Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perhaps because they were a late addition, The French Army Expansion has no tank rules, other than the unit summary sheet. In the original (British) Tank Expansion, A British male tank making a Bonus Attack may only make a close assault, but a British female tank may make a ranged attack.

Is a French Tank treated as a male tank, due to its cannon (both types), for this Bonus Attack rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal K
Poland
Otwock
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume so, as the British / German tank rules should re-apply to French ones...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You might check that. I think you have male/female backwards.

Doesn’t change your question though.

I’m away from my rules. After you check male/female, see if they say anything about the German A7, which I recall had both male and female attributes.

I’m not sure I would grant the French tanks similar (both) abilities. They’re weaker in number and type of machineguns.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kevin,

It seems reversed to me too, but that's still what my original Tank Expansion rules say on Page 9. Has it been changed?

The Schneider had 2 MGs, one on each side. The St. Chamond had 4, one for each direction! That's pretty good coverage for them.

The German A7V is the only disagreement I ever had with Richard on any C&C game! It does have both types of weapon, but I questioned that, because the front mounted cannon did not have an MG mounted there, but to the sides and rear! So you couldn't fire both at once. He said it wouldn't hurt the game to play it either way (my way was either but not both); however, I play it straight as written--both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
goo I now see that the French tanks are noted on their unit summary sheets as "Male/Female," and should therefore be treated as the A7V.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.