: acharlie1377 (BGG) (GDCR)
In Saloon Shootout, you control a group of outlaws, trapped in a shootout with a rival gang. Your own members are wounded, and fading fast--will you be able to take out the oncoming gunmen before you're overwhelmed? In this single-player or co-operative skirmish game, you take turns moving your characters and attacking the enemy, while they attack you using a simple AI mechanism. Proper positioning and use of cover is vital to taking out the enemies, but you can't just hang back and let them come to you; your characters all take damage every round, so inaction will lead to defeat just as quickly as bullets.

Selling Paradise (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Alex Jebson (BGG) (GDCR)Each player runs a resort in a beautiful Pacific island. You will compete for holidaymakers with the goal to make your resort the most profitable.

Shape of U (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Doratong24 (BGG) (GDCR)
'Shape of U' is a memorization, deduction, and picturing game for 2 to 6 players. The goal of this game is simple, be the player who makes a capital 'U' (or any other letter).

Smoking Gun (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: RidleysMom (BGG) (GDCR)Smoking Gun is a 2 player game of bluffing and deception. A crime has been committed and in three days someone will be guilty! Draw and replace cards to gather information on what cards your opponents has in their hand in order to enter the trial with an iron-clad case. No matter how much information you have gathered, there is always the possibility of opposing interference ruining your well-laid plan.

Speed Dating (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Stephen G (BGG) (GDCR)
Two players roleplay with randomly assigned character traits, and ask questions of the other player in an effort to deduce which cards they have! Make your answers ambiguous (but honest) to limit how much information you give, so that you can end the date on your terms as quickly as possible.

Stone, Cloth, Blade (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Darlynn Best (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Darlynn Best (BGG) (GDCR)
A game similar to Rock Paper Scissors, but with a twist! This time it doesn't just matter what item you get, but also what type of item you get.

Sunrise in Moloka'i (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Onthewayover (BGG) (GDCR)
In this casual narrative legacy game, you will experience a series of short stories that all happen on the Hawaiian island Moloka'i before dawn. Each story will come with its own minigame challenge. Your results in each challenge will determine how the final story goes, the story of the sunrise.

SWITCHBOARD (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Mark Tuck (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
An abstract puzzle game of connecting telephone calls to their intended recipients.

Tic Tac Tactics (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Jesse Hickle (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Jesse Hickle (BGG) (GDCR)
From the ruins of the classically broken game of Tic Tac Toe arises a different way to play - Tic Tac Tactics. Beginning from the original's end game state, players will be trying to manipulate the Xs and Os to form different patterns in order to score the most points.

Timeless (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: ljorgensen (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Timeless is a two player game in which one player is a time traveler, looking to make sure history plays out the way it should. Unfortunately, this means they must make sure the great Robespierre dies as he should. The other player is Robespierre, understandably trying to stay alive. The two players must hold their influence over the applicable parties to sway them to their side-- or assassinate them, if need be. Allowing the other person to have the upper hand could lead to disastrous consequences.

To Turn, or Not to Turn (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: RobertL (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: RobertL (BGG) (GDCR)
In this 2 Player, 9-Card Game, you take turns choosing cards, and then deciding whether or not to turn said cards before flipping them over. You will earn points based on the values listed on the card, and the player with the most points after 4 rounds wins.

Trial with Error (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: MsRyan (BGG) (GDCR)
Its 2087 and you're presenting your teleportation invention for approval to conduct a study. Though you've successfully reached your destination, you have trouble on your return back. You'll need to put repair your machine to working condition, with limited resources if you want any chance of a safe return...or survival.

TRICO (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Jonas Lidström Isegrim (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Trico is a condensed and quick nine cards trick taking game with set collection used as scoring mechanism. Plays over four or more rounds until one player reaches fourteen points. In this game you use nine cards numbered from one to nine. Each card got either five or three different suit symbols of which some are larger than the other.

Under Falling Skies (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
With Design and Art by: uhlik (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Hostile alien mother ship is quickly approaching Earth. Mankind has been forced to seek shelter in underground bases to hide from a constant bombardment of the surface. As a leader of one of those bases, you have to develop a weapon able to destroy the alien for good while also expanding your base and dealing with enemy fighters. This solo highly thematic game may remind you of classic Space Invaders. Designed on solid euro-game foundations, it uses an innovative dice-placement mechanic combined with enemy movement, offering a challenging experience full of agonizing decisions.

Vie for the Throne (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: feanaro23 (BGG) (GDCR)The monarch sits on the throne surrounded by their Council; The Hand of the Monarch, The Captain of the Guard, and The Master of Spies.The nobles who hold these roles constantly shift and change loyalties. This creates an ever changing Council.The political climate is a balance of Diplomacy, Intrigue, and Military. You must shift this balance so that conditions are right for your noble to claim the throne.

Warp Speed! (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: JoCaBoGames (BGG) (GDCR)
Warp Speed! is a 2-player game in which both players are constantly shifting the 2x4 grid of cards using the 9th card. Fly through boosters in the right direction and end your turn at Warp Speed to win!

What happend in Astonzi? (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Taruka (BGG) (GDCR)
Art by: Taruka (BGG) (GDCR)
What happened in Astonzi is a mystery strategy game. This game is ment to be played by 3 people. Each one of them gets 3 cards with the written story. In order to win you need to defeat your two other opponents by getting their information.

Who Crashed The Party? (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Esa Seuranen (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Art by: Esa Seuranen (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Who Crashed The Party? is a deduction and memory card game using partially hidden information. Its a party you're invated to with your friend, but at some point of the evening you all realise that there's a party crasher among you. Better try to catch the social intruder and grab the glory of doing it before others manage to outsmart you to it.

Word Chain (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Mark Tuck (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A party game where players have to say a word that links to the previously said word, according to the rules shown on the cards they draw.

Zelazny' Stairways (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Yeei (BGG) (GDCR)This is a two-phase game. In phase 1, you create the game's universe and collect soldiers, couriers and weapons. In Phase 2, you aim to either destroy signs of evil and be crowned the true ruler or steal the crown for yourself and bring it back to you base.

Zombie Government (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Napcat (BGG) (GDCR)Designed by: Ishbi_Benob (BGG) (GDCR)Digital Version Available on :
Tabletop Simulator
Zombie Government is a 2 player card game where players attempt to complete a chain of 3 cards, while trying to prevent their opponent doing the same. Can you collect the votes you need to break the deadlock?

Games with Digital Versions

Tabletop Simulator
Bury Me in the Rift (Link)
I Am Not Left-handed (Link)
Zombie Government (Link)

Total Entries
Contest Ready: 97
Total Games: 97
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest - Withdrawn Entries
Withdrawn Entries for the 2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest

The Withdrawn Entries is generated from data in the GDCR. If you need to withdraw your game, please use the GDCR to edit your game and mark it as Withdrawn. Instructions can be found in the GDCR Guild. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help. This is an autogenerated post.

Idea Phase

9 Card Bunker Hill (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Chris Hansen (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In 9 Card Bunker Hill, you play the part of the British army trying to take Bunker Hill from the Colonist Rebels during the famous June 17, 1775 battle. You must advance your troops up Breed's Hill and take the fort. The colonist will be inflicting you with heavy fire and you must carefully decide how to move your troops. The historical battle was a Pyrrhic victory for the British and filled the Colonists with confidence. Can you do better and crush the American rebellion once and for all?

Albatross (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Tom Stessens (BGG) (GDCR)
Albatross is a game where 2 to 3 players are all albatrosses that are migrating towards their nesting ground. All albatrosses have about the same distance left to fly, but the first one to arrive will have first pick at the best nesting places. Obviously you will have to eat during your long journey, every bird should eat 2 times (in a 3 player game) or 3 times (in a 2 player game).But sadly the weather has not been in your favor and the wind keeps shifting! It's as if the wind changes every couple of hours. It's blowing pretty hard too and you can only stay on your course for about half the time.Let's hope any of you can make it to the nesting grounds....

The Awesomest Petting Zoo (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Tynes (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A roll & write game for 1 to 6 players where you compete to create the cutest, prettiest and awesomest petting zoo ever! Create fences, put in animals, score point. Quick play and suitable for all ages.

Blessing of the Gods (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Jacob_Welch_Bradley (BGG) (GDCR)
You play as a fledgling nation trying to attack other players nations with the help of your gods divine intervention.

Cigarette Quest: A Game About Real Life (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: zackberries (BGG) (GDCR)
Cigarettequest is a hidden roles game for 6-9 players. Playing randoms at a bar, players must interact with fellow players in real space and determine who among them has a cigarette that they can totally bum off off them. For the one player with cigarettes, you must figure out which players are you friends, who you came here with, and who is just trying to play nice to get a free smoke.

Dice Rally (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Michael Winger (BGG) (GDCR)
Players will guide their dice down a harrowing stretch of road littered with hazards and obstacles to avoid, while contending with the other racers. First to cross the finish line wins!

The Front 9 (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: muttonwar (BGG) (GDCR)
A 9 card dexterity golf game played with plastic discs.

The Invisibility Error (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Benjamin Osborn (BGG) (GDCR)Your master has worked for weeks to develop the perfect invisibility potion. It worked on the goblin... but where is it? Work together with your fellow apprentices to catch the Goblin before it unleashes havoc in this asymmetric game for 2-5 players!

The Janus Club ([thread=3124200]Entry Thread[/thread]) (GDCR)
Designed by: Peter Grichnik (BGG) (GDCR)A 2-4 player game set in a steampunk dystopia. Players draw a random character and must try and complete their Agenda, all the while contending with jumping between Light and Dark sides of themselves.

King Fisher (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Patrick Harper (BGG) (GDCR)
King Fisher is a 2-player game. Each player will try to out-fish their opponent. Some Fish have more value than others, but can be much more troublesome to catch.

Monsters vs Kids (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: GDCR Demo User (BGG) (GDCR)
In this game, monsters battle kids for control of the world. The game is fun!

Nano Hoops (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Daniel Nace (BGG) (GDCR)
Nano Hoops is a strategic game of 3-on-3 basketball. Coaches will set their players, the offense will call plays, and the defense will have to react to try to protect their basket. The first team to a certain score wins!

OTTOPIA (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Debonair Deviant (BGG) (GDCR)====Flavorful Description==== Dear Council Member,Ottopia is in disarray! Not only do we have to rebuild what was destroyed in the flood cause by the Beaverton Dam breach (dam beavers!), but the Mayor appears to have been washed away... Or at least we believe she was washed away, neither she nor her assistant has been seen in days The real tragedy is that the last trace anyone could find of her was a receipt for 2 tickets to Ottopoco, but her husband is still here so we know she must have been washed away before she could spring the surprise vacation on him! Anyway, back to the matter at paw, the Emergency Action Plan calls for the City Council Member with the most votes to take the mayors place in such an event. Unfortunately we currently have a tie between all of the Council Members! Now its your time to shine, so get out there and prove to the city that youre the best otter for the job! Youve got to shake paws, kiss babies, grease palms (Im not sure what that means but I hear its how you win over voters), and throw some parties to win the hearts and bellies of the Ottopia populace. With great admiration,Your Faithful Assistant ====Brief Description==== In Ottopia you select 1 of 4 City Council Members as they scramble to win voters in a bid for the recently vacated title of Mayor. Players select props (projects) to champion in a bid to win influence. Watch out though, because youre opponents will get a chance to sabotage your plans!

Queue of Colors (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: J de K (BGG) (GDCR)In this 2 player 9 card game players select action cards from a queue. Then the action cards are played in the order of the queue. Actions are used to get, transform and score colors. Selecting the right cards at the right time is the challenge!

Roll & Might (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: oddbod (BGG) (GDCR)A solo and multiplayer roll-and-write game that also uses a simple card-drafting mechanism. Build up your medieval city, including market stalls, your castle, and your armies to outperform your neighboring kingdoms.

Small Wars: Wee-bellion (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: newobj (BGG) (GDCR)
It's a miniaturized version of Star Wars: Rebellion.

SuperLove (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: robotec02 (BGG) (GDCR)
In this 9 card game, 2 or more players work together or against each other in order to secure the affections of their respective love interest. The players and the "prey" are represented by each card.

THIS NEW OCEAN (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Kalesin (BGG) (GDCR)
Game about the space race, where the player, controlling U.S.A. Space Agency, faces the Soviet Union and tries to lead the conquest of space and first man on the moon.You can manage space programs and meet objectives, depending on a budget that can increase or decrease according to the achievements during the game.

Tiny Pharma Wars (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Eitan Vardi (BGG) (GDCR)You are one of three Pharma companies chosen by The Big Pharma to test your Nano Medical Battle Bots (Designed to battle disease inside the human body). The three Bots will battle inside the blood vessels of an unsuspecting human volunteer, the surviving Bot wins the contract for his company.

Train Tumult (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: tylermakes (BGG) (GDCR)
Loosely inspired by the movie Snowpiercer, one to four players fight their way to the end of a train. The train has four levels. The first phase has players building the train from their cards. After that, they travel to the front of the train using an RPG inspired d6 skill test system that I'm still working out.

Untitled (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Matthew Roffey (BGG) (GDCR)
Basic premise is 2-3 players are trying to gain favour of four Sea Crite factions in order to gain the Neptune Throne.

Untitled 9-Card Evolution Game (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Keenlow (BGG) (GDCR)
In this 1-2 player action selection game, players represent single cell pre-Cambrian creatures. Over the course of the game, the players are responsible for seeing their creature through the epochs, guiding it on its unique evolutionary path. This game utilizes an evolving action selection system that changes as your creature evolves - as your creature evolves, so does its diet, mobility, habitat, and consciousness. Its your decision which limb of the evolutionary tree your creature climbs out on; will it be an epoch-hardened beacon of deep sea efficiency, or will you one day crawl out on land or ascend to the sky? The choice is (sort of) yours!

War Honor (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: LindyKnowsBest (BGG) (GDCR)
In this 9 card game, 2 players face off against each other with a sort of luck of the draw play style. Still working out the kinks on balancing the cards, but each card has its own set of ability's that will help defeat your opponent. Out smart your enemy and win the war.

Components Available

4XS (Entry Thread) (GDCR) (Game Page)
Designed by: Charles Ward (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Tabletop Simulator
The Universe has long been too sparse for the human race. We must now enter the multiverse. A breakthrough in dimensional travel has opened up pathways to parallel universes. Our mission is the first of its kind. Many more will follow.You command a space fleet headed by a state of the art Carrier. Your mission is to eXplore these new regions, eXpand your capabilities, eXploit Systems, and eXterminate those who try to stop you.Your whole life as a replicant, from creation to this very moment, has been planned. From here on, we must embrace uncertainty. Captain, your return may not be guaranteed, but the discoveries you make could be as infinite as the multiverse itself.Good luck, Captain. We await you return.

High North - Cold War (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Coffe (BGG) (GDCR)
High North Cold War is a 2-player wargame that takes place in Northern Europe during the Cold War. The game depicts an attack on Sweden by the Warsaw Pact as part of a strategic maneuver to secure control over the seaways around Scandinavia.

Land of Many Rivers (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Jeroen van der Valk (BGG) (GDCR)In this game, you, and only you, will start with 1 meeple, grow and spread your people across the "map" (the 9 cards), collect resources, develop technologies, and ultimately develop a civilization that is as high cultured as possible! Beware though, that you are not alone in this Land... Rival meeples will try to nip your civilization in the bud! Not only that, natural disasters may break your tenuous foothold on newly inhabited land...

R.O.S.E.: The Power Trials (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Tim Gagen (BGG) (GDCR)
Fredrick Moore, known as the most powerful man on earth, has passed away. With his passing his fortunes are up for grabs, but theres no one to inherit it. Its publicly released that Dr. Moore had chosen two candidates to inherit his wealth.

Rollustration (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Adam Rehberg (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
A drawing party game with Roll & Write mechanics. You don't need to be creative or need to be an artist to connect the dots, lines, and shapes... Just draw what was rolled and try to get your opponents to guess your clue. Be an artist and a critic, and be better at guessing your opponents "Disasterpieces" to win at Rollustration!

Shores of Vinland (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Jamie Thul (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
In Shores of Vinland, two players control Vikings as they explore, settle, and establish trade in the new world, dubbed Vinland for its wild grapes and fertile soil. Players strategically build the landscape of the uncharted land by placing cards, place villages to claim the best regions, and connect to other regions to begin trade. Players can claim multiple regions with a single village, but this may weaken their hold on the land.

Skadi (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Jeremy Clewell (BGG) (GDCR)
Skadi is a solo roll-and-write game in which you attempt to bring your family of four through the perils of a 10th century Scandinavian winter. You will face starvation, illness, brutal weather and the desperate raids of neighboring clans. If at least one family member survives all 16 weeks of winter, you may tally your score.

Space Probes: Pioneer and Voyager (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Gabe Wigtil (BGG) (GDCR)Space Probes: Pioneer and Voyager is a 9-card solitaire game celebrating the Pioneer and Voyager space probe missions. Using hand management and worker placement mechanics, collect and spend money, allocate resources, visit locations throughout the solar system, and complete the four missions (Pioneer 10, Pioneer 11, Voyager 1, Voyager 2) before your time runs out.

Starboard (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
With Design and Art by: Iffix Y Santaph (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
When challenged to build a 9 card version of Hearts for 2 players, this is what happens.

Villa Manager (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Zach Edwardson (BGG) (GDCR)You are a manager of a villa and need to produce produce for market. It is a card and dice game.

Waddle (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Designed by: Iffix Y Santaph (BGG) (GDCR) (BGG Person)
Penguins on snowboards? Whats not to like? How about mean old Walter for starters? Walters a leopard seal. He eats penguins for breakfast, and uses their bones to clean his teeth after dinner. But not today, Walter.

Total Entries
Idea Phase: 23
Components Available: 11
Total Games: 34
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Overall Game
Best Overall Game

Award for the overall contest

12 Patrols (formerly 12 Offerings) (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
9-Card Circus (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Agents of S.M.U.S.H. (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Anag-run (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Dance Of Muses (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Labyrinth Runner (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Professor Quidits Contrabulous Game of Steam Powered Football (Entry Thread) (GDCR)
Under Falling Skies (Entry Thread) (GDCR)

Total Entries in this Category: 97

I will contribute 500 Geekgold to this category.

This list is generated from data in the GDCR. Please use that resource to enter your game in categories. Instructions can be found in the GDCR Guild. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help. This is an autogenerated post and only runs once per day. Changes that you make in the GDCR will appear here in the next update.

Please tip this post to contribute to the prize pool for this category.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Solitaire Game
Best Solitaire Game

This category is for games designed exclusively for one player. Multiplayer games are allowed so long as the game has a dedicated solitaire mode.

Total Entries in this Category: 30

I will contribute 100 Geekgold to this category.

This list is generated from data in the GDCR. Please use that resource to enter your game in categories. Instructions can be found in the GDCR Guild. Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help. This is an autogenerated post and only runs once per day. Changes that you make in the GDCR will appear here in the next update.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Two-Player Game
Best Two-Player Game

This category is for games designed exclusively for two players. Other player counts are allowed so long as the game have a dedicated two-player mode.

Total Entries in this Category: 50

I will contribute 50 Geekgold to this category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Three+ Player Game
Best Three+ Player Game

This category is for games designed exclusively for three or more players. Other player counts are allowed so long as the game have a dedicated three or more player mode.

Total Entries in this Category: 19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Most Thematic Game
Most Thematic Game

Games where the mechanics are closely alligned with a great theme

Total Entries in this Category: 47

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Wargame
Best Wargame

Games that simulate a conflict. Could be historical, fantasy, sci fi, etc.

Total Entries in this Category: 5

I will contribute 100 Geekgold to this category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Dexterity
Best Dexterity

This category is for games that involve physical skill and/or coordination to play.

Total Entries in this Category: 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Rule Book
Best Rule Book

Best written rules. Also includes rule clarity, layout, and organization

Total Entries in this Category: 55

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Original Artwork
Best Original Artwork

Artwork created specifically for the game, either by the designer or another artist

Total Entries in this Category: 34

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best New Designer
Best New Designer

A designer with no previous designs in any contest or games previously released

acharlie1377 (BGG) (GDCR)
Nominated for the folloring games:
Saloon Shootout (GDCR) (Entry Thread)
9-Card Circus (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Angel Vzquez (BGG) (GDCR)
Nominated for the folloring game:
The Fountain (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Christian Beck (BGG) (GDCR)
I Am Not Left-handed (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Chuck Lemon (BGG) (GDCR)
Cat Corral (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

darkrenown (BGG) (GDCR)
Cain's Legacy (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Doug Guzman (BGG) (GDCR)
The Jungle (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Gabe Wigtil (BGG) (GDCR)
Mariner (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Jason L (BGG) (GDCR)
Corrupt Maze (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Javier Pascual (BGG) (GDCR)
The Alpha (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Marcel Khler (BGG) (GDCR)
Ave, Imperator! (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Matt Clapham (BGG) (GDCR)
Agents of S.M.U.S.H. (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Matthew Heiti (BGG) (GDCR)
The Epic of Gil & Ennis (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

MsRyan (BGG) (GDCR)
Trial with Error (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Napcat (BGG) (GDCR)
Zombie Government (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

nerdboxx (BGG) (GDCR)
Lemming Launcher (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

RidleysMom (BGG) (GDCR)
Smoking Gun (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Steve Retks (BGG) (GDCR)
Coba (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Steve Sekula (BGG) (GDCR)
Gem_blenders.zip (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Tony Yang (BGG) (GDCR)
Escaped Oddities (GDCR) (Entry Thread)

Total Entries in this Category: 19

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Most Innovative Mechanic
Most Innovative Mechanic

Games in this category should have an original mechanic or combination of mechanics

Total Entries in this Category: 35

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Low Ink Printing
Best Low Ink Printing

Games that look nice and are playable when printed with a minimum amount of ink.

Total Entries in this Category: 41

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Cards Only Game
Best Cards Only Game

This category is for games that use only cards. No other components (cubes, dice, etc) are allowed.

Total Entries in this Category: 20

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Best Legacy Game
Best Legacy Game

This category is for games that use legacy mechanics. The full experience is played out in a campaign that can only be played once without printing a new copy..

Total Entries in this Category: 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
Best Playtester

This category is for the best playtesters. Voters will nominate people for this category during voting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
msg tools
mbmbmb
2019 9 Card Game Print and Play Design Contest Categories - Volunteer Prize
Volunteer Prize

Best game as voted for by the contest volunteer playtesters. Only those who participated in the volunteer program will be eligible to vote in this category.

Total Entries in this Category: 97

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to emphasize to everyone that the Entries Lists and category entries above are auto generated posts from the GDCR. You must enter your games and register for categories in the GDCR.

Full instructions can be found in the GDCR Guild. Relevant posts are also linked here for easy access:

Adding a Game to the GDCR
Adding Categories in the GDCR
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to enter my 4th 9 card wargame.

9 Card Bunker Hill

This is a solitaire wargame in which you control the British forces trying to take the fort on Breed's Hill. The title may be changed if I can think of something clever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Riverton
UT
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also working on a few ideas for a second entry. Perhaps a sequel to the most popular monster-themed Christmas game of 2018, Franky's 1st Christmas. In this game, the Wolfman gave Franky his first smartphone! (He may have stolen it from a tourist.) Now, all the monsters have to figure out how to unlock the phone and turn off the location service before the original owner can track them down.

Also toying with something for the legacy category. We'll see what ideas germinate more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Nace
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chansen2794 wrote:
I'm also working on a few ideas for a second entry. Perhaps a sequel to the most popular monster-themed Christmas game of 2018, Franky's 1st Christmas. In this game, the Wolfman gave Franky his first smartphone! (He may have stolen it from a tourist.) Now, all the monsters have to figure out how to unlock the phone and turn off the location service before the original owner can track them down.

Also toying with something for the legacy category. We'll see what ideas germinate more.

Loved that game last year, would be fun to see a sequel with similar but improved mechanics.

I'm kicking around multiple ideas myself, might try worker placement, or some kind of space themed game, or maybe a sports game. Not sure yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
If you can't beat the heat... You're not Jack Sly.
mbmbmbmbmb
2 hours from dare to dream.
(Probably closer to nightmare at this juncture.)
My early early draft components for Starboard are here:
Starboard
This game was designed to be a 9 card attempt at Hearts for 2 players. (I think the results wound up sort of like BraveRats at this point.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iffix Y Santaph
msg tools
designer
badge
If you can't beat the heat... You're not Jack Sly.
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, what I've been waiting for and excited to share with you all is this:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
Just kidding. Last time I promise.

Waddle [9 Card Design Contest][Playtesting Components Ready]
Waddle is for 2-4 players, and uses 5 cycling trick-taking cards and a modular board constructed of 4 cards. Beyond these, it uses cubes. 18 cubes if I counted right. I'm grateful to have had the assistance of Giampiero Randazzo to help make the game pretty. (Here's hoping it's also fun to play.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [28] |